997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Videos: VIR Track Day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 04:16 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Videos: VIR Track Day

Hey guys,

I've been out of the forum for a month or more. Been pissed off at the body shop that took way too long on my car so I kept it as far from my mind as I could. I don't like being a victim. Anyway, so I got out last weekend to CMP and ran well, but it was really loose. So I took it to Synergy Racing again (someone else worked on it before last weekend on the supsension setup) and they set me back up 'correctly' before this last weekend at VIR. As you can see in the vids, I ran 7 laps in a row at either 2:14 or 2:15, which I'm pretty happy about... especially the consistency (regardless of traffic or screw ups). You will notice how much I need a limited slip diff. Turns One and Oak Tree (the tight hairpin, don't remember the number) are impossible for me to get through/out of well. I think there's a second or so in there from just having an LSD. So now the car is back at Synergy racing having that installed, as well as a lightweight flywheel, single mass clutch, and Ohlins racing suspension. I'm getting rid of the Bilsteins. If someone wants them, let me know. I'll make them a deal. I just need something totally track focused.

Anyway, glad to be back here. I don't get to get back on the track until July, because I'm going out of the country for half a year. I feel like I may not make it!

Check the vids. VIR was wonderful this weekend, as always.

Jared

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6fbDYK9SKs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xT6J7Pb3Dk

Last edited by blakt out; 12-11-2007 at 07:09 AM.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:18 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Nice vids. Coming to Knoxvegas anytime soon

Is your car a tip?

Old 12-10-2007, 04:23 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Hey buddy. Not planning on going to Knox Vegas. MAYBE a day or so during the Holidays, but I doubt it. The car's going to be at Synergy through July though, so I wouldn't have it.

Why did you ask if my car's a tip? Curious. It's a 6 speed. No tip.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:24 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Sweet. PM me if you do. We just opened up a new shop.

I just watched a little bit of the video and couldn't really tell if you were reaching down to the shifter.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm fast like lightnin', bro. Like lightnin.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:56 PM
BoostJunkie is infamous around these parts
Nice driving It seems like you are losing a bit of time in turns 3-6, which is understandable given the conditions. Turns 4 and 5 are very slick because they patched them with concrete. A few weeks ago I drove a stock 997 at VIR full in the rain and that section got very hairy at times. One bit of advice if you don't mind...try trailbraking a bit more into turn 4 and turn in later. It will put you in a much better spot for turn 5, and that really helps get me into a rhythm for that whole section.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by BoostJunkie
Nice driving It seems like you are losing a bit of time in turns 3-6, which is understandable given the conditions. Turns 4 and 5 are very slick because they patched them with concrete. A few weeks ago I drove a stock 997 at VIR full in the rain and that section got very hairy at times. One bit of advice if you don't mind...try trailbraking a bit more into turn 4 and turn in later. It will put you in a much better spot for turn 5, and that really helps get me into a rhythm for that whole section.
Bro I totally don't mind. Thanks. I actually sent this to a few guys who are faster than me and they said the same thing. I'm also taking the Climbing Esses wrong. I should hang right longer, cut in and stay left until I turn in to the first right and there's a straight line that will 'appear' through them from there where I can accelerate through to the top of South Bend.

Isn't this a kick *** hobby? I love it.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:59 PM
BoostJunkie is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by blakt out
Bro I totally don't mind. Thanks. I actually sent this to a few guys who are faster than me and they said the same thing. I'm also taking the Climbing Esses wrong. I should hang right longer, cut in and stay left until I turn in to the first right and there's a straight line that will 'appear' through them from there where I can accelerate through to the top of South Bend.

Isn't this a kick *** hobby? I love it.
The climbing esses can be tricky, but I do like to stay right and then turn in a little bit late for the first left hander. Some people call that section "the dance" because it's really important to get a rhythm going through there.

I can't really imagine a better way to spend all of my money I just bought a rollbar, 6-point harnesses and Recaro SPG XL's for my STi so there's no turning back now... It's still my street car as well but I figured I have put off buying safety equipment for long enough, even if it means losing my back seat

Old 12-17-2007, 10:17 AM
B-moreBroker is infamous around these parts
nice runs Jared... can't wait for the spring so I can get back out there...

Old 12-17-2007, 11:13 AM
cdaniels is infamous around these parts
Excellent...excellent..one of the best video's I've see via 6speedonline...and you were hauling______!

What HP and TQ do you estimate you're running?

Old 12-17-2007, 12:19 PM
B-more,

I wish I was going to be running in the Spring. I'm going to Switzerland for 6 months in a few weeks, so I'm out of the game for a while!

cdaniels,

Thanks much for the kind words. I know there's a good amount of places I can improve. I feel good though, considering this is only my first year and I didn't start that until May or so. As for HP, I guess a solid few digits over 500 at the crank. Haven't dynoed. I am a slacker. TQ, I really have no idea. Sorry man! It's a good bit faster though!

Jared

Old 12-18-2007, 01:26 AM
TripleInboard is infamous around these parts
Great driving and great video! Car is really sick too.

Have you considered getting a cup car? (996 or 997) With the speeds you are achieving the extra safety equipment would be worth the price alone. Plus you would notice a huge decrease in your lap times and the fun factor would be through the roof.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:30 AM
Yeah. I've thought about that. The main reason that I probably won't be doing that is the incredible loss that I would take on my car. I'm in the $70k plus area just on mods. I don't think it'd be smart in the end, when I can convert mine over. It's at a Rolex Cup race shop right now. I'm thinking about whether or not I have them convert it. However, I love to drive it on the street too. I will have them do the engine shutoff and fire system buttons on the hood. I already have the half cage. If I want, they can just weld on the rest of it. Anyway, thanks much! Plus, it wouldn't be cool to supercharge a Cup car! If I get my weight down, I could have something really special. I'm talking with some guys about carbon doors, hood, and deck lid.