997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Problem with Rusnak Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 02:43 PM
3BE
3BE is on a distinguished road
Update: I got a call from Rusnak saying that they would pay for half of the repair, which is $500 dollars, which would be only enough to get a cheap job done, and I can't do that because I gave them a perfect bumper and they destroyed it. In addition it is a lease and I have to return the car with a good repair job so I told them no, see you in court.

I then got a call from Porsche of North America saying that they don't want me to go to court and that they would see what they can do to make my happy. I told them that getting my bumper fixed would get me happy. So I'm waiting to get a call by Tuesday to let me know what they are going to do. If I hear nothing I'm going to move forward with the lawsuit.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:01 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 3BE
Update: I got a call from Rusnak saying that they would pay for half of the repair, which is $500 dollars, which would be only enough to get a cheap job done, and I can't do that because I gave them a perfect bumper and they destroyed it. In addition it is a lease and I have to return the car with a good repair job so I told them no, see you in court.

I then got a call from Porsche of North America saying that they don't want me to go to court and that they would see what they can do to make my happy. I told them that getting my bumper fixed would get me happy. So I'm waiting to get a call by Tuesday to let me know what they are going to do. If I hear nothing I'm going to move forward with the lawsuit.
How about a picture so we can see what this $1,000 damage looks like.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:33 PM
3BE
Will have to take a picture tom. as it's already getting dark but will do.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:01 PM
500 is infamous around these parts500 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 3BE

If the dealer has their own body shop their cost to do the repair no matter the amount is about 1/2 vs. what they would charge you...so thell them for $500 they should do it all and right.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
You're actually going to pay them to fix the bumper and then go to small claims court to recover the money? That sounds backwards to me. Make them fix the car at no cost to you.
This may be a better move than first thought as it shows that J. is cooperative. The court's do look for that. I would sue them for sure as Small Claims courts favor individuals.

I am not implying that J. should take this lying down, but if Rusnak does the work they will not release the car w/o full payment. The fact that they are offering to eat 1/2 the cost is an admission!

Fully document everything, because it does sound as if they are covering for themselves!

You can also subpoena the service person who rode with you, J.. He has to testify under oath!

It was my understanding that others on this site have indicated that this dealer is a no no due to similar experiences!.

Moral: well photograph your car before taking to a dealer!

Old 01-18-2008, 06:41 PM
abe911 is on a distinguished road
If you were playing poker...I would say they just blinked!

Originally Posted by 3BE

Don't settle for anything less than they fixing it at no cost to you. $500 bs....with there overpriced labor and part cost they are probably still making money. God, what do they think we are...suckers. They should rename their dealership to the WC FIELDS PORSCHE DEALERSHIP....a sucker is born every day.

abe

Old 01-18-2008, 07:08 PM
3BE
Something else that bothered me is that Rusnak owns a body shop so with the $500 they were willing to settle for, they would still be making a profit from me.

Second thing I forgot to mention, when I purchased the car about a year ago, after signing the papers the guys that took it to get the car filled with gas hit the bumper and scratched it a little, and the sales manager apologized and said to bring the car back and that they would take care of that. Did they ever...NO! I should of learned my lesson from that day.

I just hope that they realize at the end that they should have just taken care of this mess, and taken responsibility for their mistake. Now they have a headache to deal with, losing a purchase of a 997tt that I was going to make from them, and all of the business that friends of mine would of gave them.

It bothers me that when I run a business the first thing I do is make sure my customers receive the best product and best customer service. Wish it was like that at a place where we spend lots of money at.

Last edited by 3BE; 01-18-2008 at 07:38 PM. Reason: edit
Old 01-18-2008, 09:53 PM
ecded is on a distinguished road
Unbeliveable, Rusnak has pulled the same thing with me on my previous Audi a few months ago.

I took my car to them around August for some warranty work. The car was lowered with a Sportec front bumper. This was not my first time there and every time that I did go there, I made sure to warn my service advisor to be careful as the car is lowered.

After the work was completed, I got a call from them to pick up the car but I couldn't make it to the dealer until the next day. When I got there to pick up the car, my service advisor told me that "he had some bad news". I asked him what it was and he simply told me that "the bumper fell off when I was driving". He showed me the bumper, which was now in 4 pieces in front of the car. His story was that he took it for a test drive and the bumper fell off during the drive. Now, anyone with any experience with the Sportec front lip knows that when it's installed, it's VERY HARD to get it off, no matter what you do. There is no way that the bumper would fall off and it was broken because it was smashed somewhere carelessly.

After going back and forth for a few months, Rusnak didn't do a single thing. All I heard from them were excuses and BS stories. I contacted Audi, Rusnak Corporate, etc. and no one really cared.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:42 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ecded
Unbeliveable, Rusnak has pulled the same thing with me on my previous Audi a few months ago.

I took my car to them around August for some warranty work. The car was lowered with a Sportec front bumper. This was not my first time there and every time that I did go there, I made sure to warn my service advisor to be careful as the car is lowered.

After the work was completed, I got a call from them to pick up the car but I couldn't make it to the dealer until the next day. When I got there to pick up the car, my service advisor told me that "he had some bad news". I asked him what it was and he simply told me that "the bumper fell off when I was driving". He showed me the bumper, which was now in 4 pieces in front of the car. His story was that he took it for a test drive and the bumper fell off during the drive. Now, anyone with any experience with the Sportec front lip knows that when it's installed, it's VERY HARD to get it off, no matter what you do. There is no way that the bumper would fall off and it was broken because it was smashed somewhere carelessly.

After going back and forth for a few months, Rusnak didn't do a single thing. All I heard from them were excuses and BS stories. I contacted Audi, Rusnak Corporate, etc. and no one really cared.
So what happened - you let them get away with that?

Old 01-19-2008, 08:01 AM
MJS NYC is on a distinguished road
In addition to calling the regional manager, it might best serve you to write a letter to Elizabeth Rusnak, CC him and your contact at PCNA. Don't settle for their $500 offer that is complete BS.

It is also interesting to note that they (Rusnak Motors) have a pretty strong BBB (better business bureau) rating - you can file a complaint online. If they care about preserving the rating, they will choke up the additional $500.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:21 AM
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
Sorry to hear that. This is total BS. After what i read hear, I am going to buy donuts for my dealership next time i take my car. They are angels compared to what you wrote. Fight the darn thing. Call Porsche. This is completely unacceptable.
What is this world coming down to?

Old 01-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Rivan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 3BE
Something else that bothered me is that Rusnak owns a body shop so with the $500 they were willing to settle for, they would still be making a profit from me.

Second thing I forgot to mention, when I purchased the car about a year ago, after signing the papers the guys that took it to get the car filled with gas hit the bumper and scratched it a little, and the sales manager apologized and said to bring the car back and that they would take care of that. Did they ever...NO! I should of learned my lesson from that day.

I just hope that they realize at the end that they should have just taken care of this mess, and taken responsibility for their mistake. Now they have a headache to deal with, losing a purchase of a 997tt that I was going to make from them, and all of the business that friends of mine would of gave them.

It bothers me that when I run a business the first thing I do is make sure my customers receive the best product and best customer service. Wish it was like that at a place where we spend lots of money at.
Several years ago, a friend of mine ordered a 996 Turbo from Rusnak Pasadena. After noticed my friend when the car arrive they won't let her pick up the car when she went to the showroom. We guess Rusnak either damage the car or mess up the paper work. Instead of explain to my friend what happen, Rusnak blame her the delay is because her credit score is low. After the accusation, my friend end up bought the car from someone else. This is enough to make me stay away from Rusnak Pasadena. I did have good experience from Rusnak Westlake though.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:30 PM
abe911 is on a distinguished road
Times have changed. A friend of mine took his Mercedes 280 to the dealership for a routine 1000km service. He received a call telling him that they were going to take an xtra day and they were very apologetic. When he arrived and asked why the delay...he was told that a mechanic accidently scratched his door and they called the factory for a new door with the correct paint. It took 24hrs for the paint to dry and for the new door to arrive at the shop. Well, that was in Germany 1968.
abe

Old 01-19-2008, 06:04 PM
997SFighter can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by 3BE
On a side note does anyone recommend another Porsche dealer in the LA area for my next check up?
Circle Porsche in Long Beach has amazing service just ask for Alberto.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:55 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Rivan
Several years ago, a friend of mine ordered a 996 Turbo from Rusnak Pasadena. After noticed my friend when the car arrive they won't let her pick up the car when she went to the showroom. We guess Rusnak either damage the car or mess up the paper work. Instead of explain to my friend what happen, Rusnak blame her the delay is because her credit score is low. After the accusation, my friend end up bought the car from someone else. This is enough to make me stay away from Rusnak Pasadena. I did have good experience from Rusnak Westlake though.
Rusnak Westlake = previously mentioned donkey ball sacks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Problem with Rusnak Porsche