997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Problem with Rusnak Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 10:32 PM
3BE
3BE is on a distinguished road
Problem with Rusnak Porsche

So I dropped my Carrera C4 convertible at Rusnak on Monday to get some issues taken care of. When I got there a shop Forman sat in the car with me and we went for a little drive so that I could recreate the squeak that I wanted fixed. After the drive I handed the keys over, and my service adviser said he would call me when it was done. So two days passed and no call, so I figured I would give them a call and see what was going on. When I called I asked him when my car would be done, and he said tomorrow. Right when I was about to hang up he says “Btw I found out how much it would be for you to fix your bumper its going to be $1,000” I then asked him what he was talking about nothing was wrong with my bumper when I gave him the car, and he said that I had hit it on the curb while driving with the Forman. So I drove over to Pasadena looked at the car and couldn’t believe my eyes. My car was blandly hit. Now I know for a fact that I didn’t hit it because if I did I would of felt the impact, at least heard something, or the Forman would of at least said “Sir you just hit your car”. I mean how stupid does someone have to be to hit their car the way it got hit and have no clue. So we called the Forman that was with me during the test drive and I asked him if he felt it when I hit the car, or if he heard anything and he said no. The Forman said “well I think its possible that you might of hit it because you got close to the curb”. In addition the dealer never marked my car when they took it from me, and the Forman never even said anything to me after we got out of the car. So after fighting with the entire staff they just wouldn’t budge. And what made it worse was that the sales manager that I bought the car from came up to me and apologized and told me this stuff happens all the time but service never takes the fall even when its their fault. Now this has nothing to do with the money, but more with the principal because I can care less about $1,000. So I’ve decided that I’m going to take them to small claims court because I hate being lied to and taken advantage of. I don’t work hard day to day for people to treat me like a fool. So I was hoping I could get some advice on maybe what else I can do, or what other options I might have. Thank You

Old 01-17-2008, 12:06 AM
invids is on a distinguished road
That sounds really bad. Try contacting Porsche NA and letting them know about this.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:35 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. That's pretty horrible, update us.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:40 AM
RandomName is on a distinguished road
sounds fishy. They are supposed to conduct a walk through with you when you dropped the car off. if you never reported bumper as part of repair why would they look into reparing it and give you a quote?

I would def not pay the $1000. I agree with you, even if it is a penny i would not let it go. And I would stay the hell away from that dealership...

Old 01-17-2008, 12:55 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 3BE
“Btw I found out how much it would be for you to fix your bumper its going to be $1,000”
Weird. he actually told u something u didn't tell him to do. this guy got ballz.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:04 AM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Glad I live far away from that dealership. It keeps making news......relentlessly, and it's always bad. In fact there's been so much bad I don't understand why people still bring their cars to that shop. There are options in the LA area, that much I know. Poor choice of business partner by PCNA imo.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:15 AM
abe911 is on a distinguished road
Did they repair the squeak? Okay, I guess that was not funny. Yeah I would be pissed off and after you win your case....since money is no object, send me the $1000, I can use it.
Seriously, I would go up the chain of command as far as you can take it....make them aware about your posts here too. I send them certified letters with the names of everyone involved...specially your sales person who claims this happens all the time.
I use R in westlake/thousand oaks...and everytime I take it in they go over the car and mark any scratch. Sooooo why didn't they follow their rules? .
Best of Luck....I take them to small claims too. Don't forget to add time off work, two days without car, possible decrease vallue to your car, and anything else you can thing of to the amount of your claim.
God I hate when people lie and think I am an idiot or fool.
abe

Old 01-17-2008, 02:15 AM
rah79 is on a distinguished road
totally insane...we pay so much for the car and they hire these scam artists.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:39 AM
ZEMDOGG is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 20C4S
Weird. he actually told u something u didn't tell him to do. this guy got ballz.
WOW Ballz is right. No class either. Unreal man sorry to hear. Good luck!

Old 01-17-2008, 07:44 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 3BE
So I dropped my Carrera C4 convertible at Rusnak on Monday to get some issues taken care of. When I got there a shop Forman sat in the car with me and we went for a little drive so that I could recreate the squeak that I wanted fixed. After the drive I handed the keys over, and my service adviser said he would call me when it was done. So two days passed and no call, so I figured I would give them a call and see what was going on. When I called I asked him when my car would be done, and he said tomorrow. Right when I was about to hang up he says “Btw I found out how much it would be for you to fix your bumper its going to be $1,000” I then asked him what he was talking about nothing was wrong with my bumper when I gave him the car, and he said that I had hit it on the curb while driving with the Forman. So I drove over to Pasadena looked at the car and couldn’t believe my eyes. My car was blandly hit. Now I know for a fact that I didn’t hit it because if I did I would of felt the impact, at least heard something, or the Forman would of at least said “Sir you just hit your car”. I mean how stupid does someone have to be to hit their car the way it got hit and have no clue. So we called the Forman that was with me during the test drive and I asked him if he felt it when I hit the car, or if he heard anything and he said no. The Forman said “well I think its possible that you might of hit it because you got close to the curb”. In addition the dealer never marked my car when they took it from me, and the Forman never even said anything to me after we got out of the car. So after fighting with the entire staff they just wouldn’t budge. And what made it worse was that the sales manager that I bought the car from came up to me and apologized and told me this stuff happens all the time but service never takes the fall even when its their fault. Now this has nothing to do with the money, but more with the principal because I can care less about $1,000. So I’ve decided that I’m going to take them to small claims court because I hate being lied to and taken advantage of. I don’t work hard day to day for people to treat me like a fool. So I was hoping I could get some advice on maybe what else I can do, or what other options I might have. Thank You
You're actually going to pay them to fix the bumper and then go to small claims court to recover the money? That sounds backwards to me. Make them fix the car at no cost to you.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:04 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Even thought I drive a Porsche 997S too, a $1000 is a lot of money to me!

Old 01-17-2008, 10:44 AM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
have you paid yet? If not, pay for an attorney to call and say they if they don't cover this cost that he will be taking them to court...try to get this resolved without going to court. I would also say that you are a member of several internet forums where your story will be posted if they don't do the right thing; so that at least you have some leverage

Old 01-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mdrums
Even thought I drive a Porsche 997S too, a $1000 is a lot of money to me!
Agreed...

Old 01-17-2008, 10:53 AM
GossettPorsche is on a distinguished road
got one word for you. 1-800-Porsche. choose "customer care" or whatever. report it to pcna. that should get their attention. this is complete bs, and totally shady. the kind of thing I would expect from "bob's used cars" not an authorized dealer.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:53 AM
LABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of light
That's a terrible idea Russ - if he threatens them it will not aid his case whatsoever.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Problem with Rusnak Porsche