997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

check engine light - catalyic converters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 03:37 AM
mishref will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Dave07997S
Only on ROTW cars not US cars does the PASM lower the car.

Dave
I have never heard that one before ... will check it out today. I usually engage PASM when going over bumps, the rebound is stiff so it doesn't bounce down too much and hit.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:09 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jreeves197
I started with the fabspeed cats and as soon as I installed them the cel came on. Vividracing gave me a credit and they also purchased the awe cats for me so I could use my credit, those guys are great at vivd. I keep hearing about hjs so I guess they are doing things right with their cats.
I don't understand all the science but it has to be the engineering of the entire system and the contact area of that cats that make a difference. My Europipe system has 100 cell cats and with stock programming and O2 sensors connected, I've never had a CEL.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:02 AM
jreeves197 is infamous around these partsjreeves197 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
I don't understand all the science but it has to be the engineering of the entire system and the contact area of that cats that make a difference. My Europipe system has 100 cell cats and with stock programming and O2 sensors connected, I've never had a CEL.
I hear europipe has very good quality products.. It sounds incredible. I wanted that system as soon as I heard it but it was too late I already had purchased my awe, which also sounds great.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:35 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
I just want to bring everyone up to speed here.

Unfortunately when we initially released the system the HJS cats were not available yet. The cats we were using were the best we could find on the market at that time.

Once the HJS were available, we made the switch. I wish we could just update everyone for free, but we cannot.

However, if want to upgrade, we can do so at a discounted price.

Please email me if you have specific questions.

mike@awe-tuning.com

Old 02-16-2008, 05:54 AM
Antz_997s is on a distinguished road
My car just had CEL on today and i don't have any aftermarket cats on the car. Initially i thought it will disappear like some of you have experienced but after 70 miles of driving it's still there.

Is it possibly because of my EVO intake? Anyone has experienced getting CEL from EVO intake?

Old 02-16-2008, 11:09 AM
jreeves197 is infamous around these partsjreeves197 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Antz_997s
My car just had CEL on today and i don't have any aftermarket cats on the car. Initially i thought it will disappear like some of you have experienced but after 70 miles of driving it's still there.

Is it possibly because of my EVO intake? Anyone has experienced getting CEL from EVO intake?
It could be from over oiling the filter if you had it cleaned recently.. Or, it could just be a bad o2 sensor.. I had one go bad when I first bought my car so thats always a possibility.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by jreeves197
It could be from over oiling the filter if you had it cleaned recently.. Or, it could just be a bad o2 sensor.. I had one go bad when I first bought my car so thats always a possibility.
No the Evo intake was installed recently, about 3 months ago at Sharkwerks. I'm worried if i bring my car to the dealership they would blame it all on the intake and any possibility they will void my warranty?

Let's hope it's really bad o2 sensor.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Gd news! The CEL just disappeared by itself last night.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:19 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Antz_997s
Gd news! The CEL just disappeared by itself last night.
Next time you're at the dealer see if they can tell you what code came up.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:33 AM
dan_997 is on a distinguished road
I recently have had reoccurring CEL's for cats on both banks. I'm currently working with Mike at AWE to determine a solution. If there is any interest I'll update here as things progress.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by dan_997
I recently have had reoccurring CEL's for cats on both banks. I'm currently working with Mike at AWE to determine a solution. If there is any interest I'll update here as things progress.
"Old Style" or "New Style" cats??

Old 02-26-2008, 05:13 PM
dan_997 is on a distinguished road
Old style.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:02 PM
GTB/ZR-1 is on a distinguished road
Bringing this thread back from the dead...

Any way to tune out the CEL? Not sure if I wan't to go through the expense & hassle for a hardware change, if there's a workaround.

Also, I tried snapping my scan tool to clear the code, but it wouldn't fit--it works on my American & Japanese cars...

Thx guys

Old 05-23-2009, 03:20 PM
911nojoke has a spectacular aura about911nojoke has a spectacular aura about911nojoke has a spectacular aura about
I fixed my constant cels on an all AWE setup by putting a spacer on each rear O2 sensor. It was a piece of cake and worked like a charm. I initially bought these:

http://yhst-1918367471896.stores.yahoo.net/oxsesp.html

and they look great but i never put them on because i built a set for $5 by drilling out 'spark plug non-fowlers' from autozone that worked a trick.

anyway,it was a fun fix for me--just borrow an 02 sensor socket from autozone and it is easy. So far 2 months without a cel...

fyi, i think fvd has something similar for around $90 (each??)

Old 05-23-2009, 04:10 PM
GTB/ZR-1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 911nojoke
I fixed my constant cels on an all AWE setup by putting a spacer on each rear O2 sensor. It was a piece of cake and worked like a charm. I initially bought these:

http://yhst-1918367471896.stores.yahoo.net/oxsesp.html

and they look great but i never put them on because i built a set for $5 by drilling out 'spark plug non-fowlers' from autozone that worked a trick.

anyway,it was a fun fix for me--just borrow an 02 sensor socket from autozone and it is easy. So far 2 months without a cel...

fyi, i think fvd has something similar for around $90 (each??)
I just love cheap (and effective) workarounds--thx nojoke--I'll give that a shot

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: check engine light - catalyic converters