997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sat Radio for 997- Porsche XM or NAV-TV Sirius?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 03:11 PM
leneuromancer has a spectacular aura aboutleneuromancer has a spectacular aura about
PM already sent, I would really be interested in a group by on this unit

Old 04-18-2010, 07:29 AM
M4Miami is just really niceM4Miami is just really niceM4Miami is just really niceM4Miami is just really niceM4Miami is just really nice
I might be interested...need to know more/do more research about this unit. It is an add on to PCM? Displays TV on PCM and provides Sat radio too?

Old 11-11-2010, 02:24 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
Hello, those of you that did the Nav-tv Sirius install yourself, where did you put the Nav tv unit and where did you put the sirius unit ? I just did the wiring part and have the wires from the head unit coming out by the foot well but would like to do a nice neat install ... any advice would really be appreciated. thanks !!

Old 11-11-2010, 03:14 PM
leneuromancer has a spectacular aura aboutleneuromancer has a spectacular aura about
I have both of mine behind the glove compartment (which I had to remove to get back there)

Old 11-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Former Vendor
Dtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by af330i
Hello, those of you that did the Nav-tv Sirius install yourself, where did you put the Nav tv unit and where did you put the sirius unit ? I just did the wiring part and have the wires from the head unit coming out by the foot well but would like to do a nice neat install ... any advice would really be appreciated. thanks !!
Please see my previous post. There's room in the lower part of the center stack. Just run the wires from the head unit straight down. Call me if you need help.

Matt

Old 11-11-2010, 03:42 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
Hey Matt ... I might need to give you a call since I am a novice but I will remove the radio again and take a look, running the wires down sounds easy but it is the part where I actual put the unit kind of confuses me ... how do I get it to not knock around, how do I actually attach to the car so it doesn't bang around ... am I suppose to use velco or something ?

Old 11-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Former Vendor
Dtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by af330i
Hey Matt ... I might need to give you a call since I am a novice but I will remove the radio again and take a look, running the wires down sounds easy but it is the part where I actual put the unit kind of confuses me ... how do I get it to not knock around, how do I actually attach to the car so it doesn't bang around ... am I suppose to use velco or something ?
Once you open it up, you see how tight it is there. Feel free to call if I can help (516) 747-4114.

Matt

Old 11-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by Dtlng. Dynamics
Please see my previous post. There's room in the lower part of the center stack. Just run the wires from the head unit straight down. Call me if you need help.

Matt
Hello Matt, I tried to call you yesterday but they said you were working on a car so I Left a message ... can you please just give me an idea of the following:

1) I have the nav tv now wired to the head unit (I am in middle of the install and didn't have time to push the radio unit back in yet). Is there room to push the nav-tv unit down into the lower stack or do I have to unplug the unit, push the wires into the lower part of the center stack and then somehow I am guessing coming through the passengers side area and push the nav-tv unit into the lower console area and then re-plug the wires ... obviously the first way I described would be easiest.

2) Once I get the nav-tv hooked up in lower center stack, how do I secure it, do I let it flop around in there or do I secure it with velco or something ?

Thank you for your help,
Alan

Last edited by af330i; 11-13-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:51 PM
I figured it out ... for future posters I had to put the Nav-tv unit in from the passengers side and tucked it behind the HVAC controls without any wires/connectors hooked up to it.

I then snaked the wires down from the factory unti into it and you have to blindly plug them in ... the only hard one to plug was really the wire that goes from the nav-tv to the sirius unit but you will get it done, it just takes a extra few minutes.

I am also going to put some velcro (smooth side) on the nav tv unit so it does not rattle around though it is pretty tight fit anyway unless someone has another suggestion.