997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Put the order in on a June build Meteor/Black C4S Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 09:50 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Put the order in on a June build Meteor/Black C4S Coupe

Alright, I chickened out on my slate/red combo, that and the fact that optioning it out was getting outrageous. So this is what I'm going with on my 6/10 build. Great buying experience with Andrew Smith at Loeber in Chicago, I'd highly recommend him.

Meteor/Black
Adapative Sport Seats
Self Dimming mirrors
Heated front seats
19" Turbo wheel (will probably use these as winters and get HRE P40s for summer)
Sport Chrono plus
Nav module (sucky nav, I'm sure, but I'm an oem look freak)
Bose (yeah, I know it sux, and i may go aftermarket later)
Floor mats interior color
Thicker steering wheel
Carbon package
Rear center console carbon
Carbon door sill model insignia
Sport shifter
Red Taillights
Sport exhaust system

I'm going to go minimal on the mods, I think. Probably just rims, tint, clearbra, dension, tooki bluetooth, clear sidemarkers at first. Any suggestions for sat radio?

AJ

Old 02-14-2008, 12:08 PM
trd6478 is infamous around these parts
msrp is around $110K, correct? at that price id fork over the extra $10-15K for a lightly used turbo.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:15 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
MSRP is around $109k, I'm getting $5k off that. For a new 997TT optioned the way I want, it'd be around $140k. Sure I could get a used one or a very lightly optioned one in the 120s, but I actually really enjoyed test driving the normally aspirated 911s (also tested the turbo, of course) and I've never owned a porsche before. So I figure I could save some cash, learn the limits of a normally aspirated 911 while doing some driver courses and get a turbo in a couple yrs (or gt3, or whatever).

Old 02-14-2008, 12:34 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by AJag
MSRP is around $109k, I'm getting $5k off that. For a new 997TT optioned the way I want, it'd be around $140k. Sure I could get a used one or a very lightly optioned one in the 120s, but I actually really enjoyed test driving the normally aspirated 911s (also tested the turbo, of course) and I've never owned a porsche before. So I figure I could save some cash, learn the limits of a normally aspirated 911 while doing some driver courses and get a turbo in a couple yrs (or gt3, or whatever).
i agree with you. I love the turbo and the gt3, but i think i have so much to improve in my driving before i jump to a car that is out of my league. To tell the truth i think a 911 with a 2.7 liter boxster engine would have been more than enough for me. I plan on attending the PDE sometimes this year.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:18 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Wait for the face lift????

Old 02-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by neil.schneider
Wait for the face lift????
I thought long and hard about this as well, but decided the cosmetic changes weren't that significant and the power changes haven't been released yet. +20hp wouldn't really make a difference to me anyhow, at this point, I'm nowhere near capable of driving this car at its limit. Also given the strength of the euro, there's likely going to be a big price jump from the '08s and I'm sure deals off sticker for an ordered model would be hard to come by.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
i agree with you. I love the turbo and the gt3, but i think i have so much to improve in my driving before i jump to a car that is out of my league. To tell the truth i think a 911 with a 2.7 liter boxster engine would have been more than enough for me. I plan on attending the PDE sometimes this year.
Exactly, Raja, I don't need to kill myself in my first Porsche. Besides, if I got a turbo, there's no way I'd be able to keep myself from chipping it!

Old 02-14-2008, 05:12 PM
jfabes is infamous around these parts
I thought long and hard about this as well, but decided the cosmetic changes weren't that significant and the power changes haven't been released yet. +20hp wouldn't really make a difference to me anyhow, at this point, I'm nowhere near capable of driving this car at its limit. Also given the strength of the euro, there's likely going to be a big price jump from the '08s and I'm sure deals off sticker for an ordered model would be hard to come by.
While I understand power isn't free, i also wouldn't expect more than a couple thousand dollar price increase for the facelift with more power (25hp as described in a thread just above this). i don't remember the GT3 or TT having a large price increases for the 997 over the 996...esp given what you got in the new version. I do agree with your point about the discounts on an ordered car to some extent...

i wouldn't worry about whether the car has more power than you can handle, i'd worry more about dropping 100 large on a car that just had the update released. I would worry that the poor resale of the current 997 will just get worse. I'f you're nowhere near driving the car to its limit, than why buy the "S" anyway?

At any rate, congrats on the purchase

Old 02-14-2008, 05:29 PM
printemps2001 is infamous around these parts
I'm a little disappointed. When you started posting, you were big pimpin, new job, gonna make more money than Bill Gates himself, "what sort of outrageously optioned Turbo am I going to get" first time Porsche buyer. You then moved (wisely, I might add) to a C4S in a daring and unique color combination. Now your "Boston boringness" has reared its ugly head and you wound up with the same old silver on black car that's ubiquitous throughout the land. Don't give into the pressure....go back to the Carrera Red.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by printemps2001
I'm a little disappointed. When you started posting, you were big pimpin, new job, gonna make more money than Bill Gates himself, "what sort of outrageously optioned Turbo am I going to get" first time Porsche buyer. You then moved (wisely, I might add) to a C4S in a daring and unique color combination. Now your "Boston boringness" has reared its ugly head and you wound up with the same old silver on black car that's ubiquitous throughout the land. Don't give into the pressure....go back to the Carrera Red.
Hehe, I love this post. You're so right in many ways, I'm definitely settling on a more sedate car. Honestly, part of it is that I started thinking perceptions. As I'm going into a procedural specialty and my livelihood will rely on referrals from primary care docs, I started thinking that a bright red flashy interior may not be the image I want to portray. Now, in a few years when I have my referral base set and I've got a decent reputation (hopefully) maybe I can loosen up. You know, I still keep thinking about that red interior, I think I'm gonna have to do it.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:04 PM
pak
pak is infamous around these parts
Nice option selection. I'm sure you'll be very pleased with the car....and you can never go wrong w/ slate. Looking forward to pics.

pak

Old 02-14-2008, 06:35 PM
C4S
C4S is infamous around these parts
You Will be Happy With 4S

I got my 2007 C4S a year ago and have recycled the turbo decision a few times. I wish the car had a little more low end torque but that does also make it a better daily driver. The power is all there when you punch it with the old variocam setup. I couldn't bear to spend over a 100k on a car. My MSRP was 98 and I got about 6K off and optioned pretty lightly.

Believe it or not I might have gotten a Boxster if I had to do it over again and may still sell this when i used up the warranty for a new Boxster S. I didn't realize how much better the new convertibles are these days. I had an old Triumph Spitfire years ago. I didn't like the noise with the top up but that has changed.

You made a great choice on a great car and wlll be VERY delighted!!!!

Old 02-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Talking Had to do the red...

Ok, so this my FINAL build (hopefully). Build date is 6/10, delivery in July.

Meteor Grey
Carrera Red
Self Dimming mirrors
Heated front seats
19" Turbo wheels
Sport chrono package plus
Nav
Bose
Thicker steering wheel leather
Carbon package
Sport shifter
Adaptive sport seats
Red taillights
Sport exhaust system
Door finishers painted exterior color
Rear ctr console exterior color

Old 02-15-2008, 10:23 PM
500 is infamous around these parts500 is infamous around these parts
Ok, so this my FINAL build (hopefully). Build date is 6/10, delivery in July.

Meteor Grey
Carrera Red
Self Dimming mirrors
Heated front seats
19" Turbo wheels
Sport chrono package plus
Nav
Bose
Thicker steering wheel leather
Carbon package
Sport shifter
Adaptive sport seats
Red taillights
Sport exhaust system
Door finishers painted exterior color
Rear ctr console exterior color
I have meteor and black and like it very much. I too say wait another month or so for july/aug production and get an 09.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:46 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Here is my Turbo, meteor with black/stone grey two tone interior and carbon tunnel/door sills + alcantara multifunction wheel. I have seen meteor with terracotta/black 2 tone and it looks HOT!!! Not so sure about Carrera Red, have you seen it in person? It is REALLY BRIGHT red!

Last edited by 2thfixr; 02-15-2008 at 10:49 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Put the order in on a June build Meteor/Black C4S Coupe