997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Would you change the color of 19 RUF wheels on a Seal Grey 997?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 10:28 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
Would you change the color of 19 RUF wheels on a Seal Grey 997?

I just got my 19 RUF wheels and they are in good shape but could be better so getting 1 fully restored and thinking of justing doing all 4.... that said I have always liked dark wheels on sports cars but not necessarily black. I was thinking of having the wheels finished in a dark metallic like silver... not exactly sure what the color is called but guess something like on these wheels here seen on the GT-R....

My car is seal grey, black leather interior.... curious people's thoughts if I should make the set up a bit more unique and add some color or keep they the hyper like silver stock RUF OEM finish style? Thoughts?

Old 03-31-2008, 01:18 PM
Midcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud of
i suggest you take a pic and ask somebody to photoshop them.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:04 PM
cayenned has a spectacular aura aboutcayenned has a spectacular aura about
I've always liked the 5 spoke ruf wheel, classic and sexy all in one!

Old 03-31-2008, 06:53 PM
GT-Tan is infamous around these parts
If you find out what color is the GT-R wheel, please post it here. Look to me like hyper black or aka black chrome, but not sure.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:03 PM
wondersurgeon is infamous around these parts
Wheel color

I have seen a similar color before on an Aston Martin.
I saw the color referred to as anthracite on the window sticker.

brad.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:38 PM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
If you are really looking to improve your car's appearance get new wheels- maybe champion rs97 or HRE.... Sell yours to help off set the cash.

Really mean no offense

Old 04-01-2008, 07:18 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
no offense taken

hey any advice is good advice....no offense taken. I know many LOVE the RUF wheel and others not so much. For me stock OEM 19's or RUF (closest thing to stock IMO based on the relationship, heritage, etc of RUF and Porsche) is the only option in wheels for me. I know RUF is not OEM but when I look back at the 911's I lusted after the most it was 993 rolling on RUF wheeels...... just something about them I love...Oh and it is NOT the weight I really like how they do not look that "aftermarket" if that makes any sense; something classic about them IMO and not to bling. HRE are awesome, techarts are great, so many other beautiful wheels I agree and love when I seen aftermarket wheels on other cars. But for me I like OEM equipment or something as close as possible. They go on in about a week and will post pics. I have not seen many 997's with the 19RUF wheels so eager to see how it comes out.... I believe my chin spoiler will make the car come together.... still debating wether or not to add my tech art coil overs.... we shall see if your right, man I hope not, but if you are I will take the advice and sell them and get something else.... most likley 19 carerra classics or some gt3 wheels...

Originally Posted by P997S
If you are really looking to improve your car's appearance get new wheels- maybe champion rs97 or HRE.... Sell yours to help off set the cash.

Really mean no offense