997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Nissan GT-R .. New World Order ?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Restless is on a distinguished road
You may want to follow this link: http://www.targa.org.au
They will be running a Nissan GTR, also a Corvette and GT2. Unfortunately, according to the newsletter from MRT, they are a new team, with no expectations of being on the podium.
The MRT newsletter can be found at http://mrtperformance.com.au/newslet...newsletter.htm

Not associated with MRT, just still receive their newsletter from the STi days.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:32 AM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
This is a porsche area. WHO GIVES A CRAP ABOUT THE NEW Datsun. Go on Lambo power see what they say.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:37 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
blah blah blah......

come on buddy, can you at least try to post something worth reading..... ..... give it a shot, you mike like it... ..

Originally Posted by lardog
This is a porsche area. WHO GIVES A CRAP ABOUT THE NEW Datsun. Go on Lambo power see what they say.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:46 AM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Originally Posted by mickfluff
come on buddy, can you at least try to post something worth reading..... ..... give it a shot, you mike like it... ..

SURE if it is 997 related. 6speedonline.com Forums > Porsche (Present) > 997 thats what this area is for.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:56 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
You want a GTR I know it.....

you keep re-visiting this thread, I think you really want a new GTR just to shy to admit it..... by the way, take a read through the thread as most of it speaks to the 997... just it is comparing it to another car being the GTR.

Would you rather a topic with 40 replies all 997 owners commending each other on the choice of color interiors? I have a feeling you would love that type of thread.... you should go start one, a real value thread....
A good way to gauge if a post/topic is worthy is by reading the number of replies. Besides a few that are upset that this is not a 997 stroker thread this post seems to interest many.... have you looked at the Turbo and gt2/gt3 areas? all have similar like GTR threads..... They all must be crazy I guess. Go set em straight....Playing deputy dog here trying to sniff out a bad post won't earn you a merit badge..... but nice try.

I am only kidding you buddy, but come on, you need to be a bit more open minded..... not sure any lambo owners would want to read a thread comparing the GTR to a 997.... unless you own a lambo?

SURE if it is 997 related. 6speedonline.com Forums > Porsche (Present) > 997 thats what this area is for.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:56 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lig
The fanboi-ism on both sides of this is juvenile.
QFT.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:02 PM
you keep re-visiting this thread, I think you really want a new GTR just to shy to admit it..... by the way, take a read through the thread as most of it speaks to the 997... just it is comparing it to another car being the GTR.

Would you rather a topic with 40 replies all 997 owners commending each other on the choice of color interiors? I have a feeling you would love that type of thread.... you should go start one, a real value thread....
A good way to gauge if a post/topic is worthy is by reading the number of replies. Besides a few that are upset that this is not a 997 stroker thread this post seems to interest many.... have you looked at the Turbo and gt2/gt3 areas? all have similar like GTR threads..... They all must be crazy I guess. Go set em straight....Playing deputy dog here trying to sniff out a bad post won't earn you a merit badge..... but nice try.

I am only kidding you buddy, but come on, you need to be a bit more open minded..... not sure any lambo owners would want to read a thread comparing the GTR to a 997.... unless you own a lambo?
Hey leave deputy dog out of this . he is a great Guy.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
What would stop me from taking a similar like ride in my 997? I never said a scenic ride in one car was any better then in another..... What I do know is that for me personally if life was perfect I would want the best car for the event I am set out to do.... for a funeral a Hurse,,,,for a scenic ride on a warm day would take a convert, 997 never the less, for an all out "how fast I can go" (at the track or autobahn where it is legal) maybe the GTR is best!..... just not going to try and convince myself the car I just happen to own is best for any and all uses.... there is no one car that does it all the best but many cars that each has an area it may accel in. To me again thats what is so great about cars....

Your ride sounds nice, and sounds like you did it in the right car for you and that is all that matters.....

but seriously speaking, and this just a simple question.... do you (or others) really hate to read posts that compare cars to our great 997's? Hearing a car may do something better, faster, easier or other seems to upset a few people.... I just never understood it. I know I would never want to spend time of a forum where everyone's posts are just stroking each other about how their car is the best, anytime, anyplace, anywhere... not saying you do that by any means just a general thought I have......
I'll take you on the left if you prefer, I am a gentleman

happy driving....
I'll say this Mick: The GT-R certainly seems to have inspired and energized you. Perhaps you will find similar inspiration in a Porsche release someday. In the meantime I think you owe it to yourself and the rest of this board to go buy the car and report back, perhaps via a Nissan forum Surely to champion it's cause on this humble venue cannot be enough for you. You are right about one thing. After 2 years and 14K miles I do love this car. Surely you wouldn't argue that this is a bad thing? Gerry

Old 04-09-2008, 01:29 PM
nope...

No argument from me.....truly happy for you and mean that sincerely not as a wise guy... I wish I could convince myself of the same. but just too many cars I love out there....

I already have the inspirtaion for a porsche release; that is why I bought a 997 two months back. But my passion for the 997 wasn't able to kill and and all other interest I have for other cars. (happy it did not) For some, rationalizing to themselves the car they own is the best in the world works. I have just never been able to do so.... (not suggesting this is you but seems like some owners out there)

But yes, if I buy a GTR I will report back here as I know many 997 owners would love to hear about it.....

It is just comical to me that just because a porsche owner shows interest in another auto that this makes them public enemy #1.

Any car released posting such numbers, beating cars 2-3-4X in price is going to get me energized and passionate..... Nissan, Porsche, Ford or other... I am no snob to the maker, it it delivers I will pay it some attention to it. When it anilaites all in its path I will pay it extra attention!

Originally Posted by Gpjli
I'll say this Mick: The GT-R certainly seems to have inspired and energized you. Perhaps you will find similar inspiration in a Porsche release someday. In the meantime I think you owe it to yourself and the rest of this board to go buy the car and report back, perhaps via a Nissan forum Surely to champion it's cause on this humble venue cannot be enough for you. You are right about one thing. After 2 years and 14K miles I do love this car. Surely you wouldn't argue that this is a bad thing? Gerry

Last edited by mickfluff; 04-09-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Blazing is on a distinguished road
OMG,your fingers are tiny,ill say a little prayer for you,you need a miracle and more diapers.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by Blazing
OMG,your fingers are tiny,ill say a little prayer for you,you need a miracle and more diapers.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:46 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Lardog - - You qualify for the most unhappy 6speeder of the month award, congrats on taking that one home pal.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by LiNks
Lardog - - You qualify for the most unhappy 6speeder of the month award, congrats on taking that one home pal.
What, I am very happy Whats my prize? a GT-R I can sell it and get a Z06

Old 04-09-2008, 05:09 PM
strebo is on a distinguished road

Just because I post pictures of a smoking hot model naked and get 200 replies doesn't mean It belongs here. The OT section is here for a reason.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by strebo
Just because I post pictures of a smoking hot model naked and get 200 replies doesn't mean It belongs here. The OT section is here for a reason.
What car will she look better in? Porsche 997 or Datsun GT-R?

Last edited by lardog; 04-09-2008 at 05:22 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Nissan GT-R .. New World Order ?????