997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Nissan GT-R .. New World Order ?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 06:48 PM
RiceEater is on a distinguished road
^^Great post lardog and I still agree with you: Ban the infidels!!!!

Last edited by RiceEater; 04-09-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
Lardog,that is indeed a good point!

Old 04-09-2008, 07:03 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by lardog
What car will she look better in? Porsche 997 or Datsun GT-R?

Finally a good post in the GT-R topics.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:12 PM
500 is infamous around these parts500 is infamous around these parts
GTR VSPEC Spotted in Germany

The new Nissan GT-R is already a modern day classic, a statement proven by the fact that Nissan UK received 700 orders in just 48 hours when they opened their order books. Nissan UK is trying to convince Nissan HQ to allocate more units to the British Isles, but since Nissan can only (hand) build 1,000 engines per month it seems unlikely that the request will be granted.
In the meantime, Nissan has quietly shipped a light-weight and heavy hitting GT-R V-Spec to the Nurburgring for testing. Where the regular GT-R boasts 480 hp, this turbocharged V-Spec should see at least 550 hp and is capable of a 7:25 Nurburgring laptime, 18 seconds faster than the GT-R.
The Nissan GT-R V-Spec prototype features a revised front splitter, additional air intake slits (presumably for extra brake cooling), new six-spoke wheels and what seems to be a new braking system. Upon closer inspection of the brakes, our spy photographer thinks that a carbon-ceramic brake set-up seems most likely.
We expect that the Nissan GT-R V-Spec will be shedding 150kg in comparison to the GT-R, not exactly in the featherweight class, through the use of various carbon fibre body panels and weight saving technologies. For one, the rear wing is taped up on this prototype leading us to believe that this is one of the carbon-fibre components.

This car may be fast as hell and set records at the track for a production car, but every time I see a new picture it just turns me off further...got to see this thing up close.

Last edited by 500; 04-09-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:23 PM
unclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really nice
Thumbs up Own a Classic Icon Or Own A Rice Burner ?

Own a Classic Icon Or Own A Rice Burner ?

That is the question.

BTW:

Big kudos to airflight1 for those pics !

Old 04-09-2008, 11:53 PM
SportLux is on a distinguished road
I agree the Porsche is and always will be a classic. There is no question about that. However, to say the skyline isn't...or is a "rice burner"...isn't entirely true. the Skyline GTR has always been a great performer in various aspects of racing.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:53 AM
MLT
MLT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SportLux
I agree the Porsche is and always will be a classic. There is no question about that. However, to say the skyline isn't...or is a "rice burner"...isn't entirely true. the Skyline GTR has always been a great performer in various aspects of racing.
Skyline isn't a classic car and it doesn't have history?.. Look here and think again:
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=19541

Old 04-10-2008, 08:58 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
It's sad to see how you guys have no appreciation for a well made automobile. I don't know if its ignorance, jealousy, or what.... but the GT-R is going to be a benchmark in the car industry whether you like it or not. Yea some say its big and ugly, maybe..., some say Porsches style is ugly, its all a matter of taste. You guys need to broaden your horizons and realize that this NISSAN will beat 95% of modern day sports cars in just about every aspect of performance and pricing in OEM form. PERIOD~! How can you not appreciate that? because its from Japan? because its a "Datsun"? WHO CARES? This thing is going to be sick! DONE!! you guys are going to get lit up by a Datsun!! and trust me he's not going to care pulling it in the garage that your car is prettier or has a racing heritage from years past, if thats whats going to put you to bed after you loose all day at the track so be it.

Last edited by LiNks; 04-10-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:12 AM
RiceEater is on a distinguished road
Well that's the difference between the Nissan GTR driver and the Porsche driver, when they park their cars in the garage.

Nissan GTR drivers don't care it's an ugly POS, lacking a racing history (I don't remember seeing it winning any Lemans races). It's one hell of a car on Gran Turismo and during the drifting competitions and hot import nights. Ummm... yeah, no thanks. I'm not spending any amount of money on a car that has such a history.

Go look up Porsche's racing stats: 28,000 racing victories with major wins with the 911. And don't even try to say: it's what the car does today. The 997 RSR and Cup cars have been racing from day one of their development. As kids, we've known about this rich history and have wanted a 911. Not many GTR owners can say the same.

Lastly, it's a matter of preference, not ignorance, that we choose not to like the GTR. I'll make a bet with you. Try posting your lame post below in Lambotalk.com, Ferrarichat.com, etc. See how they react. It won't be pretty.

Originally Posted by LiNks
It's sad to see how you guys have no appreciation for a well made automobile. I don't know if its ignorance, jealousy, or what.... but the GT-R is going to be a benchmark in the car industry whether you like it or not. Yea some say its big and ugly, maybe..., some say Porsches style is ugly, its all a matter of taste. You guys need to broaden your horizons and realize that this NISSAN will beat 95% of modern day sports cars in just about every aspect of performance and pricing in OEM form. PERIOD~! How can you not appreciate that? because its from Japan? because its a "Datsun"? WHO CARES? This thing is going to be sick! DONE!! you guys are going to get lit up by a Datsun!! and trust me he's not going to care pulling it in the garage that your car is prettier or has a racing heritage from years past, if thats whats going to put you to bed after you loose all day at the track so be it.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:18 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Yeah... Lamborghini has a really stellar record at LeMans...

Old 04-10-2008, 09:28 AM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Originally Posted by lig
Yeah... Lamborghini has a really stellar record at LeMans...

TOO bad you can't afford one. Lamborghini builds cars for the street not the track. Who cares about Rice Burner's!! The speed limit is at the most 75. Who gives a s&it about lap times. It's about the Look and style. Most kids dream of Porsche, Ferrari and, Lamborghini. NOT A Rice Burner. IMO the GT-R looks like S$IT!!!!!!!

Old 04-10-2008, 10:06 AM
MrBonus will become famous soon enough
There is a very good possibility I will be selling my 997S and waiting for a 6-speed GTR.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Tupe is on a distinguished road
Video

TOO bad you can't afford one. Lamborghini builds cars for the street not the track. Who cares about Rice Burner's!! The speed limit is at the most 75. Who gives a s&it about lap times. It's about the Look and style. Most kids dream of Porsche, Ferrari and, Lamborghini. NOT A Rice Burner. IMO the GT-R looks like S$IT!!!!!!!
Judging by the eloquence of your previous posts, it seems to beg the question… are you one of said ‘kids’?
Grow up.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:52 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !

Excuse me? Is this a serious post?

1. My ability to afford a Lambo is my business - but I can say that if I really actually wanted one badly enough I would own one.

2. If you really believe in what you just posted then you've just exposed yourself as a poser. Lap times do count so some of us who like to autocross or go to the track once in a while.

3. As a kid - I always wanted to have a 911. Now I have one and it is truly the realization of a dream but that doesn't mean I don't have an appreciation for other cars.

Looks are subjective - IMO Lambos are too flashy - I prefer the looks of a 911.

Is the GT-R a beautiful car? Not in my opinion - but it does have a presence to it.

You should stop embarrassing yourself now while you have the chance or at the very least get back on your meds.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:27 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
So basically you are saying you bought your car for looks and you have no idea what your car is capable of? Obviously if you look above everyone is so concerned with LeMans ect so who gives a crap about that too if your not concerned with lap times.

You just stated you barely even push your Porsche, you have the car for a status symbol and dont even know what your driving! Then to **** on the GT-R which is a performance machine and built for that purpose! Thats kind of sad chief. When ever you want to see what a Porsche can do let me know and i'll give you a ride in your own vehicle, you might respect it a lot more after that!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Nissan GT-R .. New World Order ?????