997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Newbie saying hello...Champion Motorsport springs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 01:20 AM
Basalt997 is a jewel in the roughBasalt997 is a jewel in the roughBasalt997 is a jewel in the rough
Newbie saying hello...Champion Motorsport springs?

Hey guys, just want to introduce myself. I just recently (about 2 weeks ago) picked up my first Porsche. A brand new Basalt black CS. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to porsche, so im here to learn. Anyways I was in the BMW scene for a loooong time(and still am). I just got rid of my E46 Hamann 325 which i was running 350bhp for my new CS...and what a choice!...night/day difference.

Here is a list of the options i got.

-Met paint
-Sport Chronos
-Red tails
-Illuminated sills
-Floormats
-Bose sound system
-Heated seats(not sure if this is standard)
-crest in headrest
-crest in armrest
-classic wheels
-Leather sport seats

Now, i want to start modding asap, and im looking for some Champion Motorsport H&R springs...where can i get them that you guys recommend? Thanks.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:07 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Check the classifieds. Someone was selling a set of H&Rs in the past week or so.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:26 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Springs are nice but CO's are awesome. I had Techart Springs, and now I have Bilstein Damprtonics, same cost to install as springs but much stiffer ride, and better handling car. If you track your CS do the CO's.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:45 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Congrats and welcome!

Any pics?

Old 05-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Basalt997 is a jewel in the roughBasalt997 is a jewel in the roughBasalt997 is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the replies. I actually had the full H&R coilovers on my bmw, but want to go (maybe for now) the spring route because i just feel bad throwing out my PASM right now. Also i don't track the car, nor do i want to slam the thing to the floor.

Ill post pics of the car soon...just haven't taken any yet.

Old 05-11-2008, 01:41 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Basalt997
Thanks for the replies. I actually had the full H&R coilovers on my bmw, but want to go (maybe for now) the spring route because i just feel bad throwing out my PASM right now. Also i don't track the car, nor do i want to slam the thing to the floor.

Ill post pics of the car soon...just haven't taken any yet.
the Bilstein Dampteonics are PASM compatable, works the same way as the stock.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
the Bilstein Dampteonics are PASM compatable, works the same way as the stock.
Really? wow, didnt know that. Guess i will look into these afterall. Are these exclusive to porsche only with PASM or just uses the same system for any car with this kind of system in it?

Any places to order them from that you may recommend? In the meantime, ill start to do some research on them. Thanks.

Old 05-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Really? wow, didnt know that. Guess i will look into these afterall. Are these exclusive to porsche only with PASM or just uses the same system for any car with this kind of system in it?

Any places to order them from that you may recommend? In the meantime, ill start to do some research on them. Thanks.
In Canada you should talk to Warren @ Essex Distributors, he is essentially Bilstein Canada, 604.944.0494. Take the suspension to a reputable shop (Phaff?) and have them corner balance the car as well. Nice thing about the Bilstein CO's is there is a lifetime warranty on them as long as you own the car. If you use springs and a stock shock goes Porsche will likely tell you to blow it out you tail pipe.

If you talk to Warren tell him Ed told you to call.

Old 05-11-2008, 03:09 PM
In Canada you should talk to Warren @ Essex Distributors, he is essentially Bilstein Canada, 604.944.0494. Take the suspension to a reputable shop (Phaff?) and have them corner balance the car as well. Nice thing about the Bilstein CO's is there is a lifetime warranty on them as long as you own the car. If you use springs and a stock shock goes Porsche will likely tell you to blow it out you tail pipe.

If you talk to Warren tell him Ed told you to call.
Thanks a lot Warren for all your help. I will look more into these.

Old 05-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks a lot Warren for all your help. I will look more into these.
I'm Ed, you need to talk to Warren.

BTW welcome to 6speed.

Old 05-11-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm Ed, you need to talk to Warren.

BTW welcome to 6speed.
Woops, sorry Ed. Misread. Thanks again.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats!!!
Welcome to 6 speed!

Old 05-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the welcome 996wings.

I just found out the price on these bilstein co's and I think im back to springs for now, lol.