997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Delivery Dates! Are they reliable?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 08:39 PM
911Rocks is infamous around these parts
Delivery Dates! Are they reliable?

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know from new car buyers how accurate was their delivery date.

I bought my C4S Feb 1 08, at the time of purchase they told me end of May I should get my car.

Last week my delear informed me that the car is expected to arrive in the middle or towards end of June.

I'am disapointed with the wait, the delear told me it's Porsche Manufacture that decides everything according to building and shipping the car over, they have no control over when to expect the car.

Do you guys think the delear is at fault or is it really the boys back in Germany.

I just wanted to know how was your experience with the delivery of your cars, was it favorable? or similar to my experience.

Keep in Touch

See ya

Old 05-24-2008, 09:03 PM
'08C4S has a spectacular aura about'08C4S has a spectacular aura about'08C4S has a spectacular aura about
Didn't Porsche have a fire at the factory that put them behind schedule for a week or two, maybe a little longer?

Old 05-24-2008, 10:05 PM
EJC997S is infamous around these parts
I ordered my C2S Cab in Jan and it supposedly arrived in Baltimore yesterday and I may not see it for a couple more weeks...I would tend to agree with the thought that when the order is placed, the dealer doesn't have much control over when it will appear at the dealership.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:39 PM
leneuromancer has a spectacular aura aboutleneuromancer has a spectacular aura about
can't imagine the dealer is at fault

Old 05-24-2008, 11:19 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
I don't think the dealer has anything to do with this...

Old 05-24-2008, 11:29 PM
neijia is infamous around these parts
Could be a ton of different issues, if you know the name of your boat, you can check the schedule here... http://www.bumperplugs.com/BPindex.html , then click on "links" top right, then shipping schedule. Mine was about three weeks late, not the dealers fault... nobody's fault really; just happens ~ it's only a schedule

Old 05-25-2008, 08:11 AM
ahklein is infamous around these parts
My last car actually arrived early. The process is quite methodical. The dealer can track production from when the vehicle order is received in Germany, to when it is assigned a production number, then given a production date, then estimated completion, then on ship, then arrived in port.

This past year, Porsche AG limited production of 997s for North America and is sending them to China and Russia to fill demand there. They anticipate to step up US availability for the 2009 face-lift.

The real question is, did your dealer have an allotment for your car, or did they take your order (and money!) and waited for a production slot? Or, did PCNA lose your slot due to the above re-shuffling?

At any rate, you can call your dealer and they can tell you where in production your car is. If it completed production, the estimate for delivery is pretty accurate.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:07 AM
Snipps is infamous around these parts
When my dad was shopping in late march/early April he was told he could have the car by the end of june if he wanted to order. THat was a c4s cab, though. Not sure why its taking so long

Old 05-25-2008, 09:22 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
PCNA accepted my order on 2/18 and it's on the boat now, should be here about mid-june

Old 05-26-2008, 07:18 PM
EotyLMB is infamous around these parts
Dates are very reliable -- if they are true order dates. When you place a P car order, you should insist that you be given a dealer build slot number. The dealer will add your name to it (on Porsche's system) and give you a copy. This is your real order. Dealers always seem to have a slot for a build. The bigger the dealer the more slots usually available. Smaller dealers may have no slots for the current build year (whatever that year might be).

Some dealers will take your deposit, give you no specific order number, keep giving the order numbers to others for various reasons, and give you a real number after you have hit them up several times. You get your car but later than "projected."

I recently received two cars (997 C2 and Cayenne) from two dealers. The C2 was completed on the exact day Porsche said up front that it would be completed. The Cayenne was about three days late on completion.

The cars may get on the boat quickly or wait a few days. Once the boat leaves it seems to take about two weeks at sea to reach the East coast of US. Then a few days to get unloaded, checked out, and loaded on the car carrier.

My C2 was finished 4/21 and it was delivered to my dealer on 5/17.

Hope this explains the timeline a bit.

EotyLMB