997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Official 2009 997's - The pics!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 01:22 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gravedgr
I want all the new toys, just not the new ugly look. Looks sort of Cayman-ish in the front, and like they couldn't manage a straight line in the back. Definitely not an improvement, and nowhere along the lines of "classic".
Like anyone other than us will be able to tell the difference.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:31 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
It looks good.

Old 06-06-2008, 03:49 AM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
Hi everyone, I am a new member and this is my first post. I have been surfing this site for a very long time and finally decided to chime in. Have placed an order towards the face lifted carrera s and am very excited. Mostly excited about the power bump and the tranny getting a 7 speed without a torque converter in place.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:00 AM
MrBonus is infamous around these parts
I want all the new toys, just not the new ugly look. Looks sort of Cayman-ish in the front, and like they couldn't manage a straight line in the back. Definitely not an improvement, and nowhere along the lines of "classic".
Seriously, the differences aesthetically between our cars and the new cars are so negligible that it's ridiculous to make a statement that one version is ugly and the other not.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:02 AM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
Not bad!

Old 06-06-2008, 07:32 AM
rah79 is infamous around these parts
definatey love the tail lights but I like my front bumper better

Old 06-06-2008, 07:37 AM
Size is infamous around these parts
I agree with MrBonus - nice slight face lift. NO biggie.
-Ian (too)

Old 06-06-2008, 07:41 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
that thing is hot! i agree with whoever said the front now looks more turbo-ish. 30 extra ponies are nice too!

Old 06-06-2008, 08:00 AM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CURI0
Like anyone other than us will be able to tell the difference.
I can tell, and that's all that matters to me.

Originally Posted by MrBonus
Seriously, the differences aesthetically between our cars and the new cars are so negligible that it's ridiculous to make a statement that one version is ugly and the other not.
That's the dumbest statement I've heard so far. All it takes is a very minor change to go from classic to questionable. What is ridiculous is to think that because you don't dislike the changes or notice them very much, that no one else would either.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:06 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
I think the new look is a bit soft. The wing mirrors look fatter than the '08's. I do agree its a nice subtle change that wont age the previous models at all. LED lights are a nice addition but I think they did a poor job integrating them. At night Im sure they look awesome though. Nice bump in power, dig the steering wheel too.

No paddle shifters! Correct me if Im wrong, but that is a let down for me.

Overall, not feeling it. But as with any 'change' it grows on you I'm sure*.

*except for first year 996 headlamps, those just plain sucked.

Last edited by gmoney; 06-06-2008 at 08:09 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:15 AM
That's the dumbest statement I've heard so far. All it takes is a very minor change to go from classic to questionable. What is ridiculous is to think that because you don't dislike the changes or notice them very much, that no one else would either.
You sound like the typical "whatever model 911 I own is the last true, beautiful 911 and every minor change after that ruins the car completely" owner who is desperately in need of justifying their purchase.

The 911 marches on and a minor front end revision and some LED tail lights don't magically transform the appearance of the car. Hell, I'll bet 9 out of 10 people would have trouble spotting the differences on a quick walk-around save for the different wheels.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:26 AM
CAG64 is infamous around these parts
I'll stick to my present '08. I'm quite sure once you start seeing the new models first hand they'll look great as well. On a personal note the rear of the car does not look as clean as the 08 models. Front bumper area starts to look like a boxster. Again IMHO.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:29 AM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
You sound like the typical "whatever model 911 I own is the last true, beautiful 911 and every minor change after that ruins the car completely" owner who is desperately in need of justifying their purchase.
Right...I made all the statements about "end of an era", "no longer a 911", "my car is the only true Porsche", blah blah blah. No. I said it was ugly. That's it. Stop creating drama.

The 911 marches on and a minor front end revision and some LED tail lights don't magically transform the appearance of the car. Hell, I'll bet 9 out of 10 people would have trouble spotting the differences on a quick walk-around save for the different wheels.
Who is talking about 9/10 people? I thought we were discussing my opinion. 9/10 people have their head up their *** - doesn't change how I feel about the looks of the car. I bet 9/10 people on the street can't tell an Accord from a Camry.

Why are you getting so defensive about whether I think it is ugly or not? Just say you like it and move on.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:52 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Overall, I like the looks of the facelift. More aggressive front, although I don't like the indicator lights similarity to the Boxster's. The front lip could be dragged out more also.

The rear is an improvement. There's an integrated rear diffuser! I was really looking forward to seeing the red reflector stripe on the C4S, but oh well, we'll have to wait a few more months. The LED shape has to grow on me still.

The rumor is that this car is somehow lighter, due to materials and the new PDK transmission. If that is true, we have a winner! Let's wait and see

Old 06-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Right...I made all the statements about "end of an era", "no longer a 911", "my car is the only true Porsche", blah blah blah. No. I said it was ugly. That's it. Stop creating drama.

Who is talking about 9/10 people? I thought we were discussing my opinion. 9/10 people have their head up their *** - doesn't change how I feel about the looks of the car. I bet 9/10 people on the street can't tell an Accord from a Camry.

Why are you getting so defensive about whether I think it is ugly or not? Just say you like it and move on.
Of course I like it. It looks just like our cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official 2009 997's - The pics!