997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GT Silver vs other colors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:15 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gmoney
www.europeanspeed.com

I opted for GT Silver, stunning in person. In a sea of silver Porsches here in SoCal the small premium is worth it to stand out from the crowd just a wee bit.

I think that GT Silver looks amazing, again I had an Arctic Silver and would have bought a GT Silver if I had seen it in person before the i bought the Arctic Silver.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:39 AM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I think that GT Silver looks amazing, again I had an Arctic Silver and would have bought a GT Silver if I had seen it in person before the i bought the Arctic Silver.
GT probably should be considered if that general shade is your preference.....especially since Slate and Seal are no longer on the list.

Anyone have pics of a GT Silver Cab with a Stone Grey top?
TIA

Old 07-08-2008, 08:41 PM
gteehan will become famous soon enough
I have lots of pics of my GT Silver on my flickr account:
http://flickr.com/photos/73075185@N00/

or

here's a rather long video from a track day I attended - quite a bit of footage of it:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cxyYX8rEiVg
if you watch the video be sure to click on the "watch in high quality" link below the player - it looks much better. The car you're looking for is the 997S with the aerokit and black wheels.

hope that helps.

Geoff

Old 07-08-2008, 08:52 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
gteehan: Great photos. Nice effects and backdrops. I wish I could be that creative.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:56 AM
Kirthasa is on a distinguished road
I just received delivery of my '06 C2 in GT Silver and I have to say I'm very happy. While I like Arctic Silver, it's so common that I was looking for something that would be a little different, even if I was the only one who would notice. The slightly darker tone better shows the curves of the car and is best seen in person IMO.

Whether or not it's worth the $3K premium is really your call, but I really like the color myself.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:56 AM
Banned
Al Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to all
Massive paint flop on the car to the right! Wow that sucks

Old 11-16-2015, 02:17 AM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Spent $5K for TB and would do it again in an instant….not 3K though for one silver over the other. Had an 06 in Arctic and was bored with that color in a year and I had it over a LTS Lipstick Red!

Tom