997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

BLAKT OUT - Finally, the project car is finished. Pics and video. Many mods to see.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 07:29 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by docdan
Jared,

Dude!!! That is one bad-*** ride. It looks awesome, and it looks like it performs awesome as well....with Kerrigan and Randall working on your car, you have the some of the very best people in world of Porsche racing backing you. That turbo was probably wondering "what the hell?!?" when he couldn't pull on you on the straights. Ancient chinese secret.

I can't wait to check out your car in person. Looking forward to the CMP track day on August 11th!

Dan
Dan! Thanks man! We're gonna have a great time in a dozen days or so! Woo hoo! I will be emailing you. Some major cool news...

Martin, They put me in Green because they don't have my history for some reason. I can't figure it out, but I'm going to try to find time to reconstruct it. Otherwise, that's going to be quite the experience!

Ed, Don't know about the rules on the db, but the exhaust is fully adjustable for this kind of thing. It's no worries at all, and Synergy is there at VIR. Every month I run there at least for two days, so I just show up a day early for them to go over it.

SurfingBuddhist, Thanks for the props man. Don't know hp/tq yet as it is. Going to the dyno again on Thursday and will post. Should be fun!

Last edited by blakt out; 07-30-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:17 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Glad to hear that sound levels aren't a problem for you.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:55 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Jared- Your car came out beeeeaaayyuutiful man! I can't even imagine the "Enzyte Bob" plastered smile on your face first day behind the wheel. Truly awesome job! Thanks for the parts hookup, will put them to good use on my humble cab

So... hows that Porsche factory warranty working out for you?

Drive and enjoy - stay safe!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:19 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
Jared- Your car came out beeeeaaayyuutiful man! I can't even imagine the "Enzyte Bob" plastered smile on your face first day behind the wheel. Truly awesome job! Thanks for the parts hookup, will put them to good use on my humble cab

So... hows that Porsche factory warranty working out for you?

Drive and enjoy - stay safe!
Thanks a ton, Kurt. I'm responding to your emails now. The "Enzyte Bob" thing is actually probably quite accurate! I had a record breaking tent pitched, we'll just say that!

As far as the warranty, I haven't had to use it! That's HUGE props to the VF guys. Car has 24k on the odo. 22k have been with the supercharger. I drive the ***** off of it all the time, and it's never missed a beat. Back in the shop (dealership) tomorrow to have the freon recharged! That's about all I go there for! Let me know when you get the parts. Take care!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:23 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blakt out
As far as the warranty, I haven't had to use it! That's HUGE props to the VF guys. Car has 24k on the odo. 22k have been with the supercharger. I drive the ***** off of it all the time, and it's never missed a beat. Back in the shop (dealership) tomorrow to have the freon recharged! That's about all I go there for! Let me know when you get the parts. Take care!
- Firm testament to a well-engineered automobile and knowledgeable, experienced mechanics.

Now stop teasing me with your pcar or I'm going to have to go out and buy an S/C!!!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
- Firm testament to a well-engineered automobile and knowledgeable, experienced mechanics.

Now stop teasing me with your pcar or I'm going to have to go out and buy an S/C!!!
Wouldn't be the WORST thing you'll ever do, that's for sure. I'd do it again in a blink. I already sent an email to Kerrigan at Synergy with your question. Rock on, bro.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:30 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Wow -- just made it to this thread . Great video and what an impressive job on the car. Congrats.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:49 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Good job making it your own man. That truly is a unique 997 and an inspiration for all of us Mod ******.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:19 AM
Daytonaviolet will become famous soon enough
great looking and performing car

Old 07-31-2008, 08:22 AM
Thanks much Aaron, and you other two fellers.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:57 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
That Is One Friggin Sweeeeeeeettttt Car

I admire your determination to do the car all in one shot. Mine has been a bit of a long term project, just cant seem to part with my car for such a long period of time. Your commitment has really paid off and you seriously have an awesome ride there. Congrats!!!

Last edited by Harold; 07-31-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:15 AM
Thanks Harold! Still thinking about the flat black. What do you think?

Old 07-31-2008, 09:53 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by blakt out
Thanks Harold! Still thinking about the flat black. What do you think?
Bud, the flat black would really be amazing. Do not think twice about it. Your car will be... in the immortal words of Zoolander.... ridiculously good looking! And the best bit is that you will be protecting the original paint. I recently took all my stickers off myself and it left absolutely no residue. Do it mate, in a worst case its very easily reversed... I am seriously considering the flat black for my car as well now....

Old 07-31-2008, 09:55 AM
Gundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud of
that is pretty sick! is that silver car on the track a turbo? surprised he kept up with your car so well on the front straight in the video.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
Jared

Good luck car looks and sounds amazing..

Small world .. the President of my company raced with Synergy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BLAKT OUT - Finally, the project car is finished. Pics and video. Many mods to see.