997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

price sanity check on this '05 997

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 08:50 PM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
I can't believe I'm seeing this for the first time. Is my old car still an option?

Old 08-30-2008, 08:13 AM
bitterazn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FASTLANE
I can't believe I'm seeing this for the first time. Is my old car still an option?
Man, I will have to say your car was great to drive and the most pristine of the ones I saw. But the guys at Jack Daniels were such stereotypical car salesmen, it was unbearable - pressure sell, empty promises, etc.

Ultimately the big problem was that they couldn't CPO it and they even admitted they didn't know if you complied w/ the original factory warranty due to all the mods (and they didn't know the half of it - they didn't realize you had flashed the ECU or put in new cats).

But they insisted that this $4k aftermarket warranty they were trying to sell me was better than CPO and would cover the car in its current condition. So I was like, please show me where it says it will cover all these aftermarket extras, and they couldn't provide any documents that said anything. They couldn't even answer whether the deductible was per repair or per visit. So at that point I got pretty exasperated w/ the whole thing and just walked out.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:17 AM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
I totally understand but I'm glad you at least drove my car. How does it perform compared to some of the other cars? I have no ties to Jack Daniels so no offense taken obviously. Sounds like you made a god decision.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:10 PM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
I don't believe this has been posted yet, but have you considered a 996tt?

Old 08-30-2008, 05:09 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Bitterzan -- They are right about the aftermarket warranty being better than the CPO . There probably are even cheaper ones too . The place to ask these things are on the 996tt forum though . The guys all have high end P cars out of warranty .
My first thought was go for the S but compared to that C2S you were almost ready to buy --Fastlanes old car is most likely a cherry . He posted in detail how he cared about the car and after reading his posts my guess is that the ECU flash and aftermarket parts are beautifully done .

I still say get the S . Just find the right one.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:32 PM
wfo900 is on a distinguished road
trust me at the end of the day you will want the S

Old 08-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by wfo900
trust me at the end of the day you will want the S
or a 996 turbo

Old 08-30-2008, 08:49 PM
plz
plz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by yrralis1
They are right about the aftermarket warranty being better than the CPO . There probably are even cheaper ones too
Any CPO car sold after Aug 1 2008 has the new CPO warranty which is the same as the 4/50 original warranty -- how is a non-PCNA warranty better than that?

Old 08-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by FASTLANE
I totally understand but I'm glad you at least drove my car. How does it perform compared to some of the other cars? I have no ties to Jack Daniels so no offense taken obviously. Sounds like you made a god decision.
I'm not a connoisseur yet, but it definitely felt on par w/ the S's I drove. Maybe it was psychological, but the suspension actually felt a little firmer than the S's, even w/ PASM on. I would say I liked the bigger brakes on the S though.

It was in by far the best cosmetic condition of all of them. I had difficulty finding the scratches/chips you told me about, and definitely wouldn't have noticed them if you hadn't told me where to find them.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by bitterazn
I'm not a connoisseur yet, but it definitely felt on par w/ the S's I drove. Maybe it was psychological, but the suspension actually felt a little firmer than the S's, even w/ PASM on. I would say I liked the bigger brakes on the S though.

It was in by far the best cosmetic condition of all of them. I had difficulty finding the scratches/chips you told me about, and definitely wouldn't have noticed them if you hadn't told me where to find them.
Thanks man I miss that car. Good luck in your search I'm sure you'll be very happy with whichever car you go with. It seems like you are really doing you're homework. I wish you all the best!

Old 08-30-2008, 11:18 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by plz
Any CPO car sold after Aug 1 2008 has the new CPO warranty which is the same as the 4/50 original warranty -- how is a non-PCNA warranty better than that?

I did not know this --if what you say is correct . In the past it was not the same . Years ago I did go through the differences and at that time I chose an aftermarket for my 993 Turbo . Since I did not know the current specifics I did say that he ought to ask on the 996tt forum because I the posters there would be more informed on the current coverage with high end Porsche cars out of warranty.

Edit -- http://luxvelocity.typepad.com/luxve...e-enhance.html

Apparently its another 2 years added which is attractive but a CPO car is usually more expensive too . Whether aftermarket competes or not will only play out in time and I suppose we all will get a chance to read aboit it on 6speed .

Last edited by yrralis1; 08-30-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Bitterzam --I read this on the 997tt forum
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...important.html

The inventory shows a nice looking Gt silver 06 997S .

Old 08-31-2008, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Bitterzam --I read this on the 997tt forum
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...important.html

The inventory shows a nice looking Gt silver 06 997S .
Yeah that is beautiful, although it unfortunately says a sale is pending. I'll contact Parin though and see what happens!

Old 08-31-2008, 10:20 AM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
05 997

Get an "S" and try for MY06, if possible.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:10 PM
TigerStadt is on a distinguished road
I bought my '05 S a year ago and definitely the S is the way to go IMO for the reasons stated by everyone above. Find something you like and go for it. Times a wasting. Enjoy it. Don't beat yourself up over ~$2k on a ~$60k purchase. Original options on these cars can vary widely. Anywhere from ~$3k - ~$15k MSRP. Buy it and drive it like you stole it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: price sanity check on this '05 997