997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How do i put my 997 on blocks?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 06:49 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
How do i put my 997 on blocks?

I will be painting my wheels today and I want to take all 4 wheels off at once and work on the together.

I have a floor jack and 2 jack blocks....

I read in the manual that there are 4 jack points, but how do you jack the car up and place it on blocks?

Is this bad for the car?

Thanks

Old 09-15-2008, 09:20 PM
aintpatricksday is on a distinguished road
The trick is to jack up the car from the rear jack point until the front wheel comes off the ground. It will do this because of the weight distribution and the stiffness of the chassis. Repeat for the other side. There is a point I believe where the trans and crankcase meet (I know it when I see it but I'm not technically sure what the description of this point is) that is solid enough to jack the back of the car up but I don't think I'd leave it sit there without putting stands under the 2 rear jack points - it is a little precarious. Opinions vary whether this is good for the car or not. I've never had any problems with it.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:11 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Old 09-28-2008, 08:12 AM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SkylineST
Put a nice set of flashy wheels on and leave it in the Bronx...lol