997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

2012 federal black box law

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 05:25 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
OP,

good info...thanks

Old 09-26-2008, 05:32 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
our useless govt continues to mandate things that don't make sense and just add weight.

why not mandate higher gas mileage? oh must be the lobbist slamming down on the politicians...

Old 09-26-2008, 05:38 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by djantlive
our useless govt continues to mandate things that don't make sense and just add weight.

why not mandate higher gas mileage? oh must be the lobbist slamming down on the politicians...

Mandate important things.........Like buy outs. If this was mandated from the get go, we wouldnt(meaning tax payers) be bailing out big business. Dont get me wrong, I am not against the decision, I just wish it never got this far.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:04 PM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Well one thing for sure is...I will buy a TT the year before this **** is put on a PCAR. We are becoing more and more like Russia every day and vice versa.

When I turned in my BMW, the service MGR said "you are a very "spirited" driver They bascially have a watered down version already in place. I went 2k miles over a oil changed and they called me through my freakin car...switched to a pcar became a little more attractive.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:41 PM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 911nojoke
by then it will be too late...

Ditto that.

"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
Gotta say though....I do see a bright spot and find encouragement ... reading here comments that suggest people today, are still very capable of recognizing something ThomasJ observed 200 yrs ago.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 911nojoke
by then it will be too late...

By that logic, as you think the time to act is now from your observations, it is already too late.

Your logic indicates I'm incapable of recognizing when the right time for action is for the level of intrusion that I will tolerate. The same reasoning applies to you as well, so your screwed since you did not pick up on this back in the 80's and 90's when Onstar, OBD, and all that fun technology was developed and deployed.

Better go back in time and kill the inventors before they can deploy skynet.

Oh, and don't forget the tinfoil hats.

I'm a distrustful of government as a lot of people, but not so paranoid as some here clearly are. Oh, well. Too bad for me.