997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Help me spec a '09 Carrera S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 03:40 PM
prodigue is infamous around these parts
Help me spec a '09 Carrera S

Hey guys,

Been lingering around this forum for a while and there are a myriad of info out there I'm looking to get my first Porsche and the '09 Carrera S 6MT is one of the key candidates.

Choosing the colour is such a pain but I've filtered down to these few:

1) GT Silver - classic, timeless, easy to take care, but dull no?

2) Aqua Blue - saw it in person and it looks pretty nice, but I'm not sure whether is it as good as the outgoing cobalt blue

3) White - I've never been a fan of white but lately, the E92 M3 and GT3 did change my perception. Would it yellow overtime if exposed to the sun?

4) Turqoise - [media]http://members.***.net/auspuff/CarreraS0.jpg[/media] (Is this a custom colour?)

I know colour is individual but some opinions would be much appreciated on which suits the shape of the C2S best.

Next, interior. I've always been a fan of red interior and if I'm not mistaken, there is the terracotta red and carrera red, in which the latter is a more extroverted red. I haven't got a chance to see both of them in person and judging from the pics in the RS60 Spyder, the carrera red seems pretty darn hot, but I'm torn between that and the more subtle terracotta red.

Would it possible to choose deviating stitching on the red interior? Would white stitching suit the red? Anyways, one thing's for sure.. I wouldn't be getting the red interior if I choose Aqua Blue.. resembles of superman haha.

Which are the key options that I should get? E.g., OEM short shifter? I won't be able to afford everything but I'd keep in mind the important ones when I head down to the dealer.

Wanna get it right the first time round, so your advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Old 11-21-2008, 03:55 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Out of your color choices I'd go white white. It is very sporty, looks awesome and is super easy to take care of. My last Carrera was white and I loved it on the Carrera.

Your dealer will have samples of the actual red and terracotta interior. The terracotta looks like the color of a clay pot.

Options are very personal preference. I buy Porsche Carrera S cars because I love the sporty look and drive so I am not into the luxury options. Personally I'd get:

Sport PASM w/LSD
Sport Chrono is a must with PDK
Sport Seats or Sport Bucket Seats if you fit in them

I did not get Navagation or Bose sound on my 2009 and I do not miss it 1 bit. Actually the stock stereo has better/tighter bass and a more clear treble than Bose! Plus less weight in the car.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:47 PM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
I just picked up my '09 S (manual transmission of course!)- Carrera white with natural brown leather. It is absolutely stunning. BTW, if you get a manual, the sport shifter is the cheapest, best option Porsche offers.

Just a word about those intense colors (blues, red leather turquoise) sometimes they look really great but living with them is another story. GT silver is beautiful, but most cannot tell it from arctic silver (and it's big bucks)

Old 11-21-2008, 05:16 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Carrara white/terracota leather sounds like a great combination. Out of all the options i have, i like adaptive sports seats the best. Very comfortable. My carrera s door sill insignias, aluminum look center console and door handles, stainless steel exhaust tips, etc. are unique but not absolutely necessary.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
We bought a GT Silver on Carrera Red 997S back in March and love the color combo. We got deviated carpets because I personally didn't care for the red carpets and thought the black carpeting really helped break up the interior.

I couldn't be happier with the color choice and we are constantly complimented.

I also looked at Terracotta but thought it was too orange for my tastes with the GT Silver exterior. But it looks great with Basalt Black.

Porsche gives you so many choices. I'm very glad with the way we optioned our car but there are a few choices that I recommend to everyone.

Those include sport seats, heated seats and the sports shifter.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:59 PM
prodigue is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alan
I just picked up my '09 S (manual transmission of course!)- Carrera white with natural brown leather. It is absolutely stunning. BTW, if you get a manual, the sport shifter is the cheapest, best option Porsche offers.

Just a word about those intense colors (blues, red leather turquoise) sometimes they look really great but living with them is another story. GT silver is beautiful, but most cannot tell it from arctic silver (and it's big bucks)
Some pics of both exterior and interior would be good thank you!

Old 11-21-2008, 07:01 PM
lockmk is infamous around these parts
'09 Carrera S

I took delivery of my new 997S.2 last month. I had stayed away from a lot of the options catalog, in part because my budget allowed me up to $90k and I wanted the best 'base car' for the money.
For the exterior color I really wanted to avoid the cookie-cutter (in the Bay Area, where there are millions of P cars), so I went for the macadamia metallic. Partly it recalls the cool - in my eyes - browns of the classic 70's 911's and, partly, because my wife fell in love with that color. Her opinion counted in the finance department as well... I have not seen another one like it on the road in the year since the color was released and I love its 'stealth' quality.
Options I picked were fairly functional;
PDC to protect the expensive rear from clumsy reversing on my part,
BOSE sound. I listen to a lot of music and audiobooks when driving,
Sport seats. Great shape and confidence inspiring,
Bluetooth and iPod compatibility. Should be standard,
Black dials and de-badged rear, just my minimalist taste,
6-speed manual, the PDK is a great toy, I tried it. However, I want to play with the car as much as possible rather than be passive,
Thicker steering wheel. It just feels more appropriate,

I would have optioned the PSE if it was available, but it's no huge loss.

Michael.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:46 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
i'd buy one for invoice on the lot, i did

the prg pdk 997 s w tan int and power comfort seats is what i selected and i like it alot. seats are a + surprise as most p seats suck. not willing to pay up for the gt2 seats in this rig

Old 11-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Killa_por is just really niceKilla_por is just really niceKilla_por is just really niceKilla_por is just really niceKilla_por is just really nice
LOCKMK, do you have any pictures of your car? Im very interested in ordering my car brown, but cant see pics of one anywhere!
cheers.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:05 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I like traditional GT silver with black interior. I would get the deviating stitching in red along with the seat belts . The GT in the sun gives the car this look like a spaceship which I really like.

I had to search for this photo . The exterior on this Turbo is white and I like the GT silver with this interior color combination . The red stitching looks amazing on the black . https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ara-white.html

Last edited by yrralis1; 11-21-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:22 PM
MLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of light
The new Cream White is an awesome color.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:10 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigue
Hey guys,

Been lingering around this forum for a while and there are a myriad of info out there I'm looking to get my first Porsche and the '09 Carrera S 6MT is one of the key candidates.

Choosing the colour is such a pain but I've filtered down to these few:

1) GT Silver - classic, timeless, easy to take care, but dull no?

2) Aqua Blue - saw it in person and it looks pretty nice, but I'm not sure whether is it as good as the outgoing cobalt blue

3) White - I've never been a fan of white but lately, the E92 M3 and GT3 did change my perception. Would it yellow overtime if exposed to the sun?

4) Turqoise - http://members.***.net/auspuff/CarreraS0.jpg (Is this a custom colour?)

I know colour is individual but some opinions would be much appreciated on which suits the shape of the C2S best.

Next, interior. I've always been a fan of red interior and if I'm not mistaken, there is the terracotta red and carrera red, in which the latter is a more extroverted red. I haven't got a chance to see both of them in person and judging from the pics in the RS60 Spyder, the carrera red seems pretty darn hot, but I'm torn between that and the more subtle terracotta red.

Would it possible to choose deviating stitching on the red interior? Would white stitching suit the red? Anyways, one thing's for sure.. I wouldn't be getting the red interior if I choose Aqua Blue.. resembles of superman haha.

Which are the key options that I should get? E.g., OEM short shifter? I won't be able to afford everything but I'd keep in mind the important ones when I head down to the dealer.

Wanna get it right the first time round, so your advice is appreciated! Thanks!

If you go silver I suggest Arctic Silver (always a classic no matter how popular) or Meteor. GT Silver is overpriced IMO.

If you want a short shifter go OEM. Make sure you really want it.

I recommend SC, if not for Sport PSM mappings.

I also recommend LSD, Bluetooth and the audio options (iPod).

Old 11-22-2008, 07:13 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I like traditional GT silver with black interior. I would get the deviating stitching in red along with the seat belts . The GT in the sun gives the car this look like a spaceship which I really like.

I had to search for this photo . The exterior on this Turbo is white and I like the GT silver with this interior color combination . The red stitching looks amazing on the black . https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ara-white.html
I agree but in order to do the red deveated stiching you must select full leather. I would have done the red stiching on my 2009 but... Between the stiching option and full leather you have over $5000 in options an Porsche STILL DOES NOT stitch the E-Brake and shifter boot in the red stiching! YUK! WTF are they thinking?

Old 11-22-2008, 08:00 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdrums
...an Porsche STILL DOES NOT stitch the E-Brake and shifter boot in the red stiching! YUK! WTF are they thinking?
I'm sure they will... for an extra fee.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by adias
I'm sure they will... for an extra fee.
I am not sure they will, I sat in the sales managers office on the phone with a guy at PCNA about devated stitching and talk about a confusing mess...I gave up and the pricing was out of this world. I am not too sure Porsche will stitch the E-Brake and the leather boot of the 6speed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help me spec a '09 Carrera S