997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New to Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 06:18 AM
Izzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to behold
New to Porsche

Have a couple of questions
I just bougt a 2007 C4S six speed.

What is a good quality and sound aftermarket exhaust? I have looked at Fabspeed and theris seems nice. If I do an exhaust is it reccomended to do headers and cats? Can I do each item at a time (budget constraints)?

As far as an air intake, I was not crazy about what Fabspeed had to offer. What are my other options?

I want a short shifter installed. Is the B&M shifter better than the factory short shifter? Is it something that is easy to install from home?

The car I bought does not have the 5mm spacers. Is there much difference with these installed? Can I buy them aftermarket?

Thanks for your advice and I look forward to being part of the forum

Old 12-02-2008, 07:36 AM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Have a couple of questions
I just bougt a 2007 C4S six speed.

What is a good quality and sound aftermarket exhaust? I have looked at Fabspeed and theris seems nice. If I do an exhaust is it reccomended to do headers and cats? Can I do each item at a time (budget constraints)?

AWE is also very good, I have not heard a bad thing about them. Yes you can do one piece at a time.

As far as an air intake, I was not crazy about what Fabspeed had to offer. What are my other options?

Air intakes apparently do not increase HP on these engines. They just improve sound and breathing. If I were you I would get the X51 from Suncoast or the EVOMS intake.

I want a short shifter installed. Is the B&M shifter better than the factory short shifter? Is it something that is easy to install from home?

If you have gotten your hands dirty before then a short shifter should not be an issue to do at home with the correct tools. If I were you, I would just get the OEM SSK and have the dealer install it for you.

The car I bought does not have the 5mm spacers. Is there much difference with these installed? Can I buy them aftermarket?

Most people put on 10-18mm spacers in the back and 5-7mm in the front. Difference is really just in the looks. Yes you can buy them aftermarket or OEM.

Thanks for your advice and I look forward to being part of the forum

Old 12-02-2008, 07:37 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
If you want power from the aftermarket exhaust, Hi Flow cats will help you the most, You could try AWE, they seem to make good stuff. Talk to Mike

Air Intake, Evo and X51 seem to be some of the nicest ones, you can get the Evo from AWE and the X51 you can get from Steve @ Suncoast Porsche

I have the factory Short shifter, but have heard good things about the B&M, again talk to Steve at Suncoast Porsche.

I have spacers on my car, I would say that it is a cosmetic change only. I have H&R 7mm in the front 15mm in the rear. You will need longer bolts for the spacers, do not try and use your original bolts. You can talk to damon@tirerack.com for the spacers.

Good Luck with the mods, it is a bad illness if you catch it. A few of us are terminal!

Ed

Old 12-02-2008, 07:53 AM
Izzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to behold
Thanks guys....I am sure I have made the right decision after reading this forum. I was inbetween a new GTR and a used 4S. As you see I went with the Porsche.

I did get to spend a day with a GTR though.....holy s$%t. That car is pretty awesome in its own ways.

I used to have the same ilness on my 94 Supra TT six speed. I sold it for health reasons (meaning I was going to kill myself driving a 700 HP car).

I am real excited about Porsche! I look forward to joinging PCA and doning some track events.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:57 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Izzone
Thanks guys....I am sure I have made the right decision after reading this forum. I was inbetween a new GTR and a used 4S. As you see I went with the Porsche.

I did get to spend a day with a GTR though.....holy s$%t. That car is pretty awesome in its own ways.

I used to have the same ilness on my 94 Supra TT six speed. I sold it for health reasons (meaning I was going to kill myself driving a 700 HP car).

I am real excited about Porsche! I look forward to joinging PCA and doning some track events.
The GTR is an awesome car, but for me I love the way that the Porsche handles, sounds, and the fact that a 911 is a very special car.

I think the PCA is a great group, I joined when I bought my car, and I try to attend as many events as I can. I track my car a lot, I find that it is the most fun I can have with my car.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:14 AM
MelsM3 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Welcome and Good Luck with your 911!