997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Techart rear spoiler?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 02:01 PM
babymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to behold
Thanks everyone for the above responses, but my question is still not answered, maybe I'm not getting it, but here goes, I'm interested in the above techart wing

and would like to see this application on a C4Scab. weather a type 1,2,3 or 4, the one pictured with the integrated air intakes.. A picture please....Thanks

Old 12-25-2008, 02:05 PM
babymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Dave(MA 02 C4S)
I like the TechArt type IV

This does look nice, but not the one I was looking at in the other picture. If the other one does not apply this is a nice alternative. Thanks.

Last edited by babymd; 12-25-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Paul540/m3 is infamous around these partsPaul540/m3 is infamous around these partsPaul540/m3 is infamous around these partsPaul540/m3 is infamous around these partsPaul540/m3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by babymd
Thanks everyone for the above responses, but my question is still not answered, maybe I'm not getting it, but here goes, I'm interested in the above techart wing

and would like to see this application on a C4Scab. weather a type 1,2,3 or 4, the one pictured with the integrated air intakes.. A picture please....Thanks
Does not exist as far as I have been told. The wing gets in the way of the top opening and closing and therefore can not be fitted to a cab.

Very few wings can be fitted to a cab, the techart Type 3 is one that can be fitted to a cab(the one that hjacobs2000 posted). The type 2 cannot.

Hope this helps to clarify things as I know it can get a bit confusing.

Last edited by Paul540/m3; 12-25-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-25-2008, 05:54 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Old Style TA Type II FTW

Old 12-25-2008, 07:07 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Old Style TA Type II FTW

Now that's a nice wing! 993 TT style! Too bad TA does not make one for 997

Old 12-25-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Paul540/m3
Does not exist as far as I have been told. The wing gets in the way of the top opening and closing and therefore can not be fitted to a cab.

Very few wings can be fitted to a cab, the techart Type 3 is one that can be fitted to a cab(the one that hjacobs2000 posted). The type 2 cannot.

Hope this helps to clarify things as I know it can get a bit confusing.
A bit confusing, but getting closer. Thanks.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
babymd,

The pics you have posted is called a rear wing 2. It unfortunately does not fit the cab, nor do they make a version that does.

The Type 1 (small lip spoiler) and type 3 (like hjacobs) are the only ones that fit the cab at the moment.

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 12-26-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by hjacobs2000
This is the type III
if you don't mind me asking what kind of deal did you get for the type 3 with paint and install?

Old 12-26-2008, 08:06 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by peter@wheelexperts
babymd,

The pics you have posted is called a rear wing 2. It unfortunately does not fit the cab, nor do they make a version that does.

The Type 1 (small lip spoiler) and type 3 (like hjacobs) are the only ones that fit the cab at the moment.
So do they not make a Type 2 for the 997's? IMO, it's a great looking throwback wing!

Old 12-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by deputydog95
So do they not make a Type 2 for the 997's? IMO, it's a great looking throwback wing!
They make it for the regular 997s, but not for the cabs or turbos....

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

Old 12-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by babymd
if you don't mind me asking what kind of deal did you get for the type 3 with paint and install?
If you need a price on the Type 3, just let us know. Thanks!