997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Buzzing from chronograph?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 01:48 PM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice
Wow, Stacy. How many rep points can I give you for that
That's just awesome. I will give this a try the next time it acts up.

I'm not opposed to spending $20 for the MACarbon 4 pc trim puller set, but if anyone can suggest a more easily obtainable tool equivalent to the rightmost tool pictured here (http://www.macarbon.com/components/c...978bc8c3ac.jpg), I'd be interested.

I might go with the MAcarbon tool just to be safe. Marring up the dash would be a really expensive screw up.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:02 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CMOS
Wow, Stacy. How many rep points can I give you for that
That's just awesome. I will give this a try the next time it acts up.

I'm not opposed to spending $20 for the MACarbon 4 pc trim puller set, but if anyone can suggest a more easily obtainable tool equivalent to the rightmost tool pictured here (http://www.macarbon.com/components/c...978bc8c3ac.jpg), I'd be interested.

I might go with the MAcarbon tool just to be safe. Marring up the dash would be a really expensive screw up.
You are very welcome...my pleasure!
I have been thinking of that video since my first post but couldn't find it,LOL,until now!
For my dash work I have a plastic pry tool.I pry lightly on each side of the piece that needs to come off.Just don't try to pop it off in one try.Slow and steady!

Stacy

Old 01-22-2009, 06:40 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by justatoy
OK Guys I can almost bet my car on this...IF it is the Chrono making this noise...then it is those spring clips that hold it in!
Somebody pull it off and then go for a drive and see if the noise goes away!
I was looking at this video to see how it was installed and YES it is those spring clips.
The vidoe I found takes longer to watch then actually do it,LOL!
Here is the video on you tube to pulling it off....

[media]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6503094411475071437[/media]

And you won't need their tools to do this job but just be carful!

Stacy
Dude, you cannot put a price on a pearl of wisdom like this!

Jason

Old 01-22-2009, 08:24 PM
wwjd is infamous around these parts
I've this issue in my every p-car, I found that kind of noise comes from BOSE speakers.
But I'm not sure if we talk about the same thing.

Last edited by wwjd; 01-22-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:16 PM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice
Well, I used my office "Datawatch" card (like a thick credit card) to pry up the chrono housing.
Once I have a chance, I'll unplug it and take out the "eye" and see if anything looks problematic. In any event, if the noise returns when the housing is off it should be extremely easy to determine if it is indeed coming from the chrono or not.