997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

EVOMSit Software: Tuning the SharkWerks 2009 997S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 03:01 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dan@SharkWerks
Who was tuning the car? Was it Todd @ Evo, or was it NEO (aka, The One)?
"You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed, and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you just how deep the rabbit hole goes."

I take a red pill please!

Old 04-08-2009, 09:54 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zippy
"you take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed, and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland, and i show you just how deep the rabbit hole goes."

i take a red pill please!
rofl! G33k!

Old 04-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Majac4122 is on a distinguished road
Do these mods, exhaust intake headers software, void the manufacturer's warranty? If I only had the software mod would the dealership know during a routine oil change?

Old 04-08-2009, 11:52 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Majac4122
Do these mods, exhaust intake headers software, void the manufacturer's warranty? If I only had the software mod would the dealership know during a routine oil change?
Hi Majac4122, technically any ECU flashing can void the warranty and there are always ways that Porsche can find modified software. Having said that if you go in for routine service there's no reason for them to know or go looking for it. Our exhaust set up is after the headers/cats and is considered just a "muffler" (smog legal etc...) so there's no reason that should void any warranty. In fact, Porsche dealerships have been purchasing our system both in the US and abroad (same as the software).

Old 04-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Majac4122 is on a distinguished road
would they give me grief about intakes and headers?

Old 04-08-2009, 01:20 PM
It depends on the dealer. Both those parts are bolt on so it's not as if you couldn't go back to stock easily if need be?

Old 04-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Your dealer might be interested in installing the hardware. Mine did.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:52 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Hey Mdrums, I have to say my car doesn't have any issue with soot. Some of the maps are leaned out you are correct
This is what I figured...the car as stock runs way rich. Wonder why Porsche tuned it like this? Probably for engine safety for various fuel quality?

I'd do the ECU flash in a heartbeat but when my car was in the dealer for my soot and oil burn issue PCNA on the phone and then the Porsche Zone rep in person along with the dealer service manager both asked if I had modifed the car further than the by pass pipes. I told them no and they said we will still check. The zone rep told me Porsche is now much more strict on any ECU mods and they will void the cars warranty effective immediantly. He said if I modified the headers or cats the entire engine warranty is void. He said that muffler mods are fine.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Zippy
Your dealer might be interested in installing the hardware. Mine did.
I think in these ecomonic times you're right.. the dealerships are doing all sorts of "crazy" stuff these days

Old 12-03-2013, 02:47 PM
beveridgio is on a distinguished road
Great work Sharkwerks, Alex gave me good advice for my 911 C4S 997.2, have fitted their rear bypass, AWE air filters, then got my Evomsit ECU recalibrated by Regal Autosports Southhampton , UK. What a car now , it must be 412 HP but number doesn't matter , it feels amazing to drive …. keep smiling

Old 12-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by beveridgio
Great work Sharkwerks, Alex gave me good advice for my 911 C4S 997.2, have fitted their rear bypass, AWE air filters, then got my Evomsit ECU recalibrated by Regal Autosports Southhampton , UK. What a car now , it must be 412 HP but number doesn't matter , it feels amazing to drive …. keep smiling
Aw that's great to hear From one Brit to another:P