997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

is AASCO a good flywheel? whats the best LWFW out there?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 11:47 AM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
is AASCO a good flywheel? whats the best LWFW out there?

Im in the market for a LWFW since my tranny is going to be out to do the LSD that I just ordered. I was told to go with AASCO and they are decently priced.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Aasco is the ONLY flywheel. We have been an Aasco dealer for close to 10 years. The Aase brothers are the best in the biz.

We sell them for VW, Audi, and Porsche.

Another thing. Many companies that sell flywheels that are marketing them as their own, are most likely made by Aasco.

Let me know what you need.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Kerrigan Smith has a spectacular aura aboutKerrigan Smith has a spectacular aura aboutKerrigan Smith has a spectacular aura about
I will second that. That is the only LWFW assembly that we used in Koni racing and it is standard for all of our Synergy Competition cars which means we have at least put 14 of them on. Besides the are great people to work with and deserve all of our support.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:20 PM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
Aasco is the ONLY flywheel. We have been an Aasco dealer for close to 10 years. The Aase brothers are the best in the biz.

We sell them for VW, Audi, and Porsche.

Another thing. Many companies that sell flywheels that are marketing them as their own, are most likely made by Aasco.

Let me know what you need.

Mike can you PM me a price on a LWFW for an 08 997 and how much is the weight savings? That CF strut bar I purchased from you looks great!

thanks

Old 02-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I ordered mine from Mike at A.W.W., which is as he noted an Aasco, and it's great.
CATTMAN

Old 02-27-2009, 01:07 PM
i didnt know that you have to take the tranny out to get to the LSD... now that I know you do, I might as well do the LWFW too... possible a tilton clutch while im at it... any opinions on that?

Old 02-27-2009, 01:21 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nugent_crai
Mike can you PM me a price on a LWFW for an 08 997 and how much is the weight savings? That CF strut bar I purchased from you looks great!

thanks
Craig, the LWFW that I have is an Aasco, it weights 13lbs. The OEM flywheel that I took out on my car weighed 31.6lbs.

As you have heard, this will make your car fell totally different. Quicker, sharper response, and smoother down shifts are a few of the pluses to this mod.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:49 PM
nucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura about
Hey guys, question. Is there any warranty issues with Porsche for this mod? You guys are getting me more and more excited about this

Old 02-27-2009, 06:10 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nucjd
Hey guys, question. Is there any warranty issues with Porsche for this mod? You guys are getting me more and more excited about this
Porsche is no different then any other manufacturer, all mods effect the warranty. It is however up to Porsche to prove that the mod caused the failure.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
My Porsche dealer installed it for me, and they are very mod friendly when it comes to mods. Not all are. I'm lucky, and have a great relationship with the service team, who really are tremendous, and have become friends.
CATTMAN

Old 02-27-2009, 06:15 PM
nucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura about
Gotcha. Thanks NorthVan and Cattman

Old 02-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Former Vendor
RSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond repute
Aasco aluminum singlemass flywheel

As a Retailer, Distributor and Manufacturer of Premium Porsche Product lines, I have to agree, Randy and Dennis make the best flywheels in the industry bar none. Last time we were at AASCO Motorsports, Randy put a factory flywheel on a test balancer and it was off by 4 grams. Then he grabbed an AASCO Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel off of the shelf, it was only off by 2/10th of a gram. It was far superior to the OE spec.

That said, as a premier AASCO Motorsports Dealer, we have every AASCO Porsche Flywheel in stock and ready to ship. PM me for details.
Name:  cup_wheel20w_gradient20merged20150w.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  3.7 KB

Old 02-27-2009, 08:01 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
What he said (mike)...

And here's a nifty video showing the different before and after:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=151

Old 04-06-2009, 01:28 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Question on this- why would Porsche opt for the heavier dual mass, was it strictly for driver comfort, or is there a perceived added benefit from the heavier rotational mass?

How is the gear rattle noise afterwards with the lighter single mass, noticeable?

Old 04-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
Question on this- why would Porsche opt for the heavier dual mass, was it strictly for driver comfort, or is there a perceived added benefit from the heavier rotational mass?

How is the gear rattle noise afterwards with the lighter single mass, noticeable?
The reduction of noise and vibration are the two big ones.

I hardly notice any noise or vibration, if your not listening for it, you won't notice it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: is AASCO a good flywheel? whats the best LWFW out there?