997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Seatbelt install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Basalt997 is a jewel in the roughBasalt997 is a jewel in the roughBasalt997 is a jewel in the rough
Seatbelt install

Ok, so i purchased some red belts from Suncoast, and ready to isntall them. Anyone have any good links, or DIY articles on how to remove the panels, and what not?...This is my first Porsche, so im kinda still getting the feel for the way this car is put together. Thanks.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:27 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
I had bought some yellow seat belts on eBay that were listed as front belts about a month ago. I went ahead and started to take the panels apart to install the seat belts. When it came time to install the belts I opened up the box the eBay seat belts came in and noticed that they looked different than the stock ones. I quickly realized that the belts I was sent were for the rear and not for the front. So to answer your question, I could not find any DIY info before I started, but I can guide you through what is necessary to get the belts in.

I plan on getting the correct front belts in the next few days or so. If you can wait I will do a DIY with photos. If not, I can try to do a write up if there is interest.

Matt

Old 04-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Basalt997 is a jewel in the roughBasalt997 is a jewel in the roughBasalt997 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
I had bought some yellow seat belts on eBay that were listed as front belts about a month ago. I went ahead and started to take the panels apart to install the seat belts. When it came time to install the belts I opened up the box the eBay seat belts came in and noticed that they looked different than the stock ones. I quickly realized that the belts I was sent were for the rear and not for the front. So to answer your question, I could not find any DIY info before I started, but I can guide you through what is necessary to get the belts in.

I plan on getting the correct front belts in the next few days or so. If you can wait I will do a DIY with photos. If not, I can try to do a write up if there is interest.

Matt

Hey Matt, Sorry to hear about the mixup with your order. Hope this time, they get it right for you.

A write-up or DIY would be great! Im sure more people would make use of it, as it appears there's no others around the net.

Im going to "try" and attempt it probably within the next few days. Hopefully i dont break any clips or panels on the way. If there's any tips for me, please feel free to let me know

Old 04-24-2009, 09:37 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
This may help...not exactly the same, but close:

http://www.planetporsche.net/reviews...oduct=18&cat=3