997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Seatbelt installation pics (rough visual guide)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 10:50 AM
leneuromancer has a spectacular aura aboutleneuromancer has a spectacular aura about
Great post Basalt997 - going to be attempting this weekend, THANKS! (the stealership wanted near $500)

Any info on ft/lb torque settings for relevant bolts? (and where does one find this info anyway??)

Thanks again

Old 05-13-2009, 11:00 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by leneuromancer
Great post Basalt997 - going to be attempting this weekend, THANKS! (the stealership wanted near $500)

Any info on ft/lb torque settings for relevant bolts? (and where does one find this info anyway??)

Thanks again

Going to be finally getting my belts in this weekend as well. I have a list of torque settings at home. will post them either tonight or tomorrow.

Matt

Old 05-13-2009, 02:28 PM
leneuromancer has a spectacular aura aboutleneuromancer has a spectacular aura about
these may also help:

Attached Images   
Old 05-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Basalt997 is a jewel in the roughBasalt997 is a jewel in the roughBasalt997 is a jewel in the rough
Good luck with the install guys. Feel free to add things that i might have missed or add detail.

As far as torque settings go, i just go by the "feel". If you're pretty comfortable with tightening nuts/bolts on your car, then this won't be hard. Just DO NOT overtighten to the point of braking or stripping the bolts. ///MJFDDS can probably help if he has them.

btw, those diagrams are a big help also.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:21 AM
torque for all the 17mm bolts is 37 ft/lb - the two 10mm bolts (each side) that guide the front belt are 10 ft/lb

actually did mine yesterday - got hold of a workshop manual (seek out PorscheLibrarian on Renntech) and it helped me immensely - it instructs to remove both the B and C pillar trim to ease access to the relevant bits on the rears

all up would guesstimate 4 hrs - the second side taking under 90 minutes (you are an expert now)

again, thanks for the post and the pics - they both inspired me and gave the necessary courage to give it a go

Last edited by leneuromancer; 05-15-2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: grammer - poor, so poor!!! (yes, plenty still remains)
Old 05-15-2009, 10:46 AM
attached are the relevant files from the workshop manual - hope they help someone too

Attached Files
Old 05-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
Really like the red belts in a black interior. Thanks for posting!

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 05-15-2009, 03:30 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Greek
Funny thing, I completely forgot to disconnect the battery, and I didnt get any airbag warning light after I installed my red seatbelts....

Hopefully I just got lucky....
You would only get the warning light if you had turned on your ignition while the plug was undone.

Old 05-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Basalt997 is a jewel in the roughBasalt997 is a jewel in the roughBasalt997 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SuncoastRyan
Really like the red belts in a black interior. Thanks for posting!
Thanks, and thank you for the seatbelts.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:35 PM
KPZL is on a distinguished road
i would like to do the same - but yellow to match my calipers. do I need to go through the dealer for the parts?

Old 01-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by KPZL
i would like to do the same - but yellow to match my calipers. do I need to go through the dealer for the parts?
We have the belts listed on our website here:
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product//CarreraBelts.html

Let me know if we can help you out.

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 01-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Taxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really nice
Additional info from my recent install

After wanting yellow front belts to match my car's exterior for quite awhile, I finally committed and called Ryan at Suncoast to place the order. Using Basalt997's instructions I installed them yesterday in about 2 hours. A couple of notes:

1) I didn't remove my rear seats like Basalt997 suggests, but that may be because I was only changing the front belts.
2) Instead of a Torx screw at the top of the plastic panel, my car had a Phillips head screw.
3) Whether your car has a Torx or Phillips head screw, make sure your screwdriver is magnetized, as the screw is recessed about 2 inches and can easily fall down behind the panel. I lost one during removal and the one from the other side during the installation. Luckily, I anticipated that happening and took some measurements so after I was finished I ran up to the local hardware store and bought some replacements.
4) I would suggest removing the seatbelt height adjuster without removing the cover first, as I spent a lot of time just trying to get the cover back on.
5) I used the blue plastic interior disassembly tools that you can get from Pelican parts for $16 to make sure I didn't damage anything. This is especially important because when your are installing the plastic panels you have to get the top of the panel underneath the rubber molding at the bottom of the rear side windows, so a slip there with a metal tool like a screwdriver could crack your window.

All in all it's a fairly simple job. The most difficult thing is having to get into the back seat area and assume some uncomfortable positions. Tall or large owners may find that even more challenging than I did.

Rep points to Basalt997 for writing the DIY!

Old 01-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Piratesoul is on a distinguished road
Nice write up. Thanks.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:44 PM
I'm happy to see that this write up became useful to some of you.

Thanks for the added detail Taxi! Rep points for you too!

Old 07-11-2013, 08:18 PM
kevblah is on a distinguished road
followed this DIY today to install some speed yellow belts, worked like a charm!

too bad im going to be removing the belts as they dont match my interior very well

if theres enough interest, i might do a more formal write-up on how to install these belts

thanks!