997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

LA-based vendor "Autotalent"... please respond?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 08:49 AM
strife_wy has a spectacular aura aboutstrife_wy has a spectacular aura about
LA-based vendor "Autotalent"... please respond?

On Sunday April 26th, I sent payment via PayPal to Tylor @ AutoTalent for a tcarbon diffusor being sold here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...c4s-500-a.html

Since then, I've sent a few PMs to both Tylor's 6speed account and the "Autotalent" account as well as a phone call to their LA office with no reply. It's been a week and I am starting to get concerned.

Can someone from Autotalent please reply and let me know the status of my order?

Old 05-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
it would be nice if their service after they have your money was as good as it was before they had your money....I'll see if I can wake somebody up..

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-03-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
hmmm, they were just posting in the 997 section yesterday.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...els-997-a.html

Old 05-03-2009, 05:37 PM
allomoto is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by VSE Chuck
it would be nice if their service after they have your money was as good as it was before they had your money....I'll see if I can wake somebody up..
You don't like the vendors of this forum much do you...

Old 05-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
what makes you say that? There wouldn't be a forum without our sponsors/vendors....I go out of my way to help vendors as much as I do anyone...that being said, whenever a member has a dispute or concern I am going to do whatever I can...in this case I am confident that all AutoTalent needs is to be made aware of this thread and the situation with the member and they will clear it up

Old 05-03-2009, 06:01 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by allomoto
You don't like the vendors of this forum much do you...

allomoto,
Chuck is the daddy spanker. This kid needs to be made aware that they are not playing nice.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by VSE Chuck
what makes you say that? There wouldn't be a forum without our sponsors/vendors....I go out of my way to help vendors as much as I do anyone...that being said, whenever a member has a dispute or concern I am going to do whatever I can...in this case I am confident that all AutoTalent needs is to be made aware of this thread and the situation with the member and they will clear it up
Thanks for your help with this VSE Chuck, you've always looked out for fellow forum members... I appreciate you looking into this.

Do you guys think I should get the refund process started on paypal? Or give it a few more days...

Last edited by strife_wy; 05-03-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Administrator
you have plenty of time to do that if it becomes necessary...they have been gone for part of this weekend...give them a chance to see this thread and get my pm.....I'm sure you will hear from them soon...keep me posted...they are a good company and I haven't heard of any other complaints about them

Daddy Spanker?...my mum would be so proud

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-03-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really nice
Just got into the shop. This will get handled today.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:07 PM
Administrator
I have talked to Sam at AutoTalent and he was surprised that Tylor was offering diffusers for sale...he has one that Tylor left at the shop before he went to Pennsylvania that will be shipped to strife_wy if he still wants it...Tylor has been banned and if any other members have sent him any funds please let me know...

Old 05-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Thanks Churck; I received your PM as well, you've been amazing helping me with this.

Sam @ AutoTalent is stepping up to address the issue. Apparently there was a mix-up between himself and Tylor.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Last edited by strife_wy; 05-04-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really nice
Tylor will keep it honest so don't worry about money that has been sent.

The problem was posting the parts sale without approval. We have high standards to the products that we sell so without first having tested them, we prefer not to sell it.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Ok, Tylor has contacted me via email.

For everyone following the thread, Sam from Autotalent has taken ownership of the situation and now I have a tracking number for the diffusor.

Thanks for everyone's help. I'll post one final update when the diffusor arrives.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:21 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
I spent years in the marine industry watching marginal suppliers try to write orders from a prototype, hoping to get enough orders to justify importing or producing the item. The same was true at the annual SEMA show (automotive and RV parts) and it appears that this type of "preselling" is becoming more common here -- wheels, brake lights, wings, etc. -- but with the kicker of a 'down payment' required for the "privilege" of ordering. I'd suggest to everyone here that they refuse this tactic; "new" stuff may look great in pictures but wait until it's definitely on the shelf.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Administrator
tejoe, that is exactly what happened here...a very reputable sponsor was surprised and upset that an employee was offering a product for sale that he had not tested for fit and quality...I say kudos to Sam at AutoTalent for stepping in and making it right

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LA-based vendor "Autotalent"... please respond?