997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Interior Decorator for a Day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 08:57 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
Interior Decorator for a Day

Someone hands you an order form for a C4S in Carrara White with PCCB's and a carbon sports seat. If you make this cars interior look good enough, you get to keep it, if you don't, they run you over with it. What options and colors do you select (be detailed - pretend you're actually ordering it)? Assume money is no object.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:09 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
This car is no longer in the for sale section but in my opinion it had the best interior I have ever seen on a white car. It all listed. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ara-white.html

Old 06-04-2009, 09:15 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
yrralis, the only differences between the interior that I think I have finally settled on and the one in the picture is a) yellow dials instead of white b) instead of red stitching / calipers, yellow d) no stitching on the seats (get dirty?) and d) everything that can be CF, in CF (handbrake, trim, shifter, center console, door handle, door trim). Do you think it'll still work?

Old 06-04-2009, 10:49 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by camhabib
yrralis, the only differences between the interior that I think I have finally settled on and the one in the picture is a) yellow dials instead of white b) instead of red stitching / calipers, yellow d) no stitching on the seats (get dirty?) and d) everything that can be CF, in CF (handbrake, trim, shifter, center console, door handle, door trim). Do you think it'll still work?
If you like carbon fiber .. look at this one . Just the interior pics. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...otsa-pics.html

Old 06-04-2009, 11:03 PM
jherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to behold
All-carbon fiber interior trim; white gauges; natural gray leather; alcantara steering wheel. Slather everything else with leather if available.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
I would just recreate a GT3 interior - all black with alcantara seating inserts, shifter/boot, wheel (with yellow stripe of course), and center storage console (all which I've done on my car). And those new folding carbon fiber seats (which I would do if they weren't so pricey). Then I would go really wild and get black gauges.
I just think the simplicity and purposefulness of it is over the top. I suspect that would get me killed though (but I'd be yelling 'less is moooooooore!')

Old 06-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by jherbias
All-carbon fiber interior trim; white gauges; natural gray leather; alcantara steering wheel. Slather everything else with leather if available.
I think this is what I'm going with. Carbon everything, Natural grey leather (apparently a better leather then the standard grey, and just a touch lighter), white dials, Carrara white "gear lever trim" (aka the piece that goes in front of console), and currently debating the stitching color.

Two questions: 1) how much different is the stock white dials from the Carrara white? Is it worth making the switch? 2) What color stitching comes default with the Natural Grey and is it worth changing it to white?

Old 06-05-2009, 09:09 PM
jherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to behold
I think this is what I'm going with. Carbon everything, Natural grey leather (apparently a better leather then the standard grey, and just a touch lighter), white dials, Carrara white "gear lever trim" (aka the piece that goes in front of console), and currently debating the stitching color.

Two questions: 1) how much different is the stock white dials from the Carrara white? Is it worth making the switch? 2) What color stitching comes default with the Natural Grey and is it worth changing it to white?
I'll let you know if I ever, ever am able to afford a 911. But you have nearly the same option list as I had, and I would probably choose white to keep a clean black/white scheme going in and out of the car.

This website may help: http://www.europeanspeed.com/interiorcolors.htm

If you look toward the bottom, the Speed Yellow gauges don't necessarily match that of the car exterior. But they use different ways of coloring on different material, obviously.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:18 PM
So this is what I have come up with, please give me some feedback on how you think it will work out:

Exterior in Carrara White w/ PCCB. Interior carbon sport seats and Natural Grey full leather. The two carbon packages (replaces trim, handbrake, shifter, door trim, door handles, and door storage bins) as well as a carbon center console. Logo embossed leather center storage lid and leather multi-function PDK steering wheel. Main dials and Chrono dial in Carrara White as well as "gear selector trim" (piece that can be seen here in yellow: http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8964/16324jpg.jpg ) in Carrara White. The part directly above the gear selector trim (surrounding shifter) in leather.

I'm not sure if I went overboard on the carbon or not (perhaps make shifter and handbrake in leather and order just the trim above glove compartment as carbon?) but I think everything else would look good. Opinions?

Old 06-06-2009, 03:18 PM
So this is what I have come up with, please give me some feedback on how you think it will work out:

Exterior in Carrara White w/ PCCB. Interior carbon sport seats and Natural Grey full leather. The two carbon packages (replaces trim, handbrake, shifter, door trim, door handles, and door storage bins) as well as a carbon center console. Logo embossed leather center storage lid and leather multi-function PDK steering wheel. Main dials and Chrono dial in Carrara White as well as "gear selector trim" (piece that can be seen here in yellow: http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8964/16324jpg.jpg ) in Carrara White. The part directly above the gear selector trim (surrounding shifter) in leather.

I'm not sure if I went overboard on the carbon or not (perhaps make shifter and handbrake in leather and order just the trim above glove compartment as carbon?) but I think everything else would look good. Opinions?
Sounds like the way I'd build mine, except I'd change some bits to alcantara. It wouldn't make much difference though. Can you also emboss the sport seats w/ the Porsche shield?

It would seem like a very exotic car once built.

Old 06-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by jherbias
Sounds like the way I'd build mine, except I'd change some bits to alcantara. It wouldn't make much difference though. Can you also emboss the sport seats w/ the Porsche shield?

It would seem like a very exotic car once built.
I have that option ("Porsche Crests in Headrests" #XSC) selected. I took a look at adding some of the alcantara to the car, but thought it would look odd as it would only be a few select pieces here and there. If I was going to stick some in, I would have to do the seats half and half and perhaps the wheel, handbrake, and shifter, but that means having 3 different colors and materials present.

I can't decide if I should do the shifter and handbrake in leather or not tho.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:35 PM
lakercarrera is infamous around these parts
full cf interior, alcantera seats, headliner, center console, steering wheel, shift boot, handbrake, red contrast stitching, euro gt3 seats

Old 06-08-2009, 02:46 PM
I think the CF is going to take it. Maybe alcantara wheel but thats about it.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:32 PM
DPorcella@sbcgl is infamous around these parts
Cam: be aware that natural leather dark grey is a touch DARKER than standard grey leather. As I think I said before, it's charcoal without a glaze, and looks black in some lights.

Old 06-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by DPorcella@sbcgl
Cam: be aware that natural leather dark grey is a touch DARKER than standard grey leather. As I think I said before, it's charcoal without a glaze, and looks black in some lights.
Thats pretty much what I was looking for, a leather just a shade lighter then a true black. I think a true black against a white it too much of a contrast. I haven't seen it with the CF parts, but the black looks good, I think the natural grey will too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Interior Decorator for a Day