997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Customer Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 09:17 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by inject
This is to update my delima, today I met with the General Manager and Service Manager of the Porsche Dealership. I explained the situation from my point of view and told them the instrument cluster had not been sprayed with any corrosive cleaner that would have caused the pre existing problem. After our discussion the GM came up with a solution and the car is fixed without Porsche's help. I am therefore impressed with the dealership management but disappointed with Porsche.

Thanks for everyones support.
Ken
My guess is that if a GM took time to even hear it along with a sevice manager after PCNA was contacted by you --they must have had a little chat among themseves . The two hour labor plus the dealership cost of the part is not worth losing you as a customer.

Yet you still don't seem happy . You are happy that someone helped but seem to expect that EVERYONE help . Life doesn't always work that way .

Actually I somewhat admire your sheltered innocence in not only expecting but even demanding fairness with such conviction . Perhaps you have learned what some have figured out --that the concept of fairness is taught to us as children mostly by adults who know what its like to have been screwed . It hardens ones skin .

I am glad you got you car fixed . Sincerely I am . I hope that you can start sharing how you enjoy it because that's what most come to 6speed to do .

Old 06-27-2009, 07:22 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by inject
This is to update my delima, today I met with the General Manager and Service Manager of the Porsche Dealership. I explained the situation from my point of view and told them the instrument cluster had not been sprayed with any corrosive cleaner that would have caused the pre existing problem. After our discussion the GM came up with a solution and the car is fixed without Porsche's help. I am therefore impressed with the dealership management but disappointed with Porsche.

Thanks for everyones support.
Ken
Happy ending. Turned into what sounds like excellent customer service. I'm glad for you - bummer to have something like that nagging at you - especially in an area you cannot avoid looking at every day.

Last edited by stevepow; 06-27-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:20 AM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
I think the interesting part is that you feel like you got burned on this. You could have addressed it right away even though you didn't know that you would keep it. You could have made the purchase contingent on that repair too.

So in the end, I think many folks feel that you could have handled it better so that YOU would have a better outcome in the end. I think had you handled this differently you would have a satisfactory outcome. Learn from this and handle things in a timely fashion and when you have leverage.

Good luck.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:53 PM
911nojoke has a spectacular aura about911nojoke has a spectacular aura about911nojoke has a spectacular aura about
I'll side with the original poster. Who cares if he didn't get it fixed earlier? I say get it fixed when it's convenient for you and/or you feel like it (even if its one day before the warranty expires). If it's under warranty, it's under warranty. For them to say they would replace it if it were cheaper just makes it worse. Plus, it is disappointing that PCNA wouldn't step up, nice the dealership did but still...

anyway, at least it is fixed now.