997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Gloves

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 01:01 AM
ellistai is on a distinguished road
Gloves

Just out of my curiosity...

Will you guys put on gloves when driving casually? or will do that only when tracking?

And what kind of gloves you have?

Old 07-08-2009, 05:39 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
No gloves

Originally Posted by ellistai
Just out of my curiosity...

Will you guys put on gloves when driving casually? or will do that only when tracking?

And what kind of gloves you have?

I am an SCCA racecar driver and I
ONLY wear driving gloves when I'm suited up
for a race.
I do HPDE's in the C2S and never wear gloves.
Don't need them, and they don't help you drive any better.
Mr. B

Old 07-08-2009, 06:11 AM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
What he said - no reason for gloves unless on the track and it's hot and you are trying to retain grip on the wheel during serious (read: make one mistake and crunch the car) driving.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:49 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I wear them at the track for lapping days, as I find the sweat from my hands makes the shifter and steering wheel to sticky.

I don't wear gloves on the street.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:54 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Yeah

Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I wear them at the track for lapping days, as I find the sweat from my hands makes the shifter and steering wheel to sticky.
I don't wear gloves on the street.
Yeah, I have some students who wear driving gloves and they say it's for the sweat.
On a really hot day, the rest of me sweats up a storm, but not very much on my hands so I just prefer not to wear gloves on track days.
Racing, of course, is another story.
The SCCA safety rules require everything to be covered in nomex.
Mr. B

Old 07-08-2009, 06:58 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mr. B
Yeah, I have some students who wear driving gloves and they say it's for the sweat.
On a really hot day, the rest of me sweats up a storm, but not very much on my hands so I just prefer not to wear gloves on track days.
Racing, of course, is another story.
The SCCA safety rules require everything to be covered in nomex.
Mr. B
I guess I am more of a dog then you, as I sweat through my paws

Old 07-08-2009, 08:16 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
I wear a glove any time I'm going to be with the car naked.

J

Old 07-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I guess I am more of a dog then you, as I sweat through my paws
That's my problem too!

My hands get wet when i am holding to the wheel...and with the Alcantara wheel, I am just thinking if it's better off to put on gloves when driving...street and track...

But it may look wired I think....

Old 07-08-2009, 07:49 PM
I think it would look weird on the street, but not the track.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:09 AM
surfingbuddhist has a spectacular aura aboutsurfingbuddhist has a spectacular aura about
On the street, I sometimes where regular driving gloves if I'm doing a spirited drive in the canyons, but never when just driving from A to B.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:28 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
In the winter I might put some gloves on before the wheel heats up. I prefer LL Bean or Filson unlined deerskin...and I'll wear them when out of the car too...especially when out of the car.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Checked out some online glove stores and found the leather driving gloves look quite nice...kind of classic and vintage feel.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:57 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Enclosed is a picture of Ed's driving gloves. He tried to convince me I needed a pair. I said " No f_ckn way Ed......You can keep them!"

Attached Images  
Old 07-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Enclosed is a picture of Ed's driving gloves. He tried to convince me I needed a pair. I said " No f_ckn way Ed......You can keep them!"
You know that we all live in igloo's up north and these are required before we go out and get the Porsche dog sled (not available in the US) warmed up.

F_ck'n Clown!

Attached Images  
Old 07-09-2009, 01:27 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Or maybe they just wear one glove up there?

Sorry I had too.......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gloves