997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

IPD PLENUM for 997.2 DFI – Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 12:46 AM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
Been about 5 months... wernt these going to be ready to be shipped by October? Whats going on?

Old 02-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PersianGodFatha
Been about 5 months... wernt these going to be ready to be shipped by October? Whats going on?
We have been in contact with IPD, there is futher testing going on and some improvements on the design. RSS will not sell it until all testing is complete and will keep everyone posted.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:17 PM
ZoSo_DXB is infamous around these parts
Any update?

Old 06-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ZoSo_DXB
Any update?
Hi ZoSo_DXB,

We are still awaiting a final product release date from IPD and will advise when we are given more information.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:30 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
RSS Brian, I am such a skeptic with things like this and I honestly want to try and understand that if this IPD Plenum actually work as advertised that why did Porsche leave so much power on the table and not properly design the plenum to be like the IDP? I am not trying to rain on your parade here or challenge you I am just trying to learn an dunderstand something. Cool?

Porsche engineers are not stupid people and I can not see how the stock plenum would have anything to do with noise, engine durability, cost or emissions. It boggles my mind that if the IDP plenum really increases power and throttle responce why didn't Porsche do a better job with the stock intake plenum?

Thoughts and opinions?

Old 06-23-2010, 03:37 PM
pcs
pcs has a spectacular aura aboutpcs has a spectacular aura about
+1 - I also question why Porsche would leave so much on the table.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by mdrums
RSS Brian, I am such a skeptic with things like this and I honestly want to try and understand that if this IPD Plenum actually work as advertised that why did Porsche leave so much power on the table and not properly design the plenum to be like the IDP? I am not trying to rain on your parade here or challenge you I am just trying to learn an dunderstand something. Cool?

Porsche engineers are not stupid people and I can not see how the stock plenum would have anything to do with noise, engine durability, cost or emissions. It boggles my mind that if the IDP plenum really increases power and throttle responce why didn't Porsche do a better job with the stock intake plenum?

Thoughts and opinions?

Hey mdrums hope you're enjoying life....

The IPD Plenum has been debated and discussed for years here on the forum and in the Porsche tuning community... You can use the search function and explore many posts answering all of your questions and see many opinions on the topic and the theories behind the technology.

I'm a skeptic like you but have seen the IPD plenums make power especially on high HP Turbo applications. We are still awaiting all the data from IPD for the DFI cars so we will see...

The beautiful thing about it all is you don't have to try it if you don't want to.... so you're not raining on my parade as you state .

RSS is no longer assisting with the manufacturing and/or testing of the existing IPD products or the new products being released. RSS is also no longer the distributor for IPD.

We offer the IPD Plenums due to demand like many other dealers out there.

Feel free to contact IPD directly with additional questions.

B

Old 06-24-2010, 02:42 PM
afridi is infamous around these parts
Im just pulling this one from the air, but it seems to me, that Porsche engineers teir engines to higher specs than what they finally bring out (witness the first gen Cayman S) and that gives them headroom to bring in improvments in power over time as the compitition catches. If they pulled all stops with their engines, the competition would be that much stiffer.