997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My 2005 C2S Launch Edition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 02:05 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Yep . the launch car rocks !

Old 08-19-2009, 09:06 AM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by motosport3
Thanks everyone. I love this car!!

Here's another not great shot of her in the SF fog...but just figured I'd share.
Alan: Once again congratulations on your 2005 Launch Car. It looks just like mine and 300 or so others. It truly is a gorgeous car. You don't see too many 2005 997S w/ those distinctive yellow PCCB rotors. Its a fairly elite group of cars.

Did anyone mention the initiation fee to join the '2005 Launch Car Club'? I believe it's $500 (to each club member).

Enjoy it and welcome to the 'Club'!

Old 08-20-2009, 01:25 PM
motosport3 will become famous soon enoughmotosport3 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by AP 997S
Alan: Once again congratulations on your 2005 Launch Car. It looks just like mine and 300 or so others. It truly is a gorgeous car. You don't see too many 2005 997S w/ those distinctive yellow PCCB rotors. Its a fairly elite group of cars.

Did anyone mention the initiation fee to join the '2005 Launch Car Club'? I believe it's $500 (to each club member).

Enjoy it and welcome to the 'Club'!
Oh my! Hahah. I just paid my initiation fee of 9.5% sales tax to the state of CA along with the super bumped up registration fee as well this morning

Old 08-20-2009, 06:07 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Hopefully you got a bill of sale w/ a 'conservative' sales price. Of course if you bought from a dealer you paid the full sales tax of your county. I hate giving those yahoos in Sacramento any money. I rather send it down the crapper (yeah I know same place).

With sales tax, registration, etc. it adds well over 10% to the cost of the car. Oh well, it's better than Sweden (VAT was 25% a few years back. It's most likely higher now) or some other Euro countries.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:53 AM
Deepcove Frog is on a distinguished road
finally,i found my mothership of Launch edition baby.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:41 AM
RED 997 is on a distinguished road
Very nice!!

Old 01-04-2011, 12:34 PM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
congrats, my car has all those options plus aero kit but not a launch edition .. lol

Old 01-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Sharkys will become famous soon enough
Nice! I wonder how many 05 Launch Car members are active on this board?

Old 04-17-2011, 12:48 PM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
Another launch edition owner checking in. Just got her, with 13k miles (low I know with the RMS concerns) but passed her pre purchase inspection with flying colors (one stage 4 over rev on DME scan but tech was not concerned). So far having a lot of fun!

Old 04-17-2011, 07:57 PM
JTaylorGT has a spectacular aura aboutJTaylorGT has a spectacular aura about
Welcome to the '997 Launch Club' - there's a few of us on this board. Yours is definitely in the running for one of the lowest mile examples. Although I did see one recently for sale with only 7k miles!!

Mine just hit 40k last week and is running strong, no issues! Love this car since the day I got it two years ago!

Old 04-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Sharkys will become famous soon enough
Now, 45K on mine. I have no mechanical or electronic issues - history is clean with the exception of TSB work. Will put a pic up tomorrow.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:13 AM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
Great to hear that they seem to be running towards the reliable end of the spectrum. I did have some reservations with the low miles and the potential for IMS issues but the mechanic at my Porsche dealership seemed to think that the issue was greatly exaggerated and actually stated that it was a car he himself would like to own based on condition, options, etc. Incidentally he is also very active at our local track with a modified 944, and I value his opinion greatly. I get my dension ipod unit installed hopefully next week and the k40 calibre system with the laser shifter was a nice addition by the previous owner. The only sign essentially that the car has been driven is the miles on the odometer and a small scuff on the drivers seat bolster. Other than that it is in showroom shape.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:24 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
41K so far. Other than my PSE mufflers burning out (and being denied coverage on the CPO warranty) it has been nearly flawless.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Dammit I am jealous of PSE owners. That was one of my "must have options" when I was searching for a gently owned 997.1 but when I found this gem I couldn't resist as it had everything other than the PSE. Did you have yours retrofitted? Incidentally as I don't plan to track the car, I find the PCCBs to be awesome. They should last the life of my ownership of the car easily and the lack of brake dust combined with those chunky yellow calipers make them very desirable in my estimation.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:47 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
PCCBs are one of the things I love about the car!

The previous owner retrofitted the car with PSE (at the dealer, no less)

They sounded great. I had them on "Sport" all of the time.

The Gundo hack is a pretty easy way to get a better sound. Very similar to the PSE sound.

When I get a few hours I'm going to swap out my Gundo hacked mufflers for some standard "S" mufflers. The hacked mufflers combined with the 200 cell cats are too loud for my taste.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 2005 C2S Launch Edition