997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My 2005 C2S Launch Edition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 05:51 PM
motosport3 will become famous soon enoughmotosport3 will become famous soon enough
My 2005 C2S Launch Edition

Hey everyone, I just picked her up on Friday and have been enjoying my first Porsche. I ended up finding a very clean Launch Edition w/ 21k miles. Extremely clean DME, no range 3-6s, no paint, and an extended 6 year warranty as well.

Just wanted to post a quick pic of her in the garage and thank Larry and ryem3 among others who gave me input when I was shopping.

-Alan

Attached Images  
Old 08-16-2009, 06:01 PM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Congrats bud! If I didn't have such a huge boner for a 996TT that launch car would have been a close second.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:22 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Congrats man. That's going to be a keeper. Better to pay and get the nice one than mess around. Post more pics after you get her prepped. Way to go...

Old 08-16-2009, 06:26 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Congrats!

Old 08-16-2009, 06:54 PM
Dutchie in NC is infamous around these partsDutchie in NC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by motosport3
Hey everyone, I just picked her up on Friday and have been enjoying my first Porsche. I ended up finding a very clean Launch Edition w/ 21k miles. Extremely clean DME, no range 3-6s, no paint, and an extended 6 year warranty as well.

Just wanted to post a quick pic of her in the garage and thank Larry and ryem3 among others who gave me input when I was shopping.

-Alan
Very nice... congrats! Is this one of the launch cars that has PCCB's? I have been looking at one of those as well to replace my 2003 996 cab. May I ask you what you paid for it... trying to get an idea re what 'market' is for these cars

Old 08-16-2009, 07:05 PM
e3113v is on a distinguished road
Congrats, Alan and welcome to the club with quite a special Carrera! I picked up my 05 C2S launch in March of 08 with 21K miles. She currently has 26K miles and the love affair continues. The only incident I had so far is the oil separator going bad at 25K+ miles ...CEL, then huge puffs of white smoke when accelerating. Interestingly, I was doing a slow lead-follow lap on the Thunderbolt track at NJMP when it happened (of course, I told my friends that I was keeping away from this Challenge Ferrari...lol). I was in 4th gear doing 60-70 mph. Anyway, the oil separator was replaced (covered under CPO) and she's running like a dream again. No RMS issues.
Again, congrats and enjoy her in good health!
-E.

Attached Images  
Old 08-16-2009, 07:38 PM
lakercarrera is on a distinguished road
sorry for the dumb question but what is a launch edition car?

Old 08-16-2009, 07:53 PM
bjandeleit is on a distinguished road
Hi Allan: Congrats on your "new" launch car. Always have a save drive!
Is this the one from Santa Rosa with the extended warranty from Sonnen Porsche? At least looks like it. Enjoy her in good health.

~ Bernd

Old 08-16-2009, 08:32 PM
motosport3 will become famous soon enoughmotosport3 will become famous soon enough
Thanks everyone!!

Originally Posted by Dutchie in NC
Very nice... congrats! Is this one of the launch cars that has PCCB's? I have been looking at one of those as well to replace my 2003 996 cab. May I ask you what you paid for it... trying to get an idea re what 'market' is for these cars
Yep, all launch cars pretty much had all options short of the PSE and yes it does have the PCCBs. All the launch cars I've seen on the market are in the $50-$57k range. There are 2 on Autotrader w/ about 21-22k miles without warranty in the $52-53k range. There was one in San Diego w/ 13k miles asking $57k also w/o warranty.

Originally Posted by e3113v
Congrats, Alan and welcome to the club with quite a special Carrera! I picked up my 05 C2S launch in March of 08 with 21K miles. She currently has 26K miles and the love affair continues. The only incident I had so far is the oil separator going bad at 25K+ miles ...CEL, then huge puffs of white smoke when accelerating. Interestingly, I was doing a slow lead-follow lap on the Thunderbolt track at NJMP when it happened (of course, I told my friends that I was keeping away from this Challenge Ferrari...lol). I was in 4th gear doing 60-70 mph. Anyway, the oil separator was replaced (covered under CPO) and she's running like a dream again. No RMS issues.
Again, congrats and enjoy her in good health!
-E.
I love the look of your car e3113v. My 997 looks trucking compared to yours, hopefully I don't see any huge puffs of white smoke anytime soon. This is the first time I've read about oil seperator going bad on here. Is it a common issue with the 997? I've only read about RMS and IMS.

Another reason I didn't want too low a mileage car like the 13k mile one is that these cars need to be driven to even see if RMS becomes an issue. I think cars that sit inactive end up having more problems than cars that are regularly used.

Originally Posted by lakercarrera
sorry for the dumb question but what is a launch edition car?
Hey Lakercarrera, launch edition were the first 997's that reached dealerships and were loaded with all options except for PSE.

Originally Posted by bjandeleit
Hi Allan: Congrats on your "new" launch car. Always have a save drive!
Is this the one from Santa Rosa with the extended warranty from Sonnen Porsche? At least looks like it. Enjoy her in good health.
Yep that is the one! Did you happen to look at her as well?

Last edited by motosport3; 08-16-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:31 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Sigh - Every time I see one of those launch cars I reflect on how much I loved mine . In fact there were not that many of the black/black PCCB 99.3K models made in contrast with todays launch cars . There's always that hope in the back of my mind that you could be driving one of my former cars -- my first 997S . It was flawless BTW .

Congrats and good luck.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:19 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Motosport3: Congratulations and welcome to the 'owner's club' of the 2005 997 Launch Car.

It's a proud and prestigious group you just joined.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:47 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Congratulations - the launch model is fantastic.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:36 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Love seeing other launch cars....Have had mine for 45 days now and I love it even more each time I drive it.

Congrats!

Attached Images  
Old 08-19-2009, 01:16 AM
Thanks everyone. I love this car!!

Here's another not great shot of her in the SF fog...but just figured I'd share.

Attached Images  
Old 08-19-2009, 02:04 AM
Mazatlan is on a distinguished road
Congrats on a beautiful, stunning, precision driving instrument

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 2005 C2S Launch Edition