997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

SharkWerks Does Monterey (Concourso/RM Auction etc..)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 12:31 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Video SharkWerks Does Monterey (Concourso/RM Auction etc..)

Hey fellas had a fun-filled week/weekend during the week-long Exotic car festivals in Monterey. It was really great meeting so many of you and putting a face to a forum screen name finally... Those that I missed - sorry about that and there's always next year

We kicked things off on Wednesday night by driving through the Portola Hotel Lobby with ZKERMIT (guests were checking in at the time) and into the main ball room to display the car with our friends at HRE Wheels (Dave you're awesome btw) and Dupont Registry. Although our car was indeed by far the least expensive (we're talking some highly prized vintage red Ferraris folks) in the ballroom it was at least the only Green car there too

And just to drive into the ball-room the doors had to be taken off...

Still more set up to go...

Final detail/prep by Bob@Autoconcierge (who was kindly present all week to help SharkWerks et al) before the suits get let in for the start of the RM Auction.

There she is all decked out with specs, dyno and business cards. You'll be glad to know that despite many interesting offers this car is a keeper and was NOT for sale:P

A few press photographers were allowed in early... They were trying to get pictures of the unveiling of the (a funky-expensive German supercar) Veritas VS3, which was flown in from Germany the night before.

And we're off... An Alpha 8C was also on display which looked pretty slick...

You can see if the 8C here and the front end of the Veritas:

The VS3

Some very expensive bikes and a Spyker that wouldn't start:

Somebody paid too much for this one..

Old 08-17-2009, 12:31 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
And here we are at Concourso Italiano the next day working with our friends at Champion Motorsports and Tubi. I was skeptical here being a Porsche-only fiend but again surprised by the Porsche turn-out.... Luckily Mr Tubi (he calls me Mr. Shark) himself brought a lot of Porsche exhausts for display so I had my way with those:

This is the Gallardo LP560 we had at the booth with the sweet-sounding Tubi exhaust on it.

We have a "winner" here... Full Blooded Italian:

Mr Shark wearing full Italian Tubi Style Gear (folks this is their uniform!) and Mr Tubi on the right. Both wearing shades on 3 hours of sleep the night before.

Tubi all over:

Bob giving a demo of the Tubi Exhaust:

Tuner "pose":

Job well done and day over....

Here we are packing the booth away after a long and hot day at Concorso Italiano. I was really happy with the Porsche turnout/invasion considering this show is usually all about Italian trash

But not before I get a shot of perhaps the coolest fully-electric car ever:

Back one more night for the final evening at the RM Auction:

Yours truly suited up...

A very cool/expensive picture behind the car from Ze Germans:

Mr Dupont & Mr. Shark

And because he liked the car so much he wore matching trousers!

Old 08-17-2009, 01:39 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
OMG!!!! That is the worst choice of color...

Oh, and I mean the pants!

Old 08-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by sin911
OMG!!!! That is the worst choice of color...

Oh, and I mean the pants!
hehe well it went with the car

Old 08-17-2009, 11:48 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
Nice pics Alex...great seeing you at the show! Glad you didnt auction off zKermit!

Old 08-17-2009, 11:54 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Did you sell the car? If yes, I hope you are happy with its sale price.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by synergy
Nice pics Alex...great seeing you at the show! Glad you didnt auction off zKermit!
Thanks Chris and great to see you too! Kermit stays... forever:P
Originally Posted by adias
Did you sell the car? If yes, I hope you are happy with its sale price.
Hey Adias it wasn't for sale.. just for display. I needed a parking spot for the week