997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Front bumper removal and magnetic license plate holder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 04:02 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
So far this magnet thing has been good for 118 mph.....!

There are stronger magnets that you can buy if you are worried about the 'STICK'

Stacy

Old 09-20-2009, 04:57 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by justatoy
118 mph.....!
Stacy
NICE!

I wont' ask where you hit that 118.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:01 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
3 little circles of clear bra just larger than the magnets on the bumper front would protect the bumper from the rubbing of the magnet. Just a thought.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:04 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Any shots of the finished product and the reinstall? Removing the bumper seem pretty ambitious for me, but it doesn't look too hard. I've been living with the tow hook solution, but always looking for alternatives...

Old 09-20-2009, 05:20 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PT Doc
NICE!

I wont' ask where you hit that 118.
Thank-you.......but if you were to ask I would have told you a vacant airport...........!

Originally Posted by PT Doc
3 little circles of clear bra just larger than the magnets on the bumper front would protect the bumper from the rubbing of the magnet. Just a thought.
Great idea and definately would work but when you remove the plate holder for a show or whatever...you would have 3 little circles left,LOL!!!

Originally Posted by ryem3
Any shots of the finished product and the reinstall? Removing the bumper seem pretty ambitious for me, but it doesn't look too hard. I've been living with the tow hook solution, but always looking for alternatives...
It sits flush and pressed up against the bumper...
Finished product LOOKS exactly like it would IF it was done from the factory.......only NO holes!

Stacy

Old 09-21-2009, 02:20 AM
rkuo is on a distinguished road
Gonna try this myself, although I'm much less handy out of the gate. I think I found a great material for placing between the magnets and the bumper tho ... egrips.com. I already have a clear bra on there, so maybe this is overkill, but seems like a winner. I bought the laptop strips and will cut pieces off it to fit under the magnets.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-28-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Found out today on a deserted piece of highway(NO CARS AROUND).....that it will hold at 213 kms/hr(132 mph).
I would have to guess that the wind hitting it helps keep it pushed tight to the bumper.
I am NOW comfortable THAT this works!

Old 10-12-2009, 01:30 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
nice work as well stacy, but someone did say that you may leave a mark, well let us know in a month or so....lol

Old 10-12-2009, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by rvhpno80
nice work as well stacy, but someone did say that you may leave a mark, well let us know in a month or so....lol
Thanks,
I have been doing alot of high speed testing with the supercharger the last few weeks and NO marks from the plate holder yet!
Even if it does leave a small mark...I am sure that it will polish out!

Stacy

Old 03-07-2010, 12:54 PM
gordon9898 is a jewel in the roughgordon9898 is a jewel in the roughgordon9898 is a jewel in the roughgordon9898 is a jewel in the rough
Cool!

Old 03-16-2010, 06:03 PM
toechsel is on a distinguished road
great idea, might just try it

Old 03-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Auto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the rough
Found out today on a deserted piece of highway(NO CARS AROUND).....that it will hold at 213 kms/hr(132 mph).
I would have to guess that the wind hitting it helps keep it pushed tight to the bumper.
I am NOW comfortable THAT this works!
justatoy,

Wow these cars are fast, I still can't believe I'm in this "club". Watch out for the RCMP and be safe. Your tutorial and photos are extremely clear and well done. Thank you for posting them.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by gordon9898
Cool!
Thanks Gordon.....notice you are here in Vancouver!
Look forward to meeting you one day!
Originally Posted by toechsel
great idea, might just try it
Very easy/clean mod and NO holes!
Originally Posted by Auto_Union
justatoy,

Wow these cars are fast, I still can't believe I'm in this "club". Watch out for the RCMP and be safe. Your tutorial and photos are extremely clear and well done. Thank you for posting them.
I watch closely for the RCMP and I always stay safe,LOL.....I DON'T speed.....MUCH!

Thanks.

Stacy

Old 07-22-2010, 08:00 AM
Decided to re-vive this thread to let everyone know that after many drives and many BUG splatters.....this magnetic plate holder is holding strong with no marks dings or scrapes to the bumper!
And this was seriously put to the test when I met Ken (keninirvine) 4 hours from home through the mountain highways 2 weeks ago.....Ken HAS a heavy foot,LOL!

Stacy

Old 07-22-2010, 08:16 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Decided to re-vive this thread to let everyone know that after many drives and many BUG splatters.....this magnetic plate holder is holding strong with no marks dings or scrapes to the bumper!
And this was seriously put to the test when I met Ken (keninirvine) 4 hours from home through the mountain highways 2 weeks ago.....Ken HAS a heavy foot,LOL!

Stacy
If I have such a heavy foot, why do I have so many photos of you ahead of me?
But I can attest to the security of your front plate and the abundance of bug splatters that day.

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Front bumper removal and magnetic license plate holder