997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

OZ wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 06:05 AM
obsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by madporsche85
Do you like them? Looking good on 997?
Would you post some pics of your 997 with the OZ wheels?
I want to take a look
My 997S is white with factory aero kit so I went with the black wheels and have gotten many compliments - no picture handy. I bought these as track wheels so they have my Hoosiers on them and they are not on the car at the moment for me to take a picture. The Tire Rack website has a good "see them on your car" feature - for my car I just look at a GT3 instead of 997S as the aero kit gives it the GT3 appearance.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:25 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
I must state to anyone reading this thread that Damon by far is one of the more knowledgeable and helpful people you will ever meet on the internet. He has helped me many times and without a doubt knows his stuff.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
i think tire rack is a great company but they do not baby sit this forum as much as they should. i have had 1 pm ignored or missed and some posts went unanswered.

if you pay to be a vendor on this site, it pays to keep up with it. although i have not made a purchase from him, Alan Bayles (sp?) is on top of his game when it comes to wheel/tires questions. he answers questions in posts even when its not directly realted to his company.

this sort of attention and help from a sponsor helps their businesses in the long run. because of his responsiveness, i know Alan will be on my list next time i look for wheels.

Damon has been helpful too but doesnt seem to be around as much as some others. ya snooze, ya looze.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:57 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by utkinpol
I think ultraleggeras at tirerack were out of stock for this whole year.

When I needed help and tried to communicate with Damon - I got no response from him nor from email I sent nor from PM on the forum (but received read confirmation) so I did not hear back until I actually placed my order online without any help whatsoever what was quite frustrating and then he somehow found me and requested info about my order. Not sure what for.

So I bet he is a great guy but it was not my experience. Other tirerack people I tried to call could not even tell me over the phone what specific offset range for rear rims is allowed for my 997 C2. So, well, it was me and my business with them, so I guess it is only worth doing if you do know perfectly what is it you want to get from them. I am not holding any grudge, against anybody, it is just what it is.
I've had similar experiences from TireRack for BMW's - even with the resident experts. I get the feeling it is the issue that TireRack is understandably very cautious about TELLING people that a certain offset and tire will work on your car without rubbing. Even the same spec tire can vary considerably in tread width or section width. I like to see pictures of the tires and wheels I'm looking for on forums like this, it is the only real way to tell if something will work - but even then you take a chance. The shop guys hear a lot of things, but they don't always see a lot of things - unless they see pics that are posted, but I've never had a guy follow up with me for pics of my car. TireRack does too much business for much of that. Nevertheless, I've not found a better selection of tires, cheaper than they sell them. They do a good job of shipping them out too, with their multiple warehouses. I've used them many times, yet fully appreciate the limitations of a discount, volume business.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:23 AM
Banned
Matt(in MA) is on a distinguished road
All this talk of OZ wheels and not 1 picture? Come on guys lets see your cars!!!

Matt

Old 09-11-2009, 07:27 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Matt(in MA)
All this talk of OZ wheels and not 1 picture? Come on guys lets see your cars!!!

Matt
if you click at my car link you`ll see it, those are botticelli`s - not overly popular here for some reason but i like `em. quality is nice, not expensive, looks are good. in reality they look better than on a picture - what they called 'bright silver' on tirerack website is more like a matte titanium finish, not too shiny and brake dust is not visible on it for a pretty long time.

ultraleggeras of same size are 4 pounds lighter.

Last edited by utkinpol; 09-11-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ryem3
I've had similar experiences from TireRack for BMW's - even with the resident experts. I get the feeling it is the issue that TireRack is understandably very cautious about TELLING people that a certain offset and tire will work on your car without rubbing. Even the same spec tire can vary considerably in tread width or section width. I like to see pictures of the tires and wheels I'm looking for on forums like this, it is the only real way to tell if something will work - but even then you take a chance. The shop guys hear a lot of things, but they don't always see a lot of things - unless they see pics that are posted, but I've never had a guy follow up with me for pics of my car. TireRack does too much business for much of that. Nevertheless, I've not found a better selection of tires, cheaper than they sell them. They do a good job of shipping them out too, with their multiple warehouses. I've used them many times, yet fully appreciate the limitations of a discount, volume business.
i used to buy all my tires from the tirerack but for the last 2 or 3 years, the local discount tire has been price matching them for every single tire + you get the free flat fixes and have a face to face transaction.

i have a feeling tirerack has lost a lot of business this way. i have used tirerack's prices many many times to leverage the local guy so i do appreciate that they exist and provide competetive pricing