997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

OZ wheels?

Old 09-09-2009, 10:24 AM
madporsche85 is on a distinguished road
OZ ultraleggela wheels?

Looking for OZ ultraleggela HLT wheels for 997.
Where can I get them with the greatest deal?

Old 09-09-2009, 10:25 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Check with Damon at TireRack.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:39 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JoeShark
Check with Damon at TireRack.
+1, Damon is active member on this forum and a good guy to deal with.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:47 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
+1, Damon is active member on this forum and a good guy to deal with.
I think ultraleggeras at tirerack were out of stock for this whole year.

When I needed help and tried to communicate with Damon - I got no response from him nor from email I sent nor from PM on the forum (but received read confirmation) so I did not hear back until I actually placed my order online without any help whatsoever what was quite frustrating and then he somehow found me and requested info about my order. Not sure what for.

So I bet he is a great guy but it was not my experience. Other tirerack people I tried to call could not even tell me over the phone what specific offset range for rear rims is allowed for my 997 C2. So, well, it was me and my business with them, so I guess it is only worth doing if you do know perfectly what is it you want to get from them. I am not holding any grudge, against anybody, it is just what it is.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:00 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
You don't seem to be getting good service from anyone.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:15 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
You don't seem to be getting good service from anyone.
?
quite contrary. fabspeed and vividracing people were great.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:01 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by utkinpol
I think ultraleggeras at tirerack were out of stock for this whole year.

When I needed help and tried to communicate with Damon - I got no response from him nor from email I sent nor from PM on the forum (but received read confirmation) so I did not hear back until I actually placed my order online without any help whatsoever what was quite frustrating and then he somehow found me and requested info about my order. Not sure what for.

So I bet he is a great guy but it was not my experience. Other tirerack people I tried to call could not even tell me over the phone what specific offset range for rear rims is allowed for my 997 C2. So, well, it was me and my business with them, so I guess it is only worth doing if you do know perfectly what is it you want to get from them. I am not holding any grudge, against anybody, it is just what it is.
As I told you before your emails got filtered by our system to SPAM and and I had to find them. As for the PM, I have no excuse other than probably reading it and then getting sidetracked before answering. It happens, and I apologized. Bottom line, you got skipped. I do my best to service you guys and the ones from the other 5 forumns I sponsor as well. Sometimes it's better to just call me if you need answers quickly. I'm sitting here 10-6 EST (at least) 5 days a week and every other Saturday and I love talking with you guys.

The reason I asked you for your order info after the fact (I knew because you bought OZ's, and OZ's likely come from us and you posted pictures) was just to check it over to make sure it was correct and that you were getting the best price you could have. What I don't understand is that even after two attempts asking you refused to let me help you, as if to say "what do you care now".

I asked because I felt bad you got overlooked to be honest, and I still do.

Again, I apologize. I'll do better next time if you let me.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 09-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack
Again, I apologize. I'll do better next time if you let me.
I have no grudge against nobody, I just comment on what it was.

Most of my frustration had nothing to do with you at all but with other tirerack reps to whom I spoke,as I made 3 calls total and no one of those people I spoke to could intelligently answer questions I had, all the time we were getting back to same web interface I had access to myself with same limited options it was returning. I was pretty confused with all this ordeal as depending of submodel selection (C2 or C2S which do have same compatibility for wheels) system was giving out different set of wheels and tires-to-wheels selections and some items that could be found by size only were not included at all, well, it took me some time to figure all that out. It is a good system you got there, but some stuff is pretty messed up there IMHO.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
I've always had good luck with Tire Rack though I've never dealt with Damon nor found it necessary to deal with one specific individual. I have placed several tire orders over the internet with them, been contacted by them in a timely manner to confirm my order and gotten my tires next day ( they're real close buy ) via UPS. Have never purchased wheels from them however, and would agree that's a bit more complicated than tires, particularly for a PCar. But am still a fan of the company. Would also recommend Discount Tire. Have only worked with one local center but they're a knowledgeable group and very customer oriented. Had 'em mount a couple sets of the Tire Rack tires I bought that Discount Tire didn't rep directly and got treated like I'd just spent $ 1000 for tires from them instead of their competition.

Last edited by Dadio; 09-09-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:31 PM
obsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to behold
I got my OZ Ultra L wheels with tires from Tire Rack in just over a week back in July - great service

Old 09-09-2009, 08:12 PM
madporsche85 is on a distinguished road
Do you like them? Looking good on 997?
Would you post some pics of your 997 with the OZ wheels?
I want to take a look

Old 09-09-2009, 11:53 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
I got set of OZ for the turbo from tirerack and damon was great guy to deal with. I'm in the market for another set for my 997S

Old 09-09-2009, 11:55 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
any one know if 19x11 with 50mm offset would be fine on narrow body ?

Old 09-10-2009, 12:50 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by madporsche85
Do you like them? Looking good on 997?
Would you post some pics of your 997 with the OZ wheels?
I want to take a look
You are asking fair questions and it's hard to choose wheels for someone else . There are forum members who are very happy with these wheels and some posted on this thred . I can think of one who changed his mind.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...you-think.html
I can think of others who considered them but opted for something else.

When I chose my wheels there's so many .. it wasn't easy then and lately the selection and choices are even better which makes the choice harder .

What exactly do you want from the wheel ? Is it "looks" ? Function? Safety ? Value?

Obviosly the cheapest wheels are the stock wheels on the car .

Take the time to pin down what you expect to gain from choosing the wheel . Think it through because once you make the choice it adds a lot of flavor to the car .

Good luck.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:06 AM
skizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud of
I have never been a fan of the OZ wheels, but I am a big fan of tirerack. I have had nothing but top notch service from them, for all three sets of wheels and tires I have purchased from them over the years. Even when there was a slight mess up with one of the orders, it was immediately rectified.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OZ wheels?