997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

PPI check list? -it's not 'standard' at this dealership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 11:20 AM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
PPI check list? -it's not 'standard' at this dealership

I'm looking to get a PPI done on an 06' C2S and the local (faraway) dealership has no 'standard' check. They don't even do a DME scan. All they initially offered was a $90. 'look over' and they are a Porsche dealership!

After talking to the tech ("If I pay will you do what I ask?") and convincing him that I would pay for everything he said okay.

Now I need to send him a complete list of what I want checked. Do you knowledgeable folks have a list of what I should get checked for a PPI on 2006 C2S? The DME is separate I presume and he also told me they don't offer options on the paint oo body - sheesh, hopefully thy will offer opinions on the mechanical things

Thanks in advance

FYI - The factory warranty just expired and I am also investigating the cast of buying a new one locally.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:49 PM
motosport3 is infamous around these partsmotosport3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 997xpress
I'm looking to get a PPI done on an 06' C2S and the local (faraway) dealership has no 'standard' check. They don't even do a DME scan. All they initially offered was a $90. 'look over' and they are a Porsche dealership!

After talking to the tech ("If I pay will you do what I ask?") and convincing him that I would pay for everything he said okay.

Now I need to send him a complete list of what I want checked. Do you knowledgeable folks have a list of what I should get checked for a PPI on 2006 C2S? The DME is separate I presume and he also told me they don't offer options on the paint oo body - sheesh, hopefully thy will offer opinions on the mechanical things

Thanks in advance

FYI - The factory warranty just expired and I am also investigating the cast of buying a new one locally.
Which NorCal dealership are you going to? There are other dealerships that can do a proper PPI w/o all this trouble and have a paint meter in hand to do that for you.

Last edited by motosport3; 09-18-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:21 PM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
The car is located out of state... New England area - it's the only P dealer around. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...lies/frown.gif

Old 09-18-2009, 01:30 PM
insmanblue is infamous around these parts
They probably have done a CPO. Tell them to go through the check list as if they were doing an inspection for a CPO.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:27 PM
skizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud of
Seriously, this is utter BS. Any Porsche dealership have an official form they use for something like this. It will have a chart that is red, yellow and green and highlights all areas they need to check. The DME scan is literally something that takes a matter of minutes. They hook up the computer, it is a touch screen machine, connect a cable to the car, it takes a couple of minutes for it to scan the system and they can literally hit print at that point. I have watched them do it for my car.

The things the PPI checks include:

Brake Inspection, Tire Inspection, Lights and Lens, Wipers and Motor, Suspension, Axles/Boots, AC/Heating, Exhaust, Hoses, Drive Belts, Air Filter, Fuel System, Battery/Cables, Fluid Leaks, Engine Oil, Brake Fluid, Transmission Fluid (IF Applicable), Differential Fluid, Power Steering, Coolant and then any other recommended checks you request. The interior and electrical units I would recommend having them looking at and you should also do a visual and test inspection yourself.

That is all a PPI really does. Most of this stuff you can check yourself if you had access or knowledge to do so, but better for the dealership to sign off. You can also request a paint meter be used.

My local dealership did the entire PPI and provided a complete DME scan for one hour of labor they charge. I think it was like $125.