997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Champion Motorsport's NEW PDK paddle shifters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 05:37 PM
rockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to behold
Champion Motorsports/Rennsport One did it again. Good job guys. Looks like it fits in well and could pass as OE. This would be the first aftermarket upgrade I'd get "if" I had a PDK.

Last edited by rockstardoc; 09-22-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:25 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
With me being a track rat...this mod is so up my alley.....putting my ego aside I just cannot afford the price right now. I just spent for lower control arms, new brake pads and soon will need new tires and I just reg'd for Daytona and Sebring in the coming months. Now when I am at the track I will be dreaming of these paddle shifters....DANG IT!

I know that if I showed up at the track with these paddle shifters I'd have every PDK guy going for a ride with me...plus probably manula guys too.

Last edited by mdrums; 09-22-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:48 AM
J.Seven is on a distinguished road
How about warranty? I think Porsche will void it in a heart beat

Old 09-23-2009, 05:59 AM
B R A N D X® is on a distinguished road
Great work guys. if I hadn't disliked my PDK so much (or really what I disliked was the lack of involvement...system itself was great) and traded for a manual I'd be all over these. They look well designed and engineered.

In fact, if these had been available when I had my PDK car I would have tried 'em before trading.......might have changed my mind about PDK.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:46 AM
larrytrk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by globalm3
May or may not be expensive to each his own but lets please keep this thread clean and leave this to another topic
I believe I posted a legitimate statement about cost vs function!

Old 09-23-2009, 08:15 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by larrytrk
I believe I posted a legitimate statement about cost vs function!
+1...very legitimate post

Old 09-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Hi guys,

Just wanted to throw in my thoughts since I was able to actually hold the paddles in my hands weeks ago, and drive the test vehicle.

The paddles are VERY sturdy. They are made from machined aluminum, not plastic. There's a good chance you'd pull your steering wheel off the column before you do any damage to the paddles themselves.

Driving the car was a completely different experience. The paddles have a very solid feel. Shifts are very and crisp and convincing. Maybe it was a mental thing, but it really made me feel like I was driving an F1 style manual, rather then a dual clutch auto.

As for the price. Yes, it's up there. But one thing I can tell you from my personal experience with Champion....you get what you pay for. They are not a company that just releases parts without hours and hours of testing, engineering, and development. In fact, they even spent the time and money to build a very thorough test bench, or simulator if you will, on which they test every steering wheel before it leaves the insure 100% functionality.

Just my .02 cents

Old 09-23-2009, 12:41 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 09-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by globalm3

I hear ya. And I agree, they're not exactly like the Ferrari, Bimmer, or Lambo paddles. But I can at least tell you that from my personal experience having driven the above vehicles and a PDK vehicle equipped with Champion's paddles, at no point did I feel the PDK paddles were too small or improperly placed. Honestly, they felt "just right".

Again, everyone's tastes are different. So I can respect the fact that some people may not like them. I just wanted to give as much detail about my personal experience in order to hopefully help out anyone who was considering this mod.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:15 PM
mdrobc13 is on a distinguished road
Ordered mine today. Will post my impressions later on.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:01 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by mdrobc13
Ordered mine today. Will post my impressions later on.
You're gonna love it!

Old 03-25-2010, 05:22 PM
type997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Rennsport-1
*Installation has to be done @ Champion Motorsport ( even if you buy through their dealer network)
Is there a core exchange option?

Old 03-26-2010, 06:12 AM
eathvy is on a distinguished road
Wouldn't be cheaper to buy the new porsche steering wheel, with the correct paddle setup, from suncoast?

Old 03-26-2010, 06:27 AM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by eathvy
Wouldn't be cheaper to buy the new porsche steering wheel, with the correct paddle setup, from suncoast?
For people that have the multifunction wheel and want to keep it and have paddles too this is probably their best option.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Banned
Staff@RPM will become famous soon enough
Some nice stuff coming out of Champion right now. Great work guys.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Champion Motorsport's NEW PDK paddle shifters