997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Booster seats in 997 Cabriolet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 10:39 AM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mousecrab
I have a cab and use those (Harmony or very close to). i did the mod and my girl can do the seatbelt by herself.
But honestly I wouldn't use these seats for a 3 year old. My girl is 7 1/2 already so I feel more comfortable with a booster.

I agree. My daughter is almost 8 and the tallest in her class and the booster is appropriate. (smartest, nicest and cutest too!)

For a younger child, use the Recaro Vivo. It will fit until you need to lift the back for additional height. It was pinching my daughter's shoulders, but that should not be a problem for your daughter for another 4 years. The Vivo is an excellent seat with great head protection for smaller kiddo's and a lot cheaper than the Porsche branded seat.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:01 AM
D-squared will become famous soon enoughD-squared will become famous soon enough
Recaro Vivos fit perfectly. I removed the Cab's rear seat bottoms and lumbar sections, and added seat belt extenders to make buckling in the kids easier.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:35 PM
ferrellmedia is on a distinguished road
I must agree, the Harmony YOUTH BOOSTER SEAT fits better in my 2007 cabriolet than the Porsche Junior, (which I have for sale for 100.00 for anyone interested).

I think the Porsche Junior may fit in a non cab or in a non BOSE system, not sure which is the problem because I have seen coupes with the porsche junior fitting.

I also know the porsche junior has that front buckle where the dealer can install a buckle in front of the passenger seat where when it's installed it AUOTMAGICALLY turns off the passenger airbag.

My boys will stay in the back with or without boosters until they fit in the front seat or they will ride with thier mother!

Old 01-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Sharkys will become famous soon enough
Now that I removed the back rest latch stop from the side of the rear interior wall, the Vivo fits great. The only problem now, is that I think the Vivos are narrow and are also pinching my daughters shoulders. May have to move to a booster only.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:46 PM
frontside720 will become famous soon enoughfrontside720 will become famous soon enough
Looking for some help on the Harmony. Can't find it anywhere!! I posted a new thread in 997 so help is appreciated.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:50 PM
frontside720 will become famous soon enoughfrontside720 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Musclehedz101
Thought i share this with the forum. I bought two Harmony Literider child booster seats for $14.00 each! ( http://www.walmart.com/ip/Harmony-Ju...-Pink/10992661 )

They fit very we'll in the rear seats of my 2007 997 C4S cab. The one downside I found were challenges with the spacing between the armrests and buckle. After reading a post on the Rennlist on a simple mod to resolve this. I went out to the garage and used my heat gun to perform the same mod. It worked out perfectly and now there is plenty of room for my girls to fasten the buckle themselves!

I used a bungee to pull the arm rests in while I used the heat gun to soften the plastic. Here are some pics.

BTW, Harmony Literider dimensions are 17"L x 16"W
Just did mine last night!! Works great!!

Now I have a Sunshine Kids for my 3yr old boy and an Apramo booster for my 5yr old girl. My son's turns 4 next weekend but he still needs to gain a few more pounds before he can use the Apramo.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:13 PM
nephew is on a distinguished road
As a previous poster indicated, by far the best fitting booster is the Fisher Price model. I have both the FP and the Recaro Vivo and it is no contest - the FP is narrower and fits better in the seat.

Separately, i took my 7-year old son (who is of average size) out of the booster because I felt it was actually less safe as the seat belt was too low and his head was positioned above the seat back when he was seated in the booster.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Roup1 is on a distinguished road
I bought the Harmony "Cruz" youth booster seat at Target today for $16.99. It fits perfectly in the back of my 2009 cab with no modification!

I'll post pics tomorrow.

Last edited by Roup1; 04-26-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Roup1 is on a distinguished road
Here are a couple of photos of the Harmony Cruz in action!

Attached Images