997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Highest horsepower NA 997

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 11:48 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Daren
My 06' C2S came in at 340 rwhp on a Mustang Dyno with Farnbacher Loles Power+ kit and LWFW.
Can you educate us and tell what is in the Power Kit?

Old 10-07-2009, 11:59 PM
Daren is on a distinguished road
The kit consists of: X51 air box, exhaust manifold, 200cel cats, muffler and ECU tune. Sorry for the poor image.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Daren; 10-08-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:28 AM
Ian_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to behold
The following comments are based on personal experience and endless discussions with tuners and Porsche racing shops here in the UK

If we're talking about the M97-engined 997S (I can't comment on the DFI engine yet) then the most you'll get from a non-X-51 engine is 385-390BHP (crank). To get this far, you'll need a full exhaust with headers and cat swap to 200-cell, at least a BMC filter to help air induction a little, a remap that works very well with the exhaust and 99-RON gas. There just isn't any more on the table with that engine. Period.

The X-51 motor has a little more scope as every part of the system has been adjusted to flow more air/gas. The weakest link is still the catalysers - in fact they are even more restrictive to the engine in this state of tune than they are with the stock 355BHP engine. Replacing the exhaust/cats on an X-51 engine will take you over 400BHP but the engine is now pretty well maxed out. A remap might find you 10BHP more if you're lucky. So 410-415 BHP is absolutely as far as this engine will go. To go further requires cams, more head work, larger valves and matching mapping. Easier (and less expensive) to go GT3

Last edited by Ian_UK1; 10-08-2009 at 06:52 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:38 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
The kit consists of: X51 air box, exhaust manifold, 200cel cats, muffler and ECU tune. Sorry for the poor image.
Very nice looking results. What is kinda interesting is how this tune of yours changed curves to be so smooth, it looks quite different from how it usually is - there are no lowering areas around 5.5K and 6.1K rpm at all.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/s...5.html?image=2'

Old 10-08-2009, 07:48 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by utkinpol
Very nice looking results. What is kinda interesting is how this tune of yours changed curves to be so smooth, it looks quite different from how it usually is - there are no lowering areas around 5.5K and 6.1K rpm at all.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/s...5.html?image=2'
Wow! That's true, the torque is not falling after 5k RPMs... This is the first 911 I have seen with a dyno result like that...

Old 10-08-2009, 07:51 AM
BTW the mods you have on the car are pretty amazing, add IPD Plenum and you'll be set Then you will have done all the possible mods to a 911 performance wise...

Old 10-08-2009, 07:54 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sin911
Wow! That's true, the torque is not falling after 5k RPMs... This is the first 911 I have seen with a dyno result like that...
Me too.
But I am a trustful person and just very glad there is someone out there who managed to remedy this issue and get such a nice flat torque curve across entire rpm area.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:54 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
BTW the mods you have on the car are pretty amazing, add IPD Plenum and you'll be set Then you will have done all the possible mods to a 911 performance wise...
You kidding right Sin? What about a SC? what about the suspension? There are a lot of mods for these cars. I am sure if people wanted to spend the money they could install X51 cams or even some other stuff.

With mods, anything is possible as long as someone is willing to pay for it.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
You kidding right Sin? What about a SC? what about the suspension? There are a lot of mods for these cars. I am sure if people wanted to spend the money they could install X51 cams or even some other stuff.

I was saying performance as in speed, of course you can improve the handling with suspension work I was just saying that it will be street ready, track is something different You mean Super Charger by SC, right? If you were I was talking about NA engine...

Suspension, removing the rear seats and such are for crazy guys who love to drive their cars to the limit on the track like us...

Old 10-08-2009, 08:02 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I was saying performance as in speed, of course you can improve the handling with suspension work I was just saying that it will be street ready, track is something different You mean Super Charger by SC, right? If you were I was talking about NA engine...

Suspension, removing the rear seats and such are for crazy guys who love to drive their cars to the limit on the track like us...
Yes the SC is a Super Charger, there is no such thing as being done when you are talking about mods

Old 10-08-2009, 08:04 AM
So, and you are not even gonna offer your famous blue pen $2 mod here? How come?

Old 10-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Yes the SC is a Super Charger, there is no such thing as being done when you are talking about mods
Some people use SC for Sports Chrono, that is why I asked You're right, it never ends... Look at what Blaktout did to his car, wow, what a list...

Old 10-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by utkinpol
So, and you are not even gonna offer your famous blue pen $2 mod here? How come?
You didn't seem interested, and the pen was $5, the make your own dyno chart was $2

Old 10-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Some people use SC for Sports Chrono, that is why I asked You're right, it never ends... Look at what Blaktout did to his car, wow, what a list...
I had my mods listed and was being put to shame by a number of others and there list of mods. I changed my signature after seeing lists that don't seem to stop.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:31 AM
You didn't seem interested, and the pen was $5, the make your own dyno chart was $2
Ok, I see, so it was only a 1 day special for tuned 3.6L engines but 340 mustang horses at wheels on C2S go with flying colors. I see, I see.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Highest horsepower NA 997