997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Highest horsepower NA 997

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Highest horsepower NA 997

Hey guys, after a couple searches I couldn't come up with anything on the topic, but I'm curious as to what the most whp our 997's are making and with what mods. Dyno sheets would be highly appreciated obviously to prove your claim. I figure the farthest I will go with my car engine and exhaust wise will be intake plenum, full exhaust, and intake and I would like to get an idea of what people are making with similar setups. Thanks for the help -Adam

Old 10-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Hey Adam,
I'm fastening my chinstrap in preparation for reading the responses your question will garner!

You'll hear anything and everything, and you can wade through it as you wish. I suspect you'll hear anything from (based off of an C2S at 355) 355 up through 415. I cannot personally imagine anything more than 390 without major engine changes, such as boring out the cylinders, changing rods, adding meth (colder air) to the intake air, etc. But people will post dyno sheets "proving" their gains, and I look forward to seeing them, should be interesting.

With all the mods I have (just about everything possible for hp gain other than forced induction), I'm interested in seeing what comes back.
CATTMAN

Old 10-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
The highest horsepower NA 997 is mine. I just know it.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:13 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Cattman, you car is disqualied, you have Turbo wheels and shifter.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:34 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Here's a recent dyno of my car but I suspect I'd only get 355hp on a Mustang dyno...

Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2009, 10:42 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
Here's a recent dyno of my car but I suspect I'd only get 355hp on a Mustang dyno...
Only 1114 Hp.... You need to get that power turbine thingy... that will give you like another 100Hp at least.

In all seriousness. My belief is 385hp is quite easily reached from a stock 355 997.1S with basic bolt-ons (intake, headers, cats, stoftware tune). With some clever tuning and some advanced mods (X51 manifold, GT3 TB) you might be able to squeeze out another few Hp's at the top end. 390Hp at the crank is probably the upper limit though. The next logical step would then be to start reducing the weight of the car.

Jason

Old 10-06-2009, 10:57 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
385hp (crank) is about the most we've seen... Put in a LWF whatever you do (you won't see that on a dyno) and it'll improve acceleration etc...

Last edited by sharkster; 10-07-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:05 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sharkster
385rwhp is about the most we've seen... Put in a LWF whatever you do (you won't see that on a dyno) and it'll improve acceleration etc...
385 RWHP?

I would like to see that recipe... thats well over 400hp at the crank

Mod list please!

Jason

Old 10-06-2009, 11:36 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
I assume that was a misstatement but it does highlight a problem. The numbers being requested are crank hp (e.g. 355). Wheel dynos measure RW(or AW) HP numbers. There is no (known) constant for power losses in the drivetrain, just estimates. Since we're looking for changes in as little as 5 hp (for example the 385 versus 390 numbers at stated) that variance and more can be explained in computing the drivetrain loss incorrectly. That combined with the variance in dynos makes all this a bit of a work and numbers game.
But at least we should be quoting dyno (or acceleration-derived) RW (or AW) HP numbers. They are the ones that count, no?

Originally Posted by JEllis
385 RWHP?

Mod list please!

Jason

Old 10-07-2009, 12:06 AM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Sorry if my original post was misunderstood into thinking I was curious of crank hp. I'm more concerned with whp.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:07 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JEllis
385 RWHP?

Mod list please!

Jason
bah late night to the crank... NOT to the wheels heh.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:57 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Put in a LWF whatever you do (you won't see that on a dyno) and it'll improve acceleration etc...
Yep, doing the LWFW made a difference I could feel, as RPM's spin up almost instantly. Won't change crank HP, but it certainly increases RWHP, as less power is lost in transfer from the crank to the wheels through spinning the heavier OEM FW.

LWFW and cats made the biggest impact on my S car. But as is noted, however, what they (and all my other mods, including the TT wheels and shifter, LOL!) add up to.
CATTMAN

Old 10-07-2009, 06:08 AM
dndodd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gpjli
The highest horsepower NA 997 is mine. I just know it.
+1, But I was thinking the same thing about my car!!

Old 10-07-2009, 05:28 PM
MichaelL will become famous soon enoughMichaelL will become famous soon enough
There are lengthy threads about this on the rennlist 997 forum. A search would be worth the trouble.

My 2S pulled 321 rwhp on AWE's Mustang dyno. Equipped with AWE headers, catalytics & mufflers; Evo airbox and GIAC reflash. With drivetrain loss correction factor of 15% (divide rwhp by .85), this could be 380+ cshp, 25 more than stock.

Cost, installed, around $6000+. Modifications on normally aspirated 997's don't give good bang for the buck, but there is no other reasonable way than forced induction.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Daren is on a distinguished road
My 06' C2S came in at 340 rwhp on a Mustang Dyno with Farnbacher Loles Power+ kit and LWFW.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Highest horsepower NA 997