997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Should I start the battle to return my 2009 997.2 C4 cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 08:15 AM
ShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I agree with you but I also feel the stress of getting a replacement car is not worth it . There are two similar instances which arose on the Turbo forum . One did as i suggested which was to sit down with his purchasing dealership and hedge the loss and reqest the car at cost . Another adamadely insisted on getting a new car . Months later he did claim that he did.

Here are there posts.
This owner opted to trade in his car https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...leak-saga.html

This owner did not ==
Here is his simlar plea https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...180-miles.html

months later he came back saying he got anew car --he did express that it was not easy https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ent-lemon.html
Yrallis - Thank you! Your post is incredibly helpful, exactly the sort of insight I was hoping to get on here. I am starting to work with the GM today (who also happens to be Herb Chambers son). I also have a contact at Porsche in Germany (I visited the factory late last year to spec my car before picking it up) that I am going to engage.

Regarding the tire: The second tire was the one I had just replaced and it was punctured (a rock maybe?) while I was driving down the highway just 5 days after I replaced it. At that time the dealer told me my only option was to spend another $600 and leave the car for 3 - 4 days to replace the tire for the second time in 5 days. I just couldn't do that so I had our area's best tire shop, DirectTire, fix it - which they did for FREE after hearing what had happened. Talk about amazing customer service . . . which I promptly rewarded by buying my winter wheels and tires from them.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Banned
Matt(in MA) is on a distinguished road
ShawnBoston...

I would suggest you bring your car to Westwood (Prime) Porsche for service. I purchased my 997 @ HC and had nothing but poor service and over charging $$. Sean at Westwood is easy to work with and his guys are commited to doing an excellent job.

Tell Sean Matt with the Green Boxster sent you... he'll know who you are taking about...we are having an issue with my wife's Boxster... while my 997 seems to be bullet proof the Boxster has been challenge....

Best of luck

Matt

Old 10-09-2009, 09:20 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Matt(in MA)
ShawnBoston...

I would suggest you bring your car to Westwood (Prime) Porsche for service. I purchased my 997 @ HC and had nothing but poor service and over charging $$. Sean at Westwood is easy to work with and his guys are commited to doing an excellent job.

Matt
Burlington place is bad - when I was to buy my car I called their sales manager which I contacted several times before during shopping to schedule PPI and he told me everything was all set - so on that day when seller drove from RI with car and I came there we were told by very arrogant young 'service manager' what he has no clue about any PPI`s, no one told him anything about it, his mechanics are all busy and there is nothing he can/want to do about it, he generally told us to go away. Extremely arrogant and snobby ***** and entire dealership smells like it. I still suspect it was scheduled like this in purpose because I wanted to buy C2S they had for 50K and they were firm on $54K - again, with ridiculous explanation: 'all prices are set in computer in centralized fashion and we do not negotiate asking price on pre-owned cars at all'. Well, so, you do not negotiate, fine, so I bought C2 for $14K less. Big deal.

So in despair I called to Westwood place and Sean had no issues at all with us coming by, was very accommodating and helpful, and I used his facility for several times already - did navigation and mobridge install there, and some other minor things. Facility at Westwood is just of different level compared to HC, you`ll see it yourself if you come there.

I would never go to Burlington HC ever again and will never buy from HC again.

Last edited by utkinpol; 10-09-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:01 AM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
They have special attorneys that deal in only this circumstance. I think you have a food to stand on and a ok argument.

DO NOT FORGET TO DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT EVERYTHING!!!! No matter what you go into the dealership for get documentation. This is your only way to win a argument that they not only sold a bad car but took your time..

GL!

Old 10-09-2009, 10:14 AM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
You're getting good advice in htis forum but a lot depends on the state's lemon laws. In general, it probably will be an easier path if you can have the issues adequately addressed by another dealership.

In response to your complaints about quality issues of the Porsche, I share your concern. I also don't think the paint is high quality which makes it even more impressive when you find a car a few years old that is perfect.

I just had an issue with the driver's seat shifting a mm or 2 upon take-off or breaking, and I was assured by the numbskull service writer that it was due to the power seat package. "Sorry about that sir; always a little bit of play in the seats....." Finally I got po'd, grabbed the shop foreman and demonstrated. He proceded to tighten about four bolts and I drove off happy. I've owned a lot of cars, mainly BMW's, and never had issures like these. I attribute it to the fact that Porsche puts their emphasis on the driveline, with fit and finish being second. I plan to drive it, enjoy it, and try not to focus on the inevitable rattles, groans, or the occasional **** falling off in my hand!

Old 10-09-2009, 10:23 AM
kiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to behold
My cousin has the exact same problems with his '09 C4S Cab. Its been at the dealership for over 60 days now! First it was "Emergency Trans. Run" error, then, high pressure fuel problem, now they say its LOW pressure fuel problem. A rep. from Porsche had to come down to look at the car, it crapped out on him during his test drive, and had to tow it back to the dealer. Its crapped out on the freeway at 75MPH, and couple times on the tech at the dealer. My cousin has a lawyer involved, and I think he should have an answer within a few weeks. They don't know what the problem is at this point, and my cousin is just waiting from Porsche.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:14 PM
ShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud of
Just heard from the dealer with the latest update.

The service department is completely stumped and they referred it to Porsche. Porsche also doesn't know what to make of it and have advised the dealer to remove the driver's seat (!?) to try to see if a sensor under the seat has gone bad. If it's not that, they don't know what the problem is.

I'm going in to talk to the GM face/face tomorrow and I have to believe that, in light of the above, it will be difficult not to acknowledge that this car has some issues. Stay tuned.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:48 PM
RH512 is on a distinguished road
Just wondered how this worked out? It's a month later now.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Still something of a work in progress. Suffice it to say, I am still in the process of working with PCNA and I am essentially satisfied with their response at this point.

More importantly, I have had the car back for 3 weeks and have not had another issue with it. Assuming that continues, I hope to get years of happy motoring out of it.

Shawn

Old 11-09-2009, 01:07 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ShawnBoston
Still something of a work in progress. Suffice it to say, I am still in the process of working with PCNA and I am essentially satisfied with their response at this point.

More importantly, I have had the car back for 3 weeks and have not had another issue with it. Assuming that continues, I hope to get years of happy motoring out of it.

Shawn
you mean all issues are gone? or what work in progress do you mean?

Old 11-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Sorry about being so vague. I am reluctant to go into too much detail because I am still negotiating with PCNA (that's what I mean about it being a work in progress) and they are rather adamant about confidentiality.

To answer your questions about the status of the car: All outstanding items have been fixed and the car has been running properly for the last few weeks. As a result, I an not currently planning to return the car.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:59 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Fascinating. Great to hear that you are not planning to return it and all seems to be running well - that's the best and easiest possible outcome.
But what's this about confidentiality?? Did they make you sign a confidentiality agreement? What is the consequence if you disclose something? You are keeping the car, but they still may give you something? Sometimes lack of disclosure is more intriguing than the actual information!

Old 11-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Keep in mind that when you go to sell that car, the repeated service issues are on record. I'd personally never take a second look at a car with that many service visits for the countless "issues" you have encountered. Just something to remember when it comes time for sale. If you trade it in, I suppose it's not such a big deal.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Obie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by utkinpol
I would never go to Burlington HC ever again and will never buy from HC again.
+1 on Herb Chambers. They treated me very badly when I was trying to buy one of there cars. I dealt with the SM there, Michael Fernandes, who was a complete jerk. He never called me back after we verbally reached a deal. When I finally got him by repeatedly calling him, he told me that I was lucky he even picked up as it was his day off. Email and message to Herb himself was never answered. All this BS on their site about how they want to hear from their customers.....

Old 11-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Banned
Luca Brazzi will become famous soon enough
!

Originally Posted by ShawnBoston
I have just returned (without my car) from the dealership due to the latest mechanical/system failures with my car and I would like some input before I start to seek redress from the dealer and/or PCNA.

In the past 50 days, the following things have failed/broken on my car (5600 miles, purchased 6 months ago):

- High pressure fuel pump - without car for 17 days
- Right rear tire - replaced, without car for 4 days
- Right rear tire (yes, the one that I just replaced) - repaired
- Windshield cracked - replaced
- Drive off assistant - at dealer, still being diagnosed. the dealer says the car is not safe to drive because the failure can keep the car from going into gear (not sure how that is possible since it is a manual)
- Air conditioning system failure - at dealer, still being diagnosed
- Radiator fan control failure - at dealer, still being diagnosed

On average, it has taken 4 - 5 days alone for parts to arrive so that repairs can be attempted and the dealer currently has no ETA on when they will know the source of the latest three problems.

Like most of you, I consider myself an auto enthusiast and I felt tremendous pride when I was finally able to buy my first 911. Needless to say, my disappointment in the quality of the car, it's fragility (tires/glass), and Porsche's parts inventory/shipping practices is extremely high.

I now have zero confidence in this particular vehicle and my confidence in Porsche quality overall is quite low.

What do all of you think, have I reached sufficient critical mass to be justified in seeking to return my vehicle? If so, what process would you suggest I take? I have not yet involved the GM at my dealership or called PCNA (I am planning to do both ).
Maybe your car was built during Oktoberfest!
Seriously though, I feel sorry for you. You really can't make a case of tires and windshield, those are wear and tear items. Tires you would have to balk at the tire company and glass will obviously break if hit hard enough or just right. As far as the actualy mechanical issues, check the lemon laws, I think in NY it is 3 times the same serious problem occurs, constitutes it as a lemon. Not sure up in Mass, only thing I am sure about is that the Sox didnt make it this year! I dont think you really have a leg to stand on right now, but I would express my concerns and state that you hope it does not wind up a lemon under the law, then they might make double sure that when you get the car back, all is good. Good Luck!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should I start the battle to return my 2009 997.2 C4 cab