997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Replacement For The "Lemon" Is IN !!!!

Old 08-07-2008, 11:08 PM
SaintlySins has a spectacular aura aboutSaintlySins has a spectacular aura about
Replacement For The "Lemon" Is IN !!!!

Hey,
Remember me … I had the factory custom 997 Turbo Cab which ended up with a bad engine at only 180 miles, then fought the powers at Porsche & PCNA to replace the entire car?
Well, some of you didn’t think I’d ever win, suggested I give up and accept a replacement engine, while others supported my stance on insisting on a complete replacement car over a rebuilt engine.
(Follow this link to old forum: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo/125918-need-help-bad-engine-only-180-miles.html )
At the end of my last post I stated I got what I was after, and several of you from both sides of the argument congratulated me … and I thank you all. I was able to get more out of Porsche and PCNA than even I thought was possible. It seems there’s a lot of departments and divisions, yet they don’t talk to each other. So deals were made with each department and division independently of each other. It really was the most bizarrely arranged compensation I could have ever imagined, yet I do feel royally compensated for the angst and anguish this ordeal gave me. <O</O
Well, the replacement car came in today – and all I can say is: YEEEEEEEEAH!!!! Worth 100% of the fight! Also came to find out the first one ended going back … all the way back to Germany! So my custom-designed version is still a ‘one-and-only’! ! !
Massaging the peddle with my right foot is incredibly rewarding and I reveled in the way the car reacted to each input! The whole drive home became a little surreal as I had just done it several months earlier before the first one was declared a lemon, so I decided half way home to take a route so contradictory to taking the shortest route between two points! And what a great ride it was! Top down, no traffic, 75 degrees, stereo cranked … and laying waste to anyone who dare challenge the power the car has, yet never took the tachometer much past the half-way-to-red-line zone.
Stayed out for 2 hours. Thankfully there’s a windshield on these sleds as there was NO WAY to pull my lips over the teeth-bearing-grin on my face, and I’d have spent hours picking the bugs out of my teeth!
Supposed to be a fantastic weekend in North Jersey, so I’ll be detailing the sled from top to tires! Can’t wait to get the break-in miles on the clock and start to really enjoy the full abilities of my new sled! ! !<O</O
Thanks everyone for the support, help and suggestions. It was a long road, but now that it’s here … the way I wanted … WITHOUT COMPRIMISE … I couldn’t be happier.
<O</O
Now I’ll be surfing the site for the best rim selection …
<O</O
Thanks again everyone,

Old 08-07-2008, 11:23 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I remember you and re read the thread . I can only imagine what you must have been through but you are here now and things are good . In my opinion --that's great !!!!!!!

All I can say is --enjoy that car !!!!

Old 08-07-2008, 11:26 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Congrats. May this be a precedent set for us all in case of catastrophic problems

Old 08-08-2008, 12:25 AM
SaintlySins has a spectacular aura aboutSaintlySins has a spectacular aura about
“ECLOU” is so right on! Your reference of making this a “precedent” is exactly the attitude required by multiple people to make Porsche and PCNA change the way they deal with situations that go wrong.
It’s really a shame how the powers at PCNA handled this case. As I put up the ‘good-fight’ it was really obvious I became a major pain in their A$$, and it wore them down enough they gave in. Met a few people along the path to my solution, and it seems they all (except one) had to put up the same, endless, fight. More than one PCNA employee said they never knew anyone who wouldn’t accept what Porsche offers … and no one internally knew how to handle that situation. It was bizarre they really didn’t know how to handle a fight-for-themselves client with a different idea of what would be acceptable solution(s).
They’re a big spoiled baby who’ve been getting away with inadequate service to clients for way too long, and they need more spankings.
Go for it everyone.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:26 AM
memo is on a distinguished road
Congrats man on the new car!! All the hard work fighting with Porsche, now, it is time to enjoy the new TT!!

Old 08-08-2008, 04:45 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Pictures would help this thread. Congrats on the replacement.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:00 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
good job fellow tribesman.... I am really happy to hear that you got what you wanted, but also what you deserved. Congrats on taking all the way and enjoy the new cab for many healthy miles

Old 08-08-2008, 08:56 AM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Great news! I am glad everything worked out and you are now able to enjoy your car.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:35 AM
hidesert will become famous soon enough
Congrats! Now, pics.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Thanks gentlemen!
Pic's are coming ... right after this weekend's detailing.
Looks like "another" order for Eric & Bumper Plugs is also in order.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:08 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Congratulations!! I am really happy for you. I guess PCNA just figures if they jerk people around long enough, they'll just give up. good for you for not caving. I'm not sure I'd be able to see it thru.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:41 PM
cayenned has a spectacular aura aboutcayenned has a spectacular aura about
Congrats, good to know everything is good in the long run, let's see some pics!

Old 08-08-2008, 03:28 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
congrat but..

Old 08-08-2008, 08:08 PM
jpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nice
Originally Posted by OC Pcar
congrats but..

what he said....

Old 08-08-2008, 08:27 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
+1....Congrats.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Replacement For The "Lemon" Is IN !!!!