997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My white car is harder to maintain than my black car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 04:38 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I see post after post with the basic theme of the drama of black car cleanliness .. Haha .

Now it's true that one of my 997S cars was silver and that was a breeze but this white car is not easy to keep clean .

With black the issues seem to be how the paint shows dust or swirls and maybe its from so many years of black cars that i have mastered the art of careful washing . Plus now that i found El Chino the detailer I would laugh in the face of dust.

But the white car is a different species when it come to cleaning . I don't worry about dust or swirls as much but it sure has other things to awaken concern .

1) A rock chip nicked my front bumper . On a black car it's hardly visible but on a white car it becomes a spectacle. I will probably use some touch up paint because it is so small .

2) I am not placing film on my car which can yellow and with a white car its very visible.

3) A scuff mark on the door sill on a black car is a nuisance but on a white car it's an immediate eyesore .

4) Most people see a black car and if its clean they are amazed. If it's dirty that's what they expected . With a white car that's not the case .

Larry,
If u opt for the GT3 rocks,dirt, and tar just jump OFF the car

Jim

Old 10-19-2009, 05:20 AM
YZWILLY is a jewel in the roughYZWILLY is a jewel in the roughYZWILLY is a jewel in the rough
clean

my car is so fast it eludes the dirt, silver is a great dirt screen, but black adn white when do up, look incredible, ps keep it covered.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:04 AM
Lostturbo has a spectacular aura aboutLostturbo has a spectacular aura about
Meteor Gray ............always looks good. I've had both black & white, blacks just toooo much work.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:44 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adias
I see. It is a garage queen. I am sorry you do not enjoy driving your car.
, i have to work hard, so yes it stays in the garage alot, at least my value will stay up, with the low miles i will keep on it. But when i do get a chance, any minute i have free time i take it out, and i drive long and hard. Only if i had the time to drive all day, 7 days a week, it would be cool.