997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche Factory Tour Show

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 07:29 AM
Banned
Sargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by adias
Noticed that engines are cold-tested (sans fluids) and apparently not hot-tested? That gives new meaning to break-in...
Show was great and I noticed that as well. What is the deal w/ the breakin period? My dealer tells me not to sweat it, cause they basically do it at the factory for you, with all the testing, etc. I have 800 on the clock now and cant stand shifting @ 4,200 like the book says till I reach 2k miles. Car begs to be driven beyond!!

Old 10-24-2009, 11:20 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sargepug
Show was great and I noticed that as well. What is the deal w/ the breakin period? My dealer tells me not to sweat it, cause they basically do it at the factory for you, with all the testing, etc. I have 800 on the clock now and cant stand shifting @ 4,200 like the book says till I reach 2k miles. Car begs to be driven beyond!!
The engine is NOT broken in a the factory. Your dealer is wrong... and if I were you I would get that statement from the dealer in writing and if the engine breaks you are covered.

Last edited by adias; 10-24-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Banned
Sargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by adias
The engine is NOT broken in a the factory. Your dealer is wrong... and if I were you I would get that statement from the dealer in writing and if the engine brakes you are covered.
lol, regardless I am following the book, so no worries. I think a lot would disagree w/ you here from what I read before. A lot on this board have said not to worry about break-in, but I am with you.