997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Just got screwed by Champion Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 04:38 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjparkusa
Found an 09 C4S, made a deposit, received the purchase agreement, faxed over all of my paper work. They just emailed me and said sorry owner wants $2k more because they just realized they had lo-jack installed on it! I know these guys filed for bankruptcy earlier this year but with practices like this, they are not going to do much better.
That sucks . Beyond the bait and switch I does lo jack even cost 2k?
Get yoir deposit back first . If you are lookinng in Fla send me a PM and I'd be glad to give a referrral .

Old 10-22-2009, 04:43 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rennsport-1
You can also try Dustin Smith @ Gossett Porsche in Memphis. We have bought a lot of cars from him in the past and have nothing but excellent things to say.
I recall he used to post here on 6 and back then a lot of forum members had written a lot of praise . I have occasionally looked at the website and each time they did not have a large inventory .

Old 10-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Banned
997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I recall he used to post here on 6 and back then a lot of forum members had written a lot of praise . I have occasionally looked at the website and each time they did not have a large inventory .
They certainly aren't the largest dealership out there however Dustin always goes the extra mile for me. He will do his best to track down the vehicle that you are looking for and swap it into his inventory.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:10 PM
jjparkusa is on a distinguished road
Get yoir deposit back first . If you are lookinng in Fla send me a PM and I'd be glad to give a referrral .
I told them that it seemed high for a lo jack and they said that they also had to perform two PDI's on the car (some kind of dealer inspection) which they need to recover! There is no way that I would buy this car from these guys even if they honored the original price. It's pretty sad when the world's largest Porsche dealer behaves like this.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:14 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VSE Chuck
they did you a favor...who knows what else they "forgot" to tell you
For all I know it could be true...

Old 10-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Banned
Sargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of lightSargepug is a glorious beacon of light
Found an 09 C4S, made a deposit, received the purchase agreement, faxed over all of my paper work. They just emailed me and said sorry owner wants $2k more because they just realized they had lo-jack installed on it! I know these guys filed for bankruptcy earlier this year but with practices like this, they are not going to do much better.
Owner? Owner of dealership?? What was your deal, you should have got at least 15 - 20% off sticker in todays market

Old 10-22-2009, 05:23 PM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by wa1l1in
i looked around at florida dealers and got nothing but high prices and lack of customer service.

-alex

I hear you! I've never been able to buy a car from my local dealer because of being completely intransigent and out of touch with the competition. When I bought my Carrera S, the dealer I bought it from gave me $5k more on my '04 C4S trade and $3k off MSRP on the finalized order. They also let me keep all the goodies I put into it like the CD changer, full carbon fiber interior and the Aerokit which I was able to resell all of these for and extra $6k.

Some guys further south are even more ridiculous! I'll be keeping my '06 C2S for a while longer. It's as if they were delusional.

The guys south of me were asking 2 days ago $104,900 on a 9800 mile 2007 GT3 with the most basic of specifications. The car had signs that it has been tracked (it's a GT3 after all) but it was not even 100% cosmetically correct. They were going to "make a deal" by reducing it to $98k Are you kidding me? A new 2010 has a sticker of ~ $112k even though I may not be able to just order one. That car is a sub $90k car in the condition it was and with not a single option on it! Unless manual sports seats were an extra cost option, there was nothing else in it. God only knows how much they gave the previous owner as a trade in value.

Stealerships nowadays should know that we can find deals across the nation and are more than willing to travel to get the right car at the right price if it is cost effective. No longer can they sit on their laurels as if it were a local market they have.

By the way, the guys south of me are not Champion. It's too bad the OP had a bad experience with them as I bought my '06 C2S from them and have had a few experiences with them and all have been positive. Maybe it's a sign of the times?

Old 10-22-2009, 05:29 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
exactly! I have LoJack and it does NOT cost 2k....go elsewhere and get a car...Good luck! and glad you caught it!

Old 10-22-2009, 05:30 PM
gray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Rennsport-1
They certainly aren't the largest dealership out there however Dustin always goes the extra mile for me. He will do his best to track down the vehicle that you are looking for and swap it into his inventory.
I am from St. Louis but bought my car from Dustin @ Gossett in Memphis. He also swapped the car I wanted from another dealer. Highly recommended!

Old 10-22-2009, 05:57 PM
gjnockie is on a distinguished road
I am in S Florida and I bought my car at Braman in Palm Beach. They were great, fair deal and Lo Jack cost me about $500.00 installed, not 2G's. They also treat me like gold in the service dept, very happy with them!

I didn't even shop Champion and they are about 30 miles from me.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:05 PM
I told them that it seemed high for a lo jack and they said that they also had to perform two PDI's on the car (some kind of dealer inspection) which they need to recover! There is no way that I would buy this car from these guys even if they honored the original price. It's pretty sad when the world's largest Porsche dealer behaves like this.
Buying a car of this caliber ought to be a happy experience . I have bought 1/2 my cars from Champion and omce upon a time they were outstanding.

The other half I bought from the Collection . After over 10 years and 9 Porsches between the two I have alays felt most happy at The Collection . In fact recently a forum member asked me for a referral and he bought the car. He was from out of state and drove the car home . https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rbo-owner.html

Price negotiations depend on the moment but if you had adeal , with a deposit, and faxed paperwork .. then there's no excuse for a sudden change at any point .

Make sure you get your deposit back or express to any dealership that you already have a deposit and want to see what they can do in case you face hedging a loss . A dealership in bankrupcy with your money already in their pocket doesn't have much to lose.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:05 PM
w00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to behold
I'm getting flashbacks. I bought a used C2S, and after putting down 10k, signing all the paperwork I get a call from my sales guy telling me i'd need to pay an extra 3Gs since they had just realized to safety it, they needed to put two new rear tires, a new windshield (looked fine to me) and replace a bent rim

Needless to say i took my money back and went somewhere else, and NOT ONCE did they try to keep me as a customer

Some of these dealers have a sense of entitlement, drives me nuts, I'm the customer!!

w

Old 10-23-2009, 10:07 AM
wilfred is on a distinguished road
$2k for lojack? Every car I have lojack installed was $695, from Toyota to Porsche. $695 is the MSRP per lojack. I know some dealers will mark-up or discount a little bit but 3x the MSRP is too much!

Also, everyone I bought was installed afterward. Even if the dealer said it was installed but it is not. I believe it has to do with overhead.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:44 PM
jjparkusa is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Sargepug
Owner? Owner of dealership?? What was your deal, you should have got at least 15 - 20% off sticker in todays market
I asked the salesman, Frank Tornow, if I could speak to the owner and he said that the owner doesn't talk to customers. I was getting a bit less than a 20% discount.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:00 PM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
No, it doesn't. Park Place offered it to me in Dallas for a grand.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just got screwed by Champion Porsche