997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

'05 997S: Caring, Loving, Perfection has become a burdon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 12:12 PM
princealidds is on a distinguished road
I like my C4S but not in love if that makes sense..... Coming from an 08 M5 fully loaded, which was a mix of luxury & power, the C4S is a beauty to look & handles like a dream, but the lack of "power" is getting to me. Perhaps the perfect car would be the new 2010 Porsche Turbo, but dam its $$$$

Attached Images  
Old 11-02-2009, 01:05 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by princealidds
I like my C4S but not in love if that makes sense..... Coming from an 08 M5 fully loaded, which was a mix of luxury & power, the C4S is a beauty to look & handles like a dream, but the lack of "power" is getting to me. Perhaps the perfect car would be the new 2010 Porsche Turbo, but dam its $$$$
If sheer power is what you are after, get a Viper.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:58 PM
princealidds is on a distinguished road
I think you may have missed my point.....

Old 11-02-2009, 04:26 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Holy crap you guys! I've only had mine 6 months and what bugs me the most is being SO worried about where I park it. I need a Civic like Larry, so I can drive it to the mall! But then I wouldn't drive it, so I'm screwed too! The heck with it, I'm going to keep driving it and if it gets dinged, it gets dinged. Leaving for a spin home this very minute...

Old 11-02-2009, 04:36 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Just look at it this way...It's Just A Car! If getting rid of it will lead to less stress, that would be a wise choice.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:07 PM
07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough
This happens to me quite often. Best thing to do. Park it(garage preferably) and walk away. Come back in a day or two. But whatever you do..don't sell. Unless replacing with another car that suites your fancy. It's genetic. You can't help it. The 'car bug' is in all of us. You will not be happy unless it's some expensive, high performance car, Don't deny it..just accept it!!

Old 11-02-2009, 07:56 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Hahahaha, I know how you feel.

I have a E36 M3 that has gone from stock, to modded, to stock, to heavely modded, back to stock again for one real reason. Not doing things right the first time.

When I modded the M3 I cut corners, I bought the cheaper CO's instead of the ones I really wanted or the somewhat nice used wheels over the new ones I really wanted and ended up with a tuned M3 that was a culmination of random parts and a car that was much different than my original vision.

With my 997S, I have spared no expense getting the exact mods I want. Moreover, I started with a vision in my mind. A clear set goal of the mods I wanted and why and an overall look I wanted to achieve. I am not done yet but I am close. I have also been careful to avoid those mods that come with risks and understood that a stiff suspension brings a stiff ride and sometimes rattles.

Jason

Old 11-02-2009, 08:32 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Cattman, your crazy!

You know when you do start changing it you will find another way to mod it and improve it.

If you don't care about the car, take it to the track, let her rip and have fun!

Old 11-03-2009, 12:53 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
Ugh, I am just exhausted, no pun intended, with my '05 997S. I have done just about every mod, at least twice, and done most of the work myself. I've spent a small fortune to make this car perfect, and I'm tired of it, I'm just done!

I want to leave it by the side of the road and walk away and buy a new M3 or a 997TT, or maybe, just for the heck of not caring anymore, a Wrangler.

I have been driving my car for over a month with half the interior in bits across my garage as I one by one isolate and conquer various rattles with excessive use of felt tape, furniture pads, and weather stripping.

I've repainted interior bits to suit my taste.

I've bolted on every non forced-induction mod there is in the unholy pursuit of power.

I am done, and want to kill this car- I hate the thing I once loved! I think maybe I should clean it up, put it all back together, restore it to stock, sell all the bits, and buy a Wrangler that I don't care about.

Caring has become a burdon, damnit.
CATTMAN
Wow . It makes sense that there's some frustration associated with a car project but do you only feel the negative ? I ask this because it's common to read an emotional essay depicting an all positive or an all negative outlook .

I often wonder why people can't examine all sides of an emotion. You did say you "once loved it" and now you don't . Is it just that car ? Or is it that moving on pits you agaist the uncertainty about caring about a 997tt versus a worry free wrangler ?

Even if you have a wrangler wouldn't you care a little bit even about that car ? Maybe it woild have less worry but it still requires care and with that it means it can take up time too.

I can't advise how someone else can feel. All I can share is that I love my cars and accept the frustration and challenges of the time I have with each . I may keep a car many years and sometimes only a few months , or even a few days but I make the most out of every moment I have with them .

Old 11-03-2009, 02:10 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ryem3
No reason to stress. The project is done. Time to move to the next project. Got my M3 perfect, time to sell it!
Oh and I absolutely go back to the dealer for rattles. That's why you paid out the butt to get the damn car with a warranty! For Cattman, life has entered the misery of the no warranty period...
you always have the right choice of words, ryem3....
sorry a little of topic, are you coming to the wine run on the 15th in LI, Porsche only though....

Old 11-03-2009, 02:11 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by princealidds
seems to me you and i may be running into the same problem.....

Old 11-03-2009, 10:10 AM
bonfire is just really nicebonfire is just really nicebonfire is just really nicebonfire is just really nice
I know the feeling. I have a '73 VW bus. Currently being daily'd with no interior, no heat, loud as hell inside as there is no interior to dampen the noise.

Being a student I just can't afford to build a new interior for it. Some days I just want to through that thing in the damn garbage. But then I take it for a spirited drive and all is well again, and I realize just how much fun it is owning that thing.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:52 AM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
I had an '08 M3 (always spotless) that I was paranoid to take anywhere...I purchased it new (hence, no dings or scratches). The stress of driving it made me insane.

I sold the M3 and bought an '07 997, complete with door dings and even the token scratch on the bumper. Now, I can park it anywhere without the stress of getting that first scratch. I even let the brake dust build up once in awhile. What have I learned: Why own a car if you can't enjoy it.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:41 AM
talkinghead is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 911cv
I had an '08 M3 (always spotless) that I was paranoid to take anywhere...I purchased it new (hence, no dings or scratches). The stress of driving it made me insane.
Originally Posted by 911cv

I sold the M3 and bought an '07 997, complete with door dings and even the token scratch on the bumper. Now, I can park it anywhere without the stress of getting that first scratch. I even let the brake dust build up once in awhile. What have I learned: Why own a car if you can't enjoy it.

How funny, I did exactly the same thing....afraid to take the M3 to the movies, sold it. Forward 5 years,( I guess poor memory), and I have an 09 that "I'm afraid to take anywhere" arrrgh! Then I just saw nugget's post over on rennlist.......double arrrgh!

Old 11-03-2009, 11:47 AM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
This is the first used car I have ever purchased and I can't be happier. The car has already been scratched (it even has curb rash) and depreciated more than 40%....what's there to worry about

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '05 997S: Caring, Loving, Perfection has become a burdon