997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I made the step - new 997 in the house

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 05:55 AM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by geestyleed
Thats awful - I even dont have the car and I start to think about mod s
and that's wrong how?

Congrats on the new ride and drive her in good health!

Old 12-09-2009, 07:26 AM
Atxjaz is on a distinguished road
Congratulations! I'm actually shopping for a similar car and have a question for you, but I can't PM you cuz I'm too much of a noob on this site. Maybe you can PM me and I can write back?

Thanks and congratulations again....hopefully I'll be in the same boat in the near future.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Atxjaz is on a distinguished road
Hey Gee,

Thanks for getting back to me...I tried to PM you but the system still won't let me. So I guess I'll throw some questions your way publicly.

I've recently starting looking at CPO 997 coupes. My search started when I came across a 996 C4S, but that deal fell through and now that I've driven a 997, I'm not too sad that I missed out on that car.

Most of the CPO market that I'm finding is about 3 hours away from where I live. It looks like your car is coming from a distance away. Do you have any recommendations as to what information to get on the car over the phone before sealing a deal? Questions to ask, things to look out for? I do plan on driving out to lay eyes and hands on a car before bringing it home, but would like to rule out any cars which may end up being a waste of time.

You also mentioned that the only bad point to the car was that it's a 2005. Is that concern alleviated by the fact that it's a CPO? The cars I'm considering are '05 CPOs.

As for pricing: I'm looking at getting into a car with <30k miles. In your recent experience what kind of pricing did you see? I was thinking $45K would reasonable? I know a big part of that is how the car is optioned, but what were you seeing on average? I'm rarely finding anything with under 30k miles for under $50k.

Love your car by the way...black on tan looks G!

Thanks for any input

Old 12-09-2009, 12:27 PM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
nice I have same interior on basalt black love it Looks like the leather color on a ferrari will get dirty easily, but cleans up just as easily only real drawback, is that you will get significant "glare" on the front dashboard when driving into the sun not a major safety issue, but somewhat annoying nonetheless

Old 12-09-2009, 12:34 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Thanks guys.

I know it kind of a bit ridiculous to put a "S"-Style on a normal Carrera, but somehow I like the style of the exhausts and the red calipers - and when I start with this stuff I want to make it complete "S"-look-a-like.

Do you think a red "S" emblem will look good or should I god for the stock coloured? (Remark: red calipers + red emblem = uniform).

Can I get anywhere "S"-Door sill plates?

Thats awful - I even dont have the car and I start to think about mods

Go ahead! Add the S model designation on the rear hatch, replace door sills, replace brakes, replace the 3.6l engine, add PASM (if you do not have it), and all the other bits I forgot to make it an S.

Poseur alert!

Old 12-09-2009, 01:35 PM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Dude...if you put all the "S" stuff on it, and its not an "S", thats in poor taste....in fact, why not replace the rear deck lid with the "TURBO" badge...its just as bad.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Jalbrah is on a distinguished road
Congrats! Got mine about 1 month ago and love it. Would you mind telling us how much you paid for it?

Thx

Old 12-09-2009, 02:15 PM
geestyleed is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jalbrah
Congrats! Got mine about 1 month ago and love it. Would you mind telling us how much you paid for it?

Thx
I paid 43.000$ incl. tax, all other costs and shipping.

First I get the clearside markers and the rest is cancelled - your objections make sense. Except perhaps some other exhaust tips

Originally Posted by Atxjaz
Hey Gee,

Thanks for getting back to me...I tried to PM you but the system still won't let me. So I guess I'll throw some questions your way publicly.

I've recently starting looking at CPO 997 coupes. My search started when I came across a 996 C4S, but that deal fell through and now that I've driven a 997, I'm not too sad that I missed out on that car.

Most of the CPO market that I'm finding is about 3 hours away from where I live. It looks like your car is coming from a distance away. Do you have any recommendations as to what information to get on the car over the phone before sealing a deal? Questions to ask, things to look out for? I do plan on driving out to lay eyes and hands on a car before bringing it home, but would like to rule out any cars which may end up being a waste of time.

You also mentioned that the only bad point to the car was that it's a 2005. Is that concern alleviated by the fact that it's a CPO? The cars I'm considering are '05 CPOs.

As for pricing: I'm looking at getting into a car with <30k miles. In your recent experience what kind of pricing did you see? I was thinking $45K would reasonable? I know a big part of that is how the car is optioned, but what were you seeing on average? I'm rarely finding anything with under 30k miles for under $50k.

Love your car by the way...black on tan looks G!

Thanks for any input
Hey,
I bought this car completly unseen.
They dealership send me the pictures I wanted(seat condition,PCM, "Plasticbuttons", paint), I recived the CPO-Log, Carfax, etc.

Normally I wouldnt bought a 2005 without CPO, because of the IMS Failure. Late 2005(Model 2006) are better in this case.

About the pricing/ market I dont have that good overview. I had another 911 for choice - 2006 with Sport Exhausts, CPO and about 30.000mls for 46.900$ - I could have get it for 45.000 incl Shipping.

You are right - the choice isnt that big on good 997 under 45.000$ with CPO. I would try to contact dealerships with cars between 45 and 50.000$ - I can always try to haggle.

Several 911 havent been sold for months! Started at 50.000$ now 42.000$ (2005, CPO, 32k mls)

Last edited by geestyleed; 12-09-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:37 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
I paid 43.000$ incl. tax, all other costs and shipping.

First I get the clearside markers and the rest is cancelled - your objections make sense. Except perhaps some other exhaust tips

Good! Enjoy your car for what it is. Respect it!

P.S. - I would not change the tips either. Now... you can add legitimate options, like bi-Xenon if you do not have them.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:53 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys.

I know it kind of a bit ridiculous to put a "S"-Style on a normal Carrera, but somehow I like the style of the exhausts and the red calipers - and when I start with this stuff I want to make it complete "S"-look-a-like.

Do you think a red "S" emblem will look good or should I god for the stock coloured? (Remark: red calipers + red emblem = uniform).

Can I get anywhere "S"-Door sill plates?

Thats awful - I even dont have the car and I start to think about mods
If you want to convert it into 'S' - it is a waste of time. TPC currently searches for base 3.6L car to put turbo in it - contact them, and for $9K your car will put all those 'S' owners into complete shame when you`ll get 500+ horses. Look up that thread about new turbo prototype for details.

Old 12-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by utkinpol
If you want to convert it into 'S' - it is a waste of time. TPC currently searches for base 3.6L car to put turbo in it - contact them, and for $9K your car will put all those 'S' owners into complete shame when you`ll get 500+ horses. Look up that thread about new turbo prototype for details.
Right. How many miles till a catastrophic IMF collapse?

Old 12-09-2009, 04:44 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by adias
Right. How many miles till a catastrophic IMF collapse?
actually, IMF should not be relevant there at all. I would suspect valves to go first, then cylinders, but who knows what are actual limits of those engines. a lot of folks drive on FI 997.1 cars and could not be happier.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by utkinpol
actually, IMF should not be relevant there at all. I would suspect valves to go first, then cylinders, but who knows what are actual limits of those engines. a lot of folks drive on FI 997.1 cars and could not be happier.
Those for sure, but I think that an already weak IMF bearing would explode.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by adias
Those for sure, but I think that an already weak IMF bearing would explode.
Why? It will get no additional pressure from extra compression generated by turbo. Dual row IMF bearing gets destroyed primarily and (imho) solely from lack of lubrication. In any 2006+ car it should no longer be the issue.

Last edited by utkinpol; 12-09-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:13 PM
krown05 is on a distinguished road
Congrats! You're gonna love it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I made the step - new 997 in the house