997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 rear diffusers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Koby will become famous soon enough
997.2 rear diffusers?

anyone else noticed that there is a big gap in the market for 997.2 rear diffusers?

only know of the techart and champion werks diffusers for the 2009+ cars... any others i'm missing?

been trying to find something but falling short...

Old 12-02-2009, 08:54 AM
carfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura about
The thing is that they are too expensive...

Techart about $ 800.00 and Champion about $ 2,400.00

Those are ridiculous prices for cosmetic add ons

Old 12-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by carfan
The thing is that they are too expensive...

Techart about $ 800.00 and Champion about $ 2,400.00

Those are ridiculous prices for cosmetic add ons
Keep in mind that a rear diffuser is not just a cosmetic add-on. It is a VERY functional part for anyone who regularly tracks their car or drives at high speeds (where allowed).

Old 12-02-2009, 11:59 AM
carfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
Keep in mind that a rear diffuser is not just a cosmetic add-on. It is a VERY functional part for anyone who regularly tracks their car or drives at high speeds (where allowed).
This applies to the Champion one, but not to the difusor of Techart

Or am I wrong ? Can you post bottom pics ?

Old 12-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
This applies to the Champion one, but not to the difusor of Techart

Or am I wrong ? Can you post bottom pics ?
Here are some pictures of the Werks1 997.2 rear diffusor installed. I don't have any pics of the TechArt piece unfortunately.

Name:  New997DFIRearDiffuser3.jpg
Views: 2195
Size:  57.9 KB
Name:  New997DFIRearDiffuser2.jpg
Views: 1751
Size:  56.0 KB

And here are some pictures of the Werks1 997.1 diffuser.

Name:  DSC06695W.jpg
Views: 1343
Size:  51.8 KB
Name:  DSC06691W.jpg
Views: 1594
Size:  51.0 KB

Here are the results of wind tunnel testing on a 997.2 with diffuser installed.

Name:  RearDownForce_CMDiffuser.jpg
Views: 1249
Size:  49.4 KB

Old 12-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Nice pics and it looks beatiful !

I had a 964 before and the first cars had an engine tray, which Porsche later removed due to heating issues

I wonder if the Champion rear difusor has heating effects ?

Old 12-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Former Vendor
Nice pics and it looks beatiful !

I had a 964 before and the first cars had an engine tray, which Porsche later removed due to heating issues

I wonder if the Champion rear difusor has heating effects ?
Not at all. The Werks1/Champion diffuser is designed to allow the existing engine cooling ducts to function as they always do. Remember, your 964 was a completely different animal. Air-cooled vs water-cooled.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:37 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
The Champion piece looks nice, somewhat Ferrari-ish, if Im allowed to say that without offending anyone in the F-crowd.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by bavorak
The Champion piece looks nice, somewhat Ferrari-ish, if Im allowed to say that without offending anyone in the F-crowd.
If I had to guess, I'd say that was probably the inspiration behind the part. Of course, the added functionality was probably also a consideration.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:43 AM
tom - you guys wworking on one as well? thinking the champion is a bit over the top for daily use. no doubt it has aerodynamic properties, but for those going for an oem look, its too much...

as for the techart one, i'm not so sure it has much impact on the aerodynamics as its only an add on (not replacement) so under car air flows are unchanged.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:45 AM
guess there aren't any other rear diffusers for the 997.2 then...

Old 12-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Koby
tom - you guys wworking on one as well? thinking the champion is a bit over the top for daily use. no doubt it has aerodynamic properties, but for those going for an oem look, its too much...

as for the techart one, i'm not so sure it has much impact on the aerodynamics as its only an add on (not replacement) so under car air flows are unchanged.
Well it's not something we've really considered at this point. I'm just not sure the demand would be high enough for us to produce one. But then again, I never say never.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
Well it's not something we've really considered at this point. I'm just not sure the demand would be high enough for us to produce one. But then again, I never say never.
thanks anyways tom!

have also found a speedart kit that looks nice. slightly more agressive than the techart, but not as much as the werks1 kit...

Old 12-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Koby
thanks anyways tom!

have also found a speedart kit that looks nice. slightly more agressive than the techart, but not as much as the werks1 kit...
Having seen the Werks1 rear diffuser in person (as well as tons of other Werks1 carbon fiber parts), I can honestly say the fit, finish, and overall quality of their parts is absolutely amazing! It's nearly impossible to find a flaw in their parts. Not only that, but the fact that they take the time and development dollars to also insure that the part is functional makes it stand out from the others. That, to me, is the biggest selling point.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:48 PM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
Is it me or is the Werks1 the only that wraps under and provides actual improvement? The others look like rear valance appliqués without any real function--look great tho. Don't see how the others are real diffusers per se.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 rear diffusers?