997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Crap, you're right- I can collect it today at FedEx, which is right near my house!

Problem is: my wife has arranged a full day of shopping for us, with our son at the Nanny's. So instead of starting this project, I'll be dragged around the mall all day, spending money, with my mind 100% elsewhere. I wonder how transparent my sad face will be.

So close, but yet so far.
Arghhh!
CATTMAN

Old 01-02-2010, 08:04 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
Crap, you're right- I can collect it today at FedEx, which is right near my house!

Problem is: my wife has arranged a full day of shopping for us, with our son at the Nanny's. So instead of starting this project, I'll be dragged around the mall all day, spending money, with my mind 100% elsewhere. I wonder how transparent my sad face will be.

So close, but yet so far.
Arghhh!
CATTMAN
Make a small detour to the Fed ex facility and tell the wife I gave it to you for a Xmas present......surely she will be happy that it was FREE,LOL

Old 01-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Well, no surprise that I couldn't wait, and ran to FedEx real quick!

Pandoras Box is here!

Now off to the mall with my wife, LOL! I'll have to unwrap it tonight once she goes to bed.
CATTMAN

Attached Images  
Old 01-02-2010, 09:48 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
stacy why did you sell your supercharger?

Old 01-02-2010, 11:34 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
Jim,
FOR ONCE you notice and post something useful!

Cattman go and get it Buddy,woohoo!

Stacy

Careful buddy! If I leave the forum, u wont have anything laugh @ . LOL If I can make anyone just smile for a brief second, instead of being overwelmed in daily routines, Ive accoplished my mission. My wife acctually thought it was very thoughtful you called me to wish me a happy New Year. I told her "That is not the real Stacy! Just some shmuck trying to make himself feel better" ROFL

Jim

Old 01-02-2010, 11:36 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !

LOL! I'll have to unwrap it tonight once she goes to bed.

CATTMAN

Ohhh Catt! ..........Done that before! As soon as Ken sends the cats, Im sure the instal will happen @ nite

Jim

Old 01-02-2010, 11:43 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Nice work and the package LOOKS great!
Pandoras Box is here!

Now off to the mall with my wife, LOL! I'll have to unwrap it tonight once she goes to bed.
CATTMAN
Ahhh tell her to go shopping on her own,you don't look good John,you should stay home,LOL!

Originally Posted by jstrat85
stacy why did you sell your supercharger?
I got tired of hearing John complain about his car being too slow,LOL!
So I helped a fellow brother out!
For real,I am thinking turbo set-up,just to try!

Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Careful buddy! If I leave the forum, u wont have anything laugh @ . LOL If I can make anyone just smile for a brief second, instead of being overwelmed in daily routines, Ive accoplished my mission. My wife acctually thought it was very thoughtful you called me to wish me a happy New Year. I told her "That is not the real Stacy! Just some shmuck trying to make himself feel better" ROFL

Jim
Of-course you know your wife is always 'RIGHT' Jim,after-all she wears the pants in that house....unless she lets you try a pair on now and then!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 01-02-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:22 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !

Jim
I thought he called you to wish you a happy 56th birthday!

Old 01-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
I thought he called you to wish you a happy 56th birthday!
False alarm Ed....his 60th b-day is this July......24th to be exact!

I have done some in-depth searching to figure this date out!
Oh and his wife SOUNDS like an amazing lady BTW!
Which brings up many many more questions!

Stacy

PS Cattman have you unpacked that parcel YET!

Old 01-02-2010, 03:14 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
When you are as old as Jim, you need to celebrate all the little milestones, he is almost halfway to his next birthday...some happy Jan 2 Jim, you look great for your age off course!

Old 01-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
When you are as old as Jim, you need to celebrate all the little milestones, he is almost halfway to his next birthday...some happy Jan 2 Jim, you look great for your age off course!

Honestly......i c the simple things in life amuse u!

Jim

Old 01-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by justatoy
False alarm Ed....his 60th b-day is this July......24th to be exact!

I have done some in-depth searching to figure this date out!
Oh and his wife SOUNDS like an amazing lady BTW!
Which brings up many many more questions!

Stacy

PS Cattman have you unpacked that parcel YET!
OMG...................John if u dont take over this thread, the Canadian Mounts will be trackin me down for 1st degree murder, of 2 6speed members! LOL

Old 01-02-2010, 07:37 PM
With threats like that you could be on the RCMP watch list. They will grab you at the border and rubber glove you...but you might like that!

Old 01-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Honestly......i c the simple things in life amuse u!

Jim
Told you I was going to be nice in 2009, it's a new year Jimmy!

Old 01-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Love you guys, but let's add value with content. Meanwhile, here's what I got so far:

-Opened the package, and it's 92 lbs worth of parts that are going to go into my car, along with more coolant, so maybe 100 lbs, total? I know it's going to add a lot of HP, but I am going to have to shave weight somehow, too.

-Stacy packed everything beautifully in a big ole rubbermaid box. Then he wrapped it in clear tape, and bound it with tie downs. It's a darn good thing he wrapped it in tape, because the rubbermaid box got split and cracked in several spots. As it was so carefully wrapped, nothing was harmed, but the rubbermaid bin is shot.

-The Supercharger itself was wrapped it some kind of Canadian insulation, no doubt asbestos, LOL! Kidding, it's all here, in tact.

-The Supercharger is HUGE. It's as large as a dinner plate, and heavy as a kettle bell. This is the heart, so I am glad it's hearty as an integral part of the workings should be.

-Looking over everything, what shocks me is that I know what each part is and where it belongs. I guess that's the benefit of studying/ procrastinating for a year. Honestly, there are not a lot of parts. It's no more daunting on the surface than a SSK install is, just more parts, but really nothing too worrisome.

-The elec wiring is the only part I don't feel confident with, but $40 to some teen from the Geek Squad will solve that. Soldering is a breeze if you've done it once, and as I haven't, I won't feel like I am taking a shortcut by outsourcing it, and the only thing I'll need that for is the pump for the 3rd radiator.

When I get undivided time in the garage, I really think I can do the install in 3 days. Add another day for durametric testing and other adjustments to ensure the timing and AF ratios are right, etc.

BTW, Stacy said it best: if he can do it, anyone can. I'm here to prove it! After his process, he was lightyears ahead in terms of understanding cars, and it intimidated me- still does in fact, when he talks about AF ratios, pulling timing, leaning out, etc. But after deciding to do this, I've spent time on Wikipedia and Bing, and I am ready to do it, confidently. Hopefully I can share it with you, layman to layman.
CATTMAN

Attached Images    

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman